Grand Final Ticket Prices

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
What a bloody joke!!! What's doing with $345 for the top ticket. Rip off if you ask me. Hopefully there is some great pre game entertainment or something good.

Though in saying this, I will still be buying tickets and going. (sucker hey)

has this turned anyone off, not going etc?

I'll spend the money on some good food and have a BBQ at home with mates.

We are still going. The tickets we used to get and have for the past 5 GF's were $90 and under one of the corner screens, good view and back enough out of the rain. Those seats are now $210. So we are going to get tickets behind the goal post and hopefully they will be ok. At the footy tomorrow night we will check out possible seats to ask for when at the Ticketek outlet on Tuesday.

I understand why they have raised the price but I feel they have done it too quickly and it has alienated some sections of the fan base. However, with the new experience of everything on the day outside the stadium inside the fenced area I found it a fun day. Before that it felt like the day just dragged on because you spent most of the time in your seat.

I spent last year for most of NSW cup outside playing Rugby League Live 2. There was a main stage with Justice Crew doing a little performance and they had a quiz with prizes for fans on stage (really dumb fans though). Then I was watching the Triple M stage as Anthony Maroon was talking to a fair few players. So as I said, I think it really makes the day better.

I don't care for the pre entertainment at all. I hate the fireworks inside the stadium as it generally doesn't clear for over 10 minutes into the match. So I am coughing for most of that time. Plus the performances are usually mimed or the echo in the ground makes it sound shit. They did upgrade the sound system during the year so hopefully it makes it better.

Though the biggest defensive the NRL has at the moment will be - the AFL is more expensive.

What a bloody joke!!! What's doing with $345 for the top ticket. Rip off if you ask me. Hopefully there is some great pre game entertainment or something good.

Though in saying this, I will still be buying tickets and going. (sucker hey)

has this turned anyone off, not going etc?

The Broncos have already taken care of this.

I'm pretty sure the seating map isn't even available yet, do you know if it is or not Twiztid?

true about the stuff outside, it's ok but still, it's a massive hike in cost and as you say and I agree, it will alienate a lot of fans I reckon. Will be interesting to see if the seats on Tuesday are more readily available than previous years due to the costs rising and not many people going for them.

I hope Vince Sorrenti doesn't get the pre-match fire-up gig like he did for Origin 3. That was literally the worst thing I have ever seen.

I'm pretty sure the seating map isn't even available yet, do you know if it is or not Twiztid?

true about the stuff outside, it's ok but still, it's a massive hike in cost and as you say and I agree, it will alienate a lot of fans I reckon. Will be interesting to see if the seats on Tuesday are more readily available than previous years due to the costs rising and not many people going for them.

My mother in law does all the buying, she will be at a ticketek outlet Tuesday morning probably 2nd or 3rd in line like every year lol. I assume it is just the same seating guide they use for every final at ANZ and past GF's but with the increased prices. They probably have no reason to change the seating plan, could be wrong though.

I hope Vince Sorrenti doesn't get the pre-match fire-up gig like he did for Origin 3. That was literally the worst thing I have ever seen.
He did one of the Red and Green Balls (Rabbitohs end of season dinner). It was just wog jokes for his whole time he was on stage. Now I am all cool for being proud of your heritage but it does get old quick. Like the 2 sub stars from Fat Pizza that are ok in small amounts but they also get old with the use of ethnic jokes.

I did find it funny at one of the finals last year, these 2 hot chicks start pashing because of kiss cam and they ended it on them. The little one is like come on camera man go back, go back and we are going to do kiss cam again but they moved on. I assume most guys in the crowd did want to see that continue until kick off lol.

Last edited:

He's been doing that for a few years now. It is agonising.

Got the GF tickets yesterday, Gold category and no probs getting them either. I think the cost did turn a few away plus no Broncs (probably) as well.
Anyone else get any, have any problems in getting them, Twiztid?

I've been to the last 2 but I won't be going this year, that's a big jump. Having said that I know how much the scalpers charge for tickets and this may be a reaction from the NRL after seeing what people are prepared to pay.

Active Now

• Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Pablo
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • Broncojim
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Hurrijo
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.