PRE-GAME Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys v

Re: Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys

I'm ready. It sunk in for me on Saturday night during the Cowboys game.

A lot of good points have been made about the way we have been playing and the way we should be playing . Mostly they are valid too but I've been thinking that in the grand final we need to stop the front row from giving the Cows the roll on. Naturally that's obvious but what I'm getting at is how we have been containing the roll on. All of our boys have been going high except the smaller guys who are virtually useless unless they go low but I'm thinking that at the start of the match we should be using our bigger guys the same way. When you watch Scott and to a lesser extent Tamou they get hit high but keep rolling on 5-10 metres at a time. I'd like to see their bottom lip hit the ground a metre after first contact. Sure they'll get some off loads away but they'll also lose a lot of metres that they have been banking on.

As long as our defenders are ready either side we can limit the Cows big roll on. The Cows have some serious big guys and we need to be scything them down rather than trying to hit them where they are most heavily muscled and where they find it easy to absorb. In fact, I think we are more likely to put some hurt on them if they are hitting the ground hard instead of the slow and graceless wrestle into submission, after getting an extra 8 metres or so.

Cowboys $1.85
Broncos $2.00

Tips
Cam Smith: Cowboys
David Klemmer: Cowboys
Nathan Hindmarsh: Cowboys
Bryan Fletcher: Cowboys
Gorden Tallis: "I hope the Cowboys win" - Thanks skip.
Matty Johns: Cowboys
Aaron Woods: Broncos

Underdogs until the very end (that's like, the fourth time I've been forced to say that)

Brisbane are 6 from 6 under Bennett in GFs and we're outsiders.

Ah well, we may as well not even turn up, everyone thinks we'll get done. Has an '06 smell about it.

Cowboys $1.85
Broncos $2.00

Tips

Haha I love it.

Before Friday night - "roosters are the best team this year, winner of this matchup will win the grand final"

We win the matchup

"Cowboys are favourites"

Haha I love it.

Before Friday night - "roosters are the best team this year, winner of this matchup will win the grand final"

We win the matchup

"Cowboys are favourites"

Exactly. The "experts" have the memories of goldfish. "The winner of the GF will be (insert name of whichever team won the most recent game)".

Gordie says he hopes our GF opponents win? Disappointing :(

Cowboys $1.85
Broncos $2.00

Tips

I'm legitimately stunned that Woods tipped us.

Even the Prime Minister said he wants to see the Cowboys win.

Nobody wants to see us win but us. It's us against the world, let's make everyone sad. C'MON BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody wants to see us win but us. It's us against the world, let's make everyone sad. C'MON BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has it ever been any different? We are the ones that had the balls to stand up to the tyranny of NSWRL, remember

Is he still the Prime Minister? Or have they changed again?

KRudd was always the worst Broncos supporter. Can't forget the time when Queensland won the series and he tweeted "Go the Broncos!" When people corrected him, he said he was jetlagged after getting back from Indonesia (2-hour time difference) one week ago.

hahahahaha

Politicians just jump on bandwagons to seem popular and blokey. Their opinion on us should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm legitimately stunned that Woods tipped us.

"I probably wont watch, that's a joke, I'm joking"

Translation: I actually wont be watching

Players who have no connection to either team will probably be on holiday getting pissed.

I'm predicting a Broncos win. Even if we miss Justin Hodges through suspension we can recall players who have done the job several times this year.

The win on Friday to Brisbane was very slick. We'll ask more questions of the Cowboys' attack than Melbourne did. A few other things I Noticed too - the Cowboys again got off to a slow start before the storm again took the lead.

Goal kicking contiues to be a factor for Brisbane. The Cowboys have their own dramas in that department. We also have Bennett on our side - when have they not produced a match-winning perforance on the game's bigesst day?

The only concern for mine is playing the Cowboys so close before the grand final. Are there recent examples of teams playing finals and both somehow getting there in to the end the same series?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Scdeac
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rough and Ready
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Purple Pills
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • broncotville
  • Waynesaurus
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.