Golden boot winners

Which is apart of the reason he needs to go but then again, I couldn't see the likes of McGuire, Lawrence, Lillyman, Tolman etc being able to match it with the Kiwis pack.

They were just too good and the players that we needed like Mat Scott, Andrew Fifita, Drug Cheat etc. weren't available.
They would have certainly done a better job, and I'm sure they (and I) would've loved to at least give it a try!

Granted, but not good enough.

One or two forth-rate prop forwards was ever going to match it. So instead of looking at the cup half-empty and putting it on some scapegoat, how about giving credit where it's due and celebrating the positive.

I thought David Klemmer performed admirably.

McGuire was one of the better performers in the 4N, and Samoa came close to beating NZ themselves.

If Sheens picked a squad that wasn't complete shit (and there were players available despite injuries), I don't think you can say we definitely would have lost.

I was cheering for NZ because of this situation too. Making a mockery of the Australian side, while we bend over and take it is not cool.

Okay then, what would have your 24 man squad been if it was that obvious?

As far as I'm concerned, I read through most of the suggestions on here and all the players that were nominated were fringe rep players who would have been a marginal improvement if that.

Okay then, what would have your 24 man squad been if it was that obvious?

As far as I'm concerned, I read through most of the suggestions on here and all the players that were nominated were fringe rep players who would have been a marginal improvement if that.
How do you know that? Do you have a crystal ball?

Having a couple of McGuire, Lawrence, Lillyman or even Tolman, just to name a few, would've made a huge difference to the team, allowing Parker and Thaiday to play in their preferred positions for example.

I believe those guys would have held their own much better than Parker, Thaiday and Woods the pillow against the Kiwi front row, and at least we'd now know what to expect from them in the rep arena (although Lillyman is already a proven performer).

From an Aussie point of view, there are no positives to think of... it was a disgrace because of the ridiculous sheenius selections, and he should long have been out of a job!

Porthoz said:
How do you know that? Do you have a crystal ball?

I watch the game and know that they aren't at that level of producing performances like a Mat Scott, Andrew Fifita or Paul Gallen which is what the team needed.

Porthoz said:
allowing Parker and Thaiday to play in their preferred positions for example.

Do you mean Lock Forward and Right Fringe respectively which is where they played in the game that mattered?

The player you're thinking of is Josh Papalii and it's hard to see those players really producing a MUCH better performance than his.

(although Lillyman is already a proven performer)

He hasn't proved all that much, he can make several hit ups and that's about the extent of it.

I'm not talking about the Australian team when I'm talking about positives, I'm talking about giving the Kiwis their chance to shine and celebrating their talents instead of trying to find excuses that by and large would have been like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I'm talking about giving the Kiwis their chance to shine and celebrating their talents

Pfft ...**** that !

I equate the loss in the same vein as NSW beat QLD this year.

The Kiwis played a 3rd / 4th string Aus side

end of/

Kiwis weren't full strength themselves and considering the differences in talent pool, it's still a great achievement.

But if you want to be miserable, go right ahead - no difference between that and all the Blues fans who made every excuse under the sun without giving the Maroons credit.

I'll give the Kiwis due credit. They were deserved winners, and I'm sure they will be eternally grateful to sheenius and his fucked up idiotic selections.

Pfft ...**** that !

I equate the loss in the same vein as NSW beat QLD this year.

The Kiwis played a 3rd / 4th string Aus side

end of/

I seriously don't understand why Queenslanders are saying this. It wasn't a 3rd string Queensland team it was almost at full strength apart from Cronk and his replacement was DCE who is held in high regard by everyone. Also do Queenslanders think the 2013 win was nothing because NSW were not at full strength after game 1 and were more under strength then what Queensland ever were throughout this year, of course they don't they see it as another glorious chapter in their incredible winning streak.

I seriously don't understand why Queenslanders are saying this. It wasn't a 3rd string Queensland team it was almost at full strength apart from Cronk and his replacement was DCE who is held in high regard by everyone. Also do Queenslanders think the 2013 win was nothing because NSW were not at full strength after game 1 and were more under strength then what Queensland ever were throughout this year, of course they don't they see it as another glorious chapter in their incredible winning streak.

I seriously think you've deluded yourself into believing the series was won ...."fair and square".

Having your entire youth punctuated every year by a losing streak for 8 yrs in a row will do that to a person

....I guess.

Well, isn't this just the thread that keeps on giving.

Bman makes a good point and I think if you were to apply the same standards to any series, maybe one or two AT MOST would have been won 'fair and square'.

Not that they should get used to calling themselves the champs.

It was definitely QLDs fault they lost. I mean, yeah, Cronk getting injured and DCE playing injured didn't help at all, but the team just got too comfortable with winning, Mal kep trying to change the game by having less props (same screw up as Sheens)...and I guess after 8 years of winning you don't try as hard.

I think the injuries QLD suffered, not just in Game 1 but during Game 2 certainly helped NSW, but that was very close to a full strength side.

This year, QLD didn't have the same hunger they had when the streak started. Their attitude seemed a lot different this year.

Last edited:
Haha the refereeing was by far the biggest factor in this years series. Massive decisions like Woods nipple and Thurston getting penalized after Reynolds punched someone. The complete lack of reaction from the refs to anything Reynolds or Bird did. The one game where they actually played rugby league, Queensland won.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Griffo
  • broncsgoat
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • mitch222
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Strop
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Gaz
  • Brocko
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.