Golf - Who Plays?

ningnangnong said:
Managed to get out and have a hit today for the first time with my new clubs since getting them for Chrissy.

Very happy with them! icon_thumbs_u

Awesome dude! I have played 3 times this week (I love the extra days off!) playing Hyatt Coolum on Thursday which will be scary the way I drive the ball.

Had a hit last Monday (work Christmas party). Just 9 holes at Coolangatta-Tweed Heads golf club. Nice course!

We played ambrose, 2 teams. Our team won with a 42 (+6). We were super consistent. 6 bogeys in the first 6 holes, then 3 pars to finish.

I started hitting them pretty well near the end. Less said about my first tee shot the better.

I got so far under it the tee went about 30 metres but the ball stayed where it was, just fell to the ground. LOLZ

I had a run of 6 pars the other day then had two triple bogies to ruin my front 9, f#cking driver related penalty strokes.

Haha, you are way too good for me man. I like celebrate when i get a par! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Managed two or three pars today which i was well happy with.

Played Twin Waters up here a couple of days ago, expensive but beautiful course. Drove well, struck irons reasonably but the chips and putts were piss poor completely ruined my score.

I played on a par 3 course at Terrey HIlls a week ago. I shot 42 over, so no I dont play golf, I just simply try to haha

Jeza23 said:
I played on a par 3 course at Terrey HIlls a week ago. I shot 42 over, so no I dont play golf, I just simply try to haha

Unlucky Jeza [icon_wink

Coxy said:
Jeza23 said:

Unlucky Jeza [icon_wink

At least I hit my ball off the tee [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. Might not have gone where I wanted it to go though [icon_shady

I played just about the best I have ever played today! Shot 82 which is 11+ at my local course. Had my first ever eagle too which helped matters. I love work being slow giving me more time for the important things in life.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I have played for a long time, different periods I have been more enthusiastic than others. Quite a good course here in Gympie so I am becoming a member. At one point I played off about 12 but am not nearly that good currently. Love the game and I own a good set of Tommy Armour Black Scots but I hate my woods and am going to look into getting a new driver and 3-wood. My first set was a $100 set from a cash converters, Brosnans was the brand and I highly recommend them as a first set as they are a decent quality and you will find them cheap.

My sisters boyfriend just started his golf pro apprenticeship out at gympie, i'm sure he'd be keen for a round if your ever looking for partners!

I probably know him already lol. Makes sense the old apprentice pro just finished and is about to move on.

Getting up at six tommorow for 18 holes.

Haven't played for a month or two. Can't wait!

ningnangnong said:
Getting up at six tommorow for 18 holes.

Haven't played for a month or two. Can't wait!

Scratch that then.

My mate's just told me the course is too wet. [icon_frown

I'm a member at Nudgee G.C here in Brissy ....

... luv the game icon_thumbs_u

I have been getting into Golf lately I played a round at Corinda and lost a few balls but i got a few pars which was better than I thought I would go.

I used to play Corinda after work every now and then when I lived nearby because you can fit in so many holes before dark. Pretty good condition for a shitty little par 3 course.

I worked at a driving range for over a year and a half so always had an interest in the game as well as having plenty of time hitting balls and getting advise on my swing and uptil 6 months ago no-one wanted to play with me until my brother got the bug to play and is hooked.

I have a shit set of full graphite shafts clubs (besides a broken 9 iron) but need to reshaft them or buy new clubs with a bit more oversized club heads as I have a fast swing and the flex on the graphite throws me off every now and then plus like the heavier weight of the oversized as I can feel the swing better. I find I have to hit more to the left to fade the ball to straight with my current clubs.

Wish the rain would stop a bit so we can go play. My putting sucks but I did hit a really nice chip in for par the 2nd last time we went to a local course.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • cento
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.