PRE-GAME Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys v

Re: Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys

I'm loving the bold. It's like the opposition just has to flinch and BANG, we're over. Our 3rd try is a perfect example. Obviously there is a lot of work that goes in to it, not just in the awareness but also in the positioning and passing. But wow, it looks amazing. We haven't had that for years.

I was almost delirious on Friday at the game. Screaming out in that last minute, knowing we were headed to the Big Game. For me, beating the Roosters, the darlings of the NRL and the favorites for the title, felt like Job Done. IMO, we've already proven that we're the best team in the comp. That might sound mighty arrogant, but it's said out of pride and out of surprise to be honest. How I feel about this team won't be changed whether we win the GF or not.

But **** the Cowboys. It's like the hottest chick ever is at the bar and we're one of 16 dudes trying to tune her. 14 have been sent packing. It's just us and our mate, and while we haven't pulled a decent root in 9 years, old mate hasn't ever. But **** it, we may never get an opportunity with a specimen of this caliber again, our mate can go wack off in the crappers for all we care, it's on like Donkey Kong.

LOL!!!

Has this actually sunk in for anyone yet?

It has for me it's very exciting we're in the big one and proved the critics wrong, now let's put our head down and give it a good crack on Sunday.

I was almost delirious on Friday at the game. Screaming out in that last minute, knowing we were headed to the Big Game. For me, beating the Roosters, the darlings of the NRL and the favorites for the title, felt like Job Done. IMO, we've already proven that we're the best team in the comp. That might sound mighty arrogant, but it's said out of pride and out of surprise to be honest. How I feel about this team won't be changed whether we win the GF or not.

Not to mention handing them their biggest defeat of the year. I did laugh at the end when there was about 4 minutes to go, we're up by 19 and Port gives me this......petrified look when I say "I think it's safe to say we're going to the GF lads"

But **** the Cowboys. It's like the hottest chick ever is at the bar and we're one of 16 dudes trying to tune her. 14 have been sent packing. It's just us and our mate, and while we haven't pulled a decent root in 9 years, old mate hasn't ever. But **** it, we may never get an opportunity with a specimen of this caliber again, our mate can go wack off in the crappers for all we care, it's on like Donkey Kong.

Excellent.

All I want is a win, and **** the opponent, whoever it is!

I am a true believer in our team this year, but if we had to lose a final, at least it will be to Thurston's Cowboys. I will still be devastated, but it would be worse if it was some shitty NSW'kers team or the Melbourne cheats.
The only other team I could "accept" losing a Grand Final to, would be the Warriors.

Not to mention handing them their biggest defeat of the year. I did laugh at the end when there was about 4 minutes to go, we're up by 19 and Port gives me this......petrified look when I say "I think it's safe to say we're going to the GF lads".
It was 6+ minutes, and you would've gone over the railing if you had jinxed it! :thefinger:

This IS the post of the year.

This is ours to win or lose.

Noooooò heritage Jersey ask the way! !

For the record, the heritage jersey is just as lucky as the home jersey, i.e. we have lost a game in each of them.

We lost to Souths in Round 1 wearing the home jersey and lost to the Cowboys in Round 10 wearing the heritage jersey.

The other two losses at home were to Canterbury (Indigenous jersey) and Melbourne (members jersey).

Who can believe it! A couple of weeks ago one of my brothers in law passed away leaving behind a wife and 4 kids aged 6-11 and we had his funeral on Friday. While it put into perspective the importance of footy (not very) it sure was a nice way to end one of the hardest days of my life. Then to have the Cowboys get thru, one of my other brothers in law team, it was something else! Although the one who died was not a footy fan at all he loved his family, so we all said a little thanks to Mick for pulling some strings "up there" and making this happen.

A Broncos v Cowboys grand final is a true answer to prayer and I can hardly believe it. There will be no losers in my family this weekend.....but I will surely be riding the Broncos the whole way, and to hell With JT's legacy.

home jersey may be just as lucky, but it looks like dogsh*t in comparison

What would be a little boost is if Josh Mcquire makes the Grand Final return he dreams of, but we don't need him anyway.

We're 2 from 2 with me wearing the heritage jersey, so that will obviously be what I will wear in Sydney, alongside my lucky briefs...

Thinking of putting a sneaky few on Adam Blair to win the Clive Churchill medal

I'm expecting a big game from Blair.

He hasn't had much success in Grand Finals, and when he finally won one, it was stripped from him.

He'll have a big game.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • ezpz
  • pennywisealfie
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • broncotville
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Redux
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.