PRE-GAME Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys v

Re: Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys

Even if McGuire was just fit enough, he hasn't played since Round 16. This team has already had to adjust to his absence, so him coming into the team underdone after about 14 weeks would only be a distraction.

We've already shown in this finals series that our forwards can match it with Moa, Napa, Scott, Tamou and Taumalolo.

The Cowboys have all of the pressure in the world on their shoulders. It's going to hurt them a lot when they lose.

yeah this. they will be nervous. i think we'll be a bit more 'ready' to handle the occasion.

Well, we have more experience than the Cowboys.

That's a bonus for us.

Gordie says he hopes our GF opponents win? Disappointing :(

Ever since Bennett has come back Gordie is a massive hater. He sits on these fucking shows largely due to the work of Bennett and the Broncos and now he shits on them whenever he can.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

We have more big match experience than the Cows, we have Bennett, we have never lost a GF, we are fresher, we won last start between the two teams and looked fairly comfortable in doing so, we have KNik to come on late against their big, tired forwards and have stepped up a gear in the finals, have an extra rest day coming in, have done less travel and have looked the best team all finals and beaten the favourites in the Roosters and our opponents in the last month...so yeah, makes sense the Cows are favourites.

We have more big match experience than the Cows, we have Bennett, we have never lost a GF, we are fresher, we won last start between the two teams and looked fairly comfortable in doing so, we have KNik to come on late against their big, tired forwards and have stepped up a gear in the finals, have an extra rest day coming in, have done less travel and have looked the best team all finals and beaten the favourites in the Roosters and our opponents in the last month...so yeah, makes sense the Cows are favourites.

Add to that the pressure that the Cowboys must be under with this being potentially there last chance in god knows how long to win a premiership vs our young team that look primed for years of being up there....

Yeah cows are definite favourites, might as well not bother turning up.

Don't get me wrong I prefer to not be favourites, it's more a laugh at how many times Matty johns and co have tipped against us yet still they doubt. The bloke should just abstain from tipping

People under-rating us has worked for us so far this season ... Why change things now.

Last edited:

Worked for us in 2006.

I can't split them at all. If JT wasn't playing I'd pick the Broncos in a canter.

I think the Broncos have the qualifying final psychological advantage, a better spine and big game experience.

The likes of Lowe, Kostjacyn and Bolton really show where the salary cap has been spent and there seems a lot of Broncos and NRL discards throughout the rest of the team. Dodds and Offa are roughies for a big game. Nikorima is unphased and the perfect strike player.

A spine of JT, Morgan, Granville and Coote is so much less balanced than Hunt, Milford, McCullough and Boyd. I honestly think stifling JT (ala 2006 on Inglis) will work. Cowboys look predictable when their other playmakers get the ball. The only thing that worries me is the left hand side shift with a running Michael Morgan. Worked all night versus the Storm and we've seen Milford and Reed get smashed down that side all season.

Our 2-5 without Hodges is a big worry though. Oates, Maranta, Reed, Kahu... Then again, Winterstein, Feldt, O'Neill and Linnett (?) isn't setting the world on fire either.

I could see us blowing them out of the water early but JT's brilliance making us "win it twice", which will keep us all on our toes to the very end.

For all those experts picking the Cowboys... good on you but you are wrong. As I mentioned earlier we are fitter, we are healthier, we have a better collective defense (don't let us down Jack) and well... we have the Wayne factor.

Speaking of Wayne, I heard he asked the WAGS before the season started, "What can I do to make your life easier." They responded along the lines of have a creche on site, help with travel arrangements etc. In turn Wayne asked the ladies to keep their men focused and to make sure they stay out of trouble. When you reflect on the year, how many times did you hear of a Bronco getting in trouble? Zero as far as I can remember. Coach Bennett is a legend.

Also, which jersey do you think we will wear?

I know it sounds like a nothing point, but it took the gloss of photos/videos of the 2006 premiership when you look back an we're wearing that awful white strip.

I'm hoping it is the bog standard home maroon jersey rather than the floppy collar heritage yellow number we've pretty much adopted as the actual home strip this season.

Anything but our awful awful rainbow paddlepop 2014 away strip. So many bad memories...shudder.

We are wearing our home jersey.

This thread makes me nervous

Also, which jersey do you think we will wear?

I know it sounds like a nothing point, but it took the gloss of photos/videos of the 2006 premiership when you look back an we're wearing that awful white strip.

I'm hoping it is the bog standard home maroon jersey rather than the floppy collar heritage yellow number we've pretty much adopted as the actual home strip this season.

Anything but our awful awful rainbow paddlepop 2014 away strip. So many bad memories...shudder.

Pretty sure we've won all our games wearing the heritage jersey.

Won all games except for the Round 10 clash against the Cowboys.

This week is going really slow.. Especially today.

It's the deep breath before the plunge - Gandalf

It's Natural for people to be nervous at this point. This isn't about being so close you can smell it now, this is about being so close you can touch it. Whole different ball game. This is go time. Whatever Milf and Hunt have left in their salvos, they need to fire it off on Sunday.

Where's the logic behind making cows favourites? Not that I care, just puzzled really..

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Manofoneway
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • mrslong
  • Gaz
  • winslow_wong
  • Evander
  • Johnny92
  • Dexter
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • broncotville
  • NYCDB
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Lurker
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.