Golden boot winners

Big Pete said:
no difference between that and all the Blues fans who made every excuse under the sun without giving the Maroons credit.

Guess it well and truly does go both ways.

Deary, deary me.

McGuire was one of the better performers in the 4N, and Samoa came close to beating NZ themselves.

If Sheens picked a squad that wasn't complete **** (and there were players available despite injuries), I don't think you can say we definitely would have lost.

I was cheering for NZ because of this situation too. Making a mockery of the Australian side, while we bend over and take it is not cool.

With all due respect that is completely pathetic and just childish. Cheering against your country just because you didn't like the team that was picked is just ridiculous and stupid. I didn't like some of the selections either but it didn't turn me off the Kangaroos. I could never cheer against Australia in any thing.

Guess it well and truly does go both ways.

Deary, deary me.

Why would anyone give the Blues credit? They definitely do not deserve it. They are hardly excuses, they are legitimate blunders that should not have happened. New South Wales ruined the first two games with ridiculous niggle and whinged their way to a series win. I'll give them the same amount of credit they gave us mate.

Origin has always had extra niggle in the ruck and Queensland got their share of the calls in Game 1.

It's pretty pathetic but at least it's out in the open.

With all due respect that is completely pathetic and just childish. Cheering against your country just because you didn't like the team that was picked is just ridiculous and stupid. I didn't like some of the selections either but it didn't turn me off the Kangaroos. I could never cheer against Australia in any thing.

I don't have to like a team that's picked (I certainly don't like players like Bird, Gallen etc)... but I need to be able to respect it. Having things like 7 first grade game rookies play for Australia just shows their lack of respect for the jersey, so why should I respect it?

It isn't the first time the Australian selectors have backed talent over experience. In 1959, Reg Gasnier had played bugger all first grade football yet was chosen to represent Australia. From all reports, Mata'utia performed better than Reg did all those years ago so it really speaks volumes.

He was selected after about 10 backs were scratched out, performed better than other backs and it wasn't like Croker or Chambers deserved to be called up either.

Haha the refereeing was by far the biggest factor in this years series. Massive decisions like Woods nipple and Thurston getting penalized after Reynolds punched someone. The complete lack of reaction from the refs to anything Reynolds or Bird did. The one game where they actually played rugby league, Queensland won.

Why would anyone give the Blues credit? They definitely do not deserve it. They are hardly excuses, they are legitimate blunders that should not have happened. New South Wales ruined the first two games with ridiculous niggle and whinged their way to a series win. I'll give them the same amount of credit they gave us mate.

Aaww still blaming the referees how cute

The NSW captain is a drug cheat and shouldn't have even been allowed to take part in this year's series.

I don't agree with that.

some of us don't really care about international football because it has been a farce for so long. some of us used to get up at 3am to watch the kangaroo tour matches and got to see some bloody good football from both teams for 80 minutes, but the last 15+ years it has just been "how many dozen points will Australia win by?". I don't really even remotely care about test football anymore, so I usually want to see the underdog win these days. the only way to get test footy back to its best is to have competitive teams, and having NZ/England/Fiji etc beat Australia and improve is the only way that's going to happen, so i have no problem in cheering them on.

as for the Origin discussion going on - this year was as far from fair and square as we have ever had. the referees weren't even trying to hide their orders from above that NSW were to win. it was an absolute joke. QLD shot themselves in the foot with some idiotic selections too, but they were never going to be allowed to win.

Yeah Alec, instead you should just cheer for two times like Broncoman does!

as for the Origin discussion going on - this year was as far from fair and square as we have ever had. the referees weren't even trying to hide their orders from above that NSW were to win. it was an absolute joke. QLD shot themselves in the foot with some idiotic selections too, but they were never going to be allowed to win.

Good points, ap but I'm not sure I'd agree with them completely. The refereeing was poor - but it was poor as well last year and in 2012 and that didn't stop us from clinching those series. I would rank the reasons for not winning the series in this order:

1. Complacency
2. Team Selections
3. Injuries

Not sure how you can say the refs favoured NSW all series when QLD won the penalty count in 2 games and got quite a few questionable calls go their way..

The only game you could say NSW were favoured in is Game 2, that's about it.

Last edited:
Not sure how you can say the refs favoured NSW all series when QLD won the penalty count in 2 games and got quite a few questionable calls go their way..

It was just really terrible this year. NSW would b all over us so QLD would be like, oh they're being lenient on laying in the ruck then would get penalized for it. I'm not saying it was intentional but there was a lot of ridiculous decisions that led to the NSW win, and it wasn't because they are the better team.

The same game 2 that decided the series.....?

Also NSW should have been way more behind in the penalty count than they already were.

Haha the refereeing was by far the biggest factor in this years series. Massive decisions like Woods nipple and Thurston getting penalized after Reynolds punched someone. The complete lack of reaction from the refs to anything Reynolds or Bird did. The one game where they actually played rugby league, Queensland won.

So you don't think that Game 1 was a great game? anybody who watched it even if they were Queenslanders would say that Game 1 of 2014 was a terrific game and great showpiece of Rugby League.

So you don't think that Game 1 was a great game? anybody who watched it even if they were Queenslanders would say that Game 1 of 2014 was a terrific game and great showpiece of Rugby League.

I heard a lot of people saying that and I disagree. As far as rugby league goes there were far better club games this year. The media said it was an amazing game which I believe put the idea into a few peoples heads. I've seen the game numerous times now and it was not that great.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.