PRE-GAME Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys v

Re: Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys

I'd have gone Maranta too.

Bur I guess Bennett will just have to prove everyone wrong one more time this season

oh-come-on.gif

Video ref to be Patten just to top it off

At least Cummins should understand how the offside rule works by now

Copley is 18th man. Yay!

Maranta for me too. He just feels that much safer. Copleys last few games were horrrendous. Knocked himself out, then in his next game collided with Gillette, nearly knocked himself out and then launched himself superman style into a tackle later in the game (and missed).

Stylistically, I think the two teams present a compelling match up.

If you consider their style analogous to a boxer, the Broncos are counter punchers. Emphasis on tight defence, conserving energy against the opposition, biding their time to strike. When an opening presents itself, counter-attacks are swift, measured and decisive.

Conversely, the Cowboys can be likened to a pressure fighter, relying on a constant barrage of offence. Their defence may be suspect, but if they can keep the opposition on their heels, it's not a factor.

In keeping with the comparison, I think we have the advantage as long as the contest remains tight. Provided we stay in front or within striking distance, our discipline and resolve will erode their confidence, and our unpredictable attack will find the chinks in their armour.

Flipside is, we can't be chasing points as time runs down. If they get too far ahead on the scoreboard we'll have to throw caution to the wind, and that'll play right into their hands.

Last edited:

Big shot of confidence from WB to Dale Copley for next season

Yep has to be Coppa in the centres. I have faith in him, but losing Hodges will be a concern.

It's easy to think you lose your 'captain' and the team falls apart. But with Glenn, Hunt, Thaiday, Parker and Macca out there it's hard to think they won't be calling the shots.

Don't want to eat my words, but I am more confident of winning this than I was the roosters.

I was easy to show some love for the cows for making it this far. I wouldn't rather play any other team at the end of the year and **** it will hurt if we lose, because I know we didn't play our absolute BEST if it happens.

But the pain of seeing Melbourne or any Sydney club lift the trophy in front of us will be a little less if its the cowboys.

JT has won his precious Daly M metal this year tho, so near enough is good enough for his team!

Up the PoNieZ!@!@

Ray Thompson being named as 18th man, surely that means there is even slight doubt over Thurston playing

Ray Thompson being named as 18th man, surely that means there is even slight doubt over Thurston playing

I thought it's more indicative of an issue with Granville or Kostjasyn.

Broncos are officially 1 thru 17.

nah, no doubt about thurston playing. he will play injured, but that is known. he'd play on one leg if he had to.

nah, no doubt about thurston playing. he will play injured, but that is known. he'd play on one leg if he had to.

I hope he's in good shape,with no lingering effects from injuries.

Game of this magnitude deserves him at his best. I would be disappointed if he's half cooked.

Game of this magnitude deserves him at his best. I would be disappointed if he's half cooked.

oh i 100%. i want to beat them at full strength.

tbh a premiership is a premiership and i dont care how we get it but it'd be annoying as hell to read all the media "buttttt JT wasnt there" etc.

To be honest, Thurston on one leg would still be the best half.

We don't buy into the bullshit NSW Origin ploys, so we shouldn't read too much into this JT injry scare. I'm sure he's fine.

Active Now

• the_next
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skyblues87
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.