PRE-GAME Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys v

Re: Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys

i think they've just taken alot of money from mugs who have gotten behind the thurston bandwagon.

i could not care less what anyone thinks. will gladly take the underdog tag, and fingers crossed the pressure gets to the cows. but broncos should 100% be (slight) favourites for this GF.

Where's the logic behind making cows favourites? Not that I care, just puzzled really..

Because they aren't the Broncos.

Part of it is that they can't believe this kind of turn around is possible (people still doubting Bennett) and the other part is they fucking hate us.

It really depends on the betting agency. CrownBet and Sportsbet both have us completely square at 1.92, so the bookkeepers are the only ones writing us off, and they read the newspapers.

Grand Final REFEREES: Gerard Sutton and Ben Cummins

Grand Final REFEREES: Gerard Sutton and Ben Cummins

oh-come-on.gif

I love it how everyone is talking up the Cows as if their win is a mere formality. All I've been hearing this week is how good it will be when (not if) JT captains his team to its first premiership and takes home the CCM in the process. Having the spotlight off us will help immensely, and I think Bennett is loving the fact that the media aren't even considering the fact that we might actually win on Sunday.

there will definitely be some big money come for the broncos immediately if he is cleared

FYI video ref for the GF is the same joker that awarded the kane evans try....

If Josh McGuire is fit, then he should be 100% picked. He is to good of a player not to be picked. Put him on the bench if they have too. Bloke is a warhorse and wouldn't let you down. Not match fit is not a good enough excuse for him not to be picked. Even if its just for a 20-30 minute appearance like some of our forwards get now off the bench.

mcguire is nowhere near being given the all clear.

team named. same 17 as expected. copley standby pending hodgo finding.

BRONCOS NRL TEAM

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges ©
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Sam Thaiday
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

Interchange:

14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Mitchell Dodds
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Kodi Nikorima
18. Dale Copley

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Put away these fantasies about McGuire making a miraculous comeback for the GF. There is no chance in the fiery depths of hell that Bennett would risk him given the form our forwards are in currently.

Team:

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Kyle Feldt
3. Justin O’Neill
4. Kane Linnett
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Michael Morgan
7. Johnathan Thurston (c)
8. Matt Scott (c)
9. Jake Granville
10. James Tamou
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Ethan Lowe
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange:

14. Rory Kostjasyn
15. John Asiata
16. Scott Bolton
17. Ben Hannant
19. Ray Thompson

Why am I getting flash backs to Copley shitting the bed in the finals a couple of years ago and dropping the ball over the try line, I feel like Maranta was the safer option for a Grand Final..

Given Copley has been named as cover ... Should the unthinkable happen and Hodges is ruled out, i would do a direct swap. Kahu should stay on the wing IMO as he is far better under the bomb

Active Now

• Allo
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • bb_gun
  • jarro65
  • winslow_wong
  • Dreaglor
  • Dexter
  • MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Lurker
  • Stix
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.