PRE-GAME Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys v

Re: Grand Final - Broncos vs Cowboys

not too worried. it being highlighted against the roosters just means they'll work extra hard on it this week and get it right on GF day.

Cowboys were good, but I think we can beat them.

Hunt and Milford > Thurston and Morgan on form

No matter how good Thurston is, Morgan's injections into the game looked really predictable against the Storm, second man shift play, run the ball. I think a good up and in defence from Reed will stiffle Morgan and O'Neill can be shut down easier than Ferguson.

early weather prediction is temp of 32 for sunday in sydney.

I reckon Reed should be alright as Ferguson is bigger guy than O'neil.

Reed was guilty of trying too hard to help protect Milf from Ferguson last week.

I really don't think they need to do that as he's proven he can more than hold his own in defence these days.

All Milf needs to do is get a decent grab on Morgan and wait for the cavalry to arrive.

I reckon Reed should be alright as Ferguson is bigger guy than O'neil.

The problem isn't just with Reed though. Milford was owned by Morgan last (regular season) game, and simply can't be expected to stop him one-on-one. That means that Reed will still be tending to stay in to help Milford just as he stayed in to help him against RTS. Ferguson may be harder to tackle than O'Neill, but it's still a concern. The Broncos' best defence will be to have make sure our whole defensive line is not stretched too far, so that Glenn can stay close enough to Milford, and then whoever is inside Glenn can stay close etc etc.

The problem isn't just with Reed though. Milford was owned by Morgan last (regular season) game, and simply can't be expected to stop him one-on-one. That means that Reed will still be tending to stay in to help Milford just as he stayed in to help him against RTS. Ferguson may be harder to tackle than O'Neill, but it's still a concern. The Broncos' best defence will be to have make sure our whole defensive line is not stretched too far, so that Glenn can stay close enough to Milford, and then whoever is inside Glenn can stay close etc etc.

Another reason Ferguson got over was because Glenn was covering Hodges spot on the right. Reed had a lot of work to do.

I watched the Cows live and they just weren't at the same level as Brisbane despite what the respective scorelines imply. We need to target Feldt all night, his hands are so suspect and he has mistakes in him. Winterstein is fairly safe and try to keep it away from Coote as he defuses everything.

The Cowboys are better than last time we played but so are we. There were so many good tactics employed against the Roosters right from the first kick that I know Wayne will have them ready to handle the Cows. That said, out of the four teams left last weekend, the only team that could get close to us I thought beforehand was the Cows and any team with JT will always be dangerous no matter how far in front we might get.

Broncs will win but it will be another epic. Just grateful the two best teams of the year are in the GF.

Should be an absolute cracking game. As with the roosters game i'm confident we can win this, mind you i'm not as confident but we just seem to have the perfect prep. If we complete our sets like we did in the roosters game i think we have this!

I am so pumped for this game ...

The Sydney Harbor is full of tears from all over NSW ...

First, QLD dominated them in a record origin victory to take the shield back to it's rightful home.

Now QLD teams are the only ones left standing in the NRL ...

was there ever any doubt ... QLD is the true heartland of rugby league.

The one part of the Cowboys game that benefits us is their ball control.

In the past 4 games they have made a combined total of 37 errors.

Broncos have made a combined total of 28 errors in the past 4 games.

Broncos have shown this year they don't need many chances to score.

this week is going slow already.

Has this actually sunk in for anyone yet?

My last post before I'm off to NYC.

Just wanna say I wholeheartedly agree with the **** Cowboys sentiment. Who is realistically placating a potential grand final loss with the mentality of, oh but it'd just be so nice for JT and for the Cowboys. **** that and **** them. This isn't origin. JT is an enemy for all but 3 games a year. Cowboys don't give a **** about us. Time to put them back in their place, forever in our shadow.

GO BRONCOS, 7TH HEAVEN FOR WAYNE AND LADS.

Just wanna say I wholeheartedly agree with the **** Cowboys sentiment. Who is realistically placating a potential grand final loss with the mentality of, oh but it'd just be so nice for JT and for the Cowboys. **** that and **** them. This isn't origin. JT is an enemy for all but 3 games a year. Cowboys don't give a **** about us. Time to put them back in their place, forever in our shadow.

agree wholeheartedly. i couldnt give a shit about the cowboys.

Nope.

I'm afraid I'll wake up one day and realize it was all just a dream..

Last edited:

The one part of the Cowboys game that benefits us is their ball control.

In the past 4 games they have made a combined total of 37 errors.

Broncos have made a combined total of 28 errors in the past 4 games.

Broncos have shown this year they don't need many chances to score.

I'm loving the bold. It's like the opposition just has to flinch and BANG, we're over. Our 3rd try is a perfect example. Obviously there is a lot of work that goes in to it, not just in the awareness but also in the positioning and passing. But wow, it looks amazing. We haven't had that for years.

I was almost delirious on Friday at the game. Screaming out in that last minute, knowing we were headed to the Big Game. For me, beating the Roosters, the darlings of the NRL and the favorites for the title, felt like Job Done. IMO, we've already proven that we're the best team in the comp. That might sound mighty arrogant, but it's said out of pride and out of surprise to be honest. How I feel about this team won't be changed whether we win the GF or not.

But **** the Cowboys. It's like the hottest chick ever is at the bar and we're one of 16 dudes trying to tune her. 14 have been sent packing. It's just us and our mate, and while we haven't pulled a decent root in 9 years, old mate hasn't ever. But **** it, we may never get an opportunity with a specimen of this caliber again, our mate can go wack off in the crappers for all we care, it's on like Donkey Kong.

Nope, still hasn't sunk in. Don't think it will sink in until Sunday when I'm at ANZ. As someone else said I keep thinking I'll wake up from some glorious dream.

Watching the replay for the 4th time right now and still don't believe it!

Most importantly- what kit are we wearing?

Active Now

• theshed
  • broncotville
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Redux
  • Financeguy
  • Gaz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
  • Confidor
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.