PRE-GAME Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys v

Re: Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys

I'm predicting a Broncos win. Even if we miss Justin Hodges through suspension we can recall players who have done the job several times this year.

The win on Friday to Brisbane was very slick. We'll ask more questions of the Cowboys' attack than Melbourne did. A few other things I Noticed too - the Cowboys again got off to a slow start before the storm again took the lead.

Goal kicking contiues to be a factor for Brisbane. The Cowboys have their own dramas in that department. We also have Bennett on our side - when have they not produced a match-winning perforance on the game's bigesst day?

The only concern for mine is playing the Cowboys so close before the grand final. Are there recent examples of teams playing finals and both somehow getting there in to the end the same series?

Roosters and Manly in 2013.

The last time it happened before then was 2005. Tigers won both games.

Last edited:

The Grand Final will be broadcasted in HD.

Honestly, I couldn't really care about that. I just want them to use multicam again.

Last edited:

Fk you Gordie. He's shown his true colours lately. Steve Renouf and the other diehard broncos players of the past would never wants us to lose a Grand Final ...All good at least we know where we stand with him.

Tallis has been that way for a while. Doesn't he have the shits with Bennett or something? Either way, writing us off and falling over himself to profess his love for the Cowboys is nothing new unfortunately.

Those tips mean **** all to me.

Cowboys have had all the hype, all year, while we've quietly gone about our business.

It's going to be one hell of a battle, but I'm confident we'll come out on top. We've shown the ability to adapt to our opposition, while I don't think the same can be said of NQ. Bennett will have the boys well prepared for the challenge.

The Cowboys have all of the pressure in the world on their shoulders. It's going to hurt them a lot when they lose.

You got to laugh at the likes of Rothfield, Ritchie and talkback callers. They've been taking the piss out of the Cows for the last few years over the conspiracy calls and all of a sudden, they're everyone's "second team".
The Daily Telegragh has declared the Cows an honorary NSW team for the weekend which is good because they're used to backing losers.

Isn't Tallis on the Cowboys board?

If so, i can certainly understand him publicly backing the Cowboys.

We would certainly be pissed if one of our board members publicly backed the Cowboys.

If he is not on the Cowboys board... Then he is just a dick

Today it has set in. I'm not happy that we aren't favorites, I had a lot more confidence before I watched every prick write us off last night. I really, really hope JT's groin is fucked, and really, really sore.

What are all these rumours about Josh McGuire telling Wayne Bennett he is ready to go and its up the Wayne to make the call! Surely can't be true?

We would certainly be pissed if one of our board members publicly backed the Cowboys.

He's with the Titans isn't he . Guess he's just a dick .

What are all these rumours about Josh McGuire telling Wayne Bennett he is ready to go and its up the Wayne to make the call! Surely can't be true?

It's just wishful thinking from Josh.

The medical staff have flat out said he is no chance. They won't give him the all clear.

Tallis is with Titans.

Ikin is with the Cowboys.

JORDAN Kahu is adamant he can perform at right centre if Justin Hodges’ fairytale is cruelly denied.

New father Kahu said he was desperate for Hodges to beat the dangerous-throw charge at tonight’s judiciary hearing in Sydney.

However, he was confident in his ability if Wayne Bennett called upon him to move one position in from the wing.

“If he doesn’t get off and he is suspended, I will put my hand up,” Kahu told The Courier-Mail. “I don’t want him to get suspended. I want our captain in the grand final. I’m not planning for it.

“I am comfortable at centre. It is not anything foreign to me so I think I can do a job there.”

Kahu played six times at centre this season and the Broncos won all six.

Hodges will use Roosters backrower Aidan Guerra, who he is alleged to have tackled past the horizontal, as a witness at his judiciary hearing at Moore Park tonight in a hope of beating a grade one charge.

The Broncos do need a back-up plan though and a right-flank combination of Kahu and Lachlan Maranta appears to be how coach Bennett will go.

Outside back Dale Copley is the other option as he can play centre or wing.

The last game Copley and Maranta played was for Norths Devils in their loss to Tweed Heads in Round 26 of the Intrust Super Cup.

That means their grand final preparation for North Queensland would be a month without playing rugby league.

Kahu said he became emotional following Brisbane’s triumph over the Sydney Roosters, partly because he thought it would give Hodges a chance to chase his dream ending.

Kahu’s partner, Jess Kent, gave birth to their first daughter last week, meaning this could become the greatest month of his life.

“It hit me pretty big with a minute or two to go against the Roosters, when I knew we had won. I was pretty emotional,” Kahu said.

“Playing outside Hodgo meant I was so happy for him and so happy that this team could do this for him even though he’s told them not to do it for him.”

The Broncos will name Hodges at right centre and they will train Tuesday afternoon and hold a public fan session without him.

Their backline during the session will likely be their backline on grand final day.

Kahu ready to move in

Today it has set in. I'm not happy that we aren't favorites, I had a lot more confidence before I watched every prick write us off last night. I really, really hope JT's groin is fucked, and really, really sore.

It's actually making me feel more hopeful TBH. I'm more confident by the hour. Wayne will be using every piece of this underdog status to have the boys fired up and ready. The Broncos have improved gradually but surely over the last month and they're peaking at the right time, whereas the Cowboys got some arguably easier games against the Sharks and Storm, where their pack made metres at will. We stopped their pack last time, convincingly, and we'll do it again.

We got dis.

I prefer to be underdog, makes a win feel so much better. But still, **** the RL media, we've been 1st most of the year, pipped for the minor premiership at the post, beat every team this year, beat the favourite the Roosters, and the supposed favourites now, a couple of weeks ago, and somehow we're still not favourites.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Scorchie
  • broncotville
  • porouian
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.