Game Two

Mal certainly has a lot of work to do if he persists with DCE which he will. His style is just so different to Cronk's.

For mine, this game was lost by the Maroons with a lot of help from the refs. As well, the defensive holes and tackle attempts when they scored a few tries was dreadful.

The Blues showed me nothing special at all. They are pedestrian, ordinary. They only play well when the defence is poor.

Game 3 is 50-50 and it all depends on how DCE integrates with Thurston and the edges.

Cronk's injury was 3-4 weeks and this is week 2. If Cronk is fit we win. If not, well...

Hunt would have played more direct like Cronk

Absolutely gutted but at least it shows I still have the passion for Qld

This. He ought to have been there, not DCE. And he's a Bronco in a team of Broncos ... well more or less.

DCE reminded me of a headless chicken

I'm sooooo angry right now. Blatant match fixing. Pathetic, NRL....you've nearly lost me.

GI try was a try. On field refs said try. GUS and STERLO said try. Video ref clearly in a blue jersey, paid by the NRL for a 'result'. No other explanation. Not to mention the dodgy penalty to get them there, and Jennings blatant dropped ball a tackle or two beforehand.

Blues allowed to slow the ruck down to no end. Taking players off the ball all night. Not onside all night.

Just....no words. Pathetic. Soft tries that we let in, but we clearly gave up at the end and who could blame them.

FUCKING PATHETIC.

In other news, Hunt >>> DCE any day of the week. I've been saying it for over a year: DCE is a Kimmorley or Pearce, great at club level but unable to step up to rep. Bun Hunt, on the other hand, can do it. Plays more direct, like Coops, so a much better fit for the team structure. He would have smashed a couple of opportunities tonight that DCE bombed. Plus, his defence is rock solid; DCE is a turnstile and always needed an extra bloke as cover. Mal, for the love of whatever gods exist, DCE is NOT the answer...Hunt is. Loyalty is good, but not to a fault. DCE tonight showed he can't hack it. There's no excuses after the full week and a half in camp. To think he's QLD captain material is absolutely laughable. He won't even make the team once you give Hunt a crack.

So upset. And disgusted. I'd feel dirty as a Blues supporter. I can take fair losses, but rigged games....FIX YOUR SHIT, NRL. Or I'm done.

**** oath. Ive never EVER stopped watching a game but i did today (granted i just read facebook on my phone while it was on in front me but still). That was easily the most blatantly wrong call i have ever seen. The vid ref has to have CONCLUSIVE evidence to overrule a try. There is literally no fucking way he had that evidence. Until the NRL take this shit seriously and remove the former NSW player from the vid ref box, there is no way they can make unbiased calls.

I'm with everyone else here.

Glad to know I'm still angry and in a way it sets up for a compelling finale and I no longer feel as confident as I once did about this series.

In fairness, once Cronk went down I should have seen it as an omen but I was riding a wave of positivity and wanted to give DCE all my support. I had my reservations, but tonight was his shot and he absolutely let everybody down. Outside of running one play which was more Gillett than anything else, he let the team down.

SOS Cronk.

And that's the theme of the night for me.

Chambers played exactly how I expected Chambers to play. His effort on Jennings was laughable and he invited NSW right back into the game with his fumble. He'll keep his spot since he's the heir to Hodges' position but gee his dream run turned into a nightmare that evening.

But hey he wasn't alone. I reckon Mat Scott is a Queensland legend but his effort on Woods was mediocre and if ever there was a momentum killer there was that.

I still think there is a lot to like about the Maroons but it just wasn't their night, NSW finished on top and Queensland looked absolutely deflated after that GI no try.

Credit to NSW though, big improvement from Game I largely off the back of running at DCE and they used their bench a lot better this time around. Both Morris and Gal added more to the team and we've got ourselves a great game III.

Mal certainly has a lot of work to do if he persists with DCE which he will. His style is just so different to Cronk's.

That's the big thing, isn't it. DCE just isn't comfortable with the style of play we expect. It's partially why he was so bad. I'm hopeful Hunt overtakes him in a year or so and can just slot into the Cronk role. If not, then our structure will have to look a lot different.

In terms of Bronkers players

Parker - 10/10. Our best player.
McGuire - 8.5/10. Was excellent off the bench.
Boyd - 7/10. Not too bad. Shouldn't have let Morris score though.
Gillett - 7/10. Limited time, but went well.
Thaiday - 5/10. Did nothing in attack. Made a bunch of tackles, but was pathetic in letting Dugan stoll through.
Hodges - 4/10. Some shocking defence mostly overshadows his work out of dummy half.

You beauty excellent win by the Blues any win in Origin is special and tonight was no exception. Congrats to everyone who played, quality game of football that went down to the wire and saw some very good attacking Rugby League for an Origin game.

I thought QLD would miss Cronk and NSW would be better with Gallen and Borris returning and I was correct. Cronk would've been a lot more effective than DCE who has surprisingly been MIA at this level (I thought he would perform very well at Origin level). The players from the Maroons I liked from tonight were Thurston and Smith who played superbly, I also liked Slater, McGuire and Parker. NSW players who impressed me the most where Gallen, Jennings, Dugan, Woods, Klemmer, Merrin and the halves Pearce and Hodkinson.

About the GI no try. Well personally I thought Myles did get his fingertips to the ball and pushed it forward so I thought they got a tough call right. As for NSW being given the rub of the green I thought QLD got lucky once or twice with the Pearce no try and I thought the Maroons were sneaking up offside during the second half. QLD could have still won the game as well.

Pearce and Hodkinson played a lot better and kicked a lot better as well tonight and it showed as NSW scored 26 points after a lot of people were questioning how they were going to score points.

Great to see Woods and the entire NSW team stick it up to the Queensland press after being ridiculed and called myths, worst team in history, nuffies etc.

Excellent win by the Blues but there is still another game to up here in Brisbane. It's anyone's game now. How would I love to see NSW win a decider in Brisbane again.

In the last 2/3 weeks I've passed my photograpghy course with a perfect score, aced my driving test and I'm now a P plater, had a cardio exam today and everything with my heart is well and good and now the Blues have won an Origin game. Pretty good atm

GO THE MIGHTY BLUES NEW SOUTH WALES NEW SOUTH WALES NEW SOUTH WALES NEW SOUTH WALES NEW SOUTH WALES

11223819_1165871010105358_554921120375147789_n.jpg

Lolz the courier mail is a crackup

Last edited:
Another thing.

Very disgraceful behaviour from the crowd cheering out and shouting during a minute's silence. Seriously what do people find so challenging about standing still and quite for 2 minutes max

Wankers

About the GI no try. Well personally I thought Myles did get his fingertips to the ball and pushed it forward so I thought they got a tough call right. As for NSW being given the rub of the green I thought QLD got lucky once or twice with the Pearce no try and I thought the Maroons were sneaking up offside during the second half. QLD could have still won the game as well.

This........., The no try was correct the scrum to NSW was bullshit. Pearce dropped the ball forward into Myles, NSW score off the scrum.

Also the off side penalty given to NSW when we still led and had them pinned was game changing. The problem I have with that type of penalty is they are basically optional, that is, the ref could ping either side in just about any set during the game but low and behold NSW get one when they are going nowhere, it's the timing of the penalty that is dubious.

The Pearce no try was correct as well, it was the previous pass which was forward not the one to Pearce.

So yes NSW did get the rub of the green IMHO but what do you expect when they have been worked over in the press for 10 days straight by every NSW player, official, coach and journo.

Last edited:
Also the off side penalty given to NSW when we still led and had them pinned was game changing. The problem I have with that type of penalty is they are basically optional, that is, the ref could ping either side in just about any set during the game but low and behold NSW get one when they are going nowhere, it's the timing of the penalty that is dubious.

Offside penalties (and all penalties not for foul play) should just be differential penalties. No kick for touch, no shot for goal, just a tap from the infringement. No team could score tonight without the assistance of a penalty first. Its a joke. Penalties have too much weight

EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm too pissed off to say much, but until the NswRL has the NSW'king influence, and the NSW'ker thief removed from the video box, the filth from the south will remain artificially lifted up, making up for "thrilling challenges between equal teams", which of course sells better...

On the Broncos, I thought Thaiday had his worst Origin game, and Hodges struggled with the room given to Jennings, but both had to contend with DCE in between them. Having said that, the period Gillett played on the right, coincided with the period where the roaches' left side didn't do much. He was for mine the best Bronco tonight, but credit to Parker, McGuire and Boyd, who were all very good as well.

I hope the DCE experiment is now terminated, so he can give his exclusive attention to suckle the scum dry. I hope Cronk is fit, otherwise for our sake... bring Hunt on Mal!

It's funny how much Origin gets people riled up and has them saying some pretty one-sided stuff that they usually wouldn't! BHQ included but certainly not limited to, facebook has all sorts of childish comments.

NSW forward pass call I thought looked correct but the only angle I saw them replay wasn't ideal. The Inglis no try for me was a shit call. If they're saying Nate Myles knocked on I would argue how can a guy with his head down and coming from behind actually play at the ball? Not sure if the rule changes after a strip but an unintentional contact with the ball isn't counted as a knock on right?

Having said that, this is rugby league. It happens every game and during origin the team on the lucky side sighs with relief and grabs another beer. The other side thinks about throwing their stubby into the TV then rethinks it. It's our life, it happens, move on I say. There's so many examples from the past so we should be used to it by now.

As for grubby tactics NSW certainly we're all over that. What was witch Bitchell Pearce carrying on like a schoolgirl on her first period a couple times in the first half? Gave away a couple pens and didn't really upset QLD at all.

Game 3, get in! Hopefully work will have me in Brissy at the time so would love to go and witness some glory!

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • Organix
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Nerd
  • I bleed Maroon
  • sooticus
  • Rambstien
  • bazza
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.