Grand Final

He did that in 03 then they punted him

He's been a great ambassador for the game for a long time now, unfortunately he was another club legend that had a back-ended contract and had to be cut to retain such one-season wonders like Tim Grant.

Agree, but credit to Sharks, they really pressured him and put him on the ground, especially that first half

Cronk barely touched the ball in the first half.

He didn't want a bar of it, was really unlike Cronk who typically forces the play.

At the start of the game they mention the sharks have never lost under Chicken legs. Seven tackle set mess up etc. Yet when the broncos get a 50/50 call they sack the ref. I'm sorry but that doesn't work for me.

Ok so the game was pretty good. But honestly the preferences were clearly towards the sharks. It is in the nrls interest to keep that farce of a club alive.

They've won it now. Rothfield got his wish. Can we finally kick them out?

The subtleties of match fixing extend well beyond referees. All it takes is for players to slip off a ball carrying arm over the line. ;-)

Or a dally m playmaker to have a lackluster performance hehehehe

Last edited:
It used to rub me the wrong way as well, but just about every team 'buys' a premiership these days.

Shane Webcke used an illegal masking agent and won a premiership in a similar time-span. Should we be upset about that?

He used a doctor. (the doctor was quizzed & he said he would use the same drug again, as it save Webcke leg or what ever it was.

Sharks used fuckwits.

Also it was the entire Sharks team. (Granted not all the players who won tonight, but there were a few still playing)

Last edited:
It is in the nrls interest to keep that farce of a club alive.

Its in the NRL's interest to keep every club alive, this nonsense that the NRL needed the sharks to win is laughable as league has survived since 1967 without them winning and would have continued if they lost tonight.

He used a doctor. (the doctor was quizzed & he said he would use the same drug again, as it save Webcke leg or what ever it was.

Sharks used fuckwits.

Sharks poached a couple of mad scientists from Manly. Couldn't even cheat with originality.

Its in the NRL's interest to keep every club alive, this nonsense that the NRL needed the sharks to win is laughable as league has survived since 1967 without them winning and would have continued if they lost tonight.
Not really. If you take the large amount of money invested in the club following its multiple scandals and failures it is beneficial for the nrl and the club to win a premiership. The Broncos don't need that as much. There are certainly a few clubs in similar positions. Watch the knights in say 2-5 seasons. Don't forget this is a results driven business.

let me tell you the refs were shit mostly for both sides . Cronulla lay down every time they.could which i hate. Storm did not deserve to win.

Not really. If you take the large amount of money invested in the club following its multiple scandals and failures it is beneficial for the nrl and the club to win a premiership. The Broncos don't need that as much. There are certainly a few clubs in similar positions. Watch the knights in say 2-5 seasons. Don't forget this is a results driven business.

Lol, ok mate

I feel sick to my stomach that the Broncs are footing part of the bill for this sharks premiership in barba.

Picturing Greenturd walking in to the Storm dressing room pre-game. Stabs Cronk in the side before putting on his strapping.

If Gallen wasn't in the team, I'd have been cheering for them 100%. But it's still hard to swallow how little punishment he got (some of our players probably missed more time through dodgy suspensions), and how much of a stain he is.

Active Now

• Bish
  • LittleDavey
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • sooticus
  • Santa
  • RodF
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • KeithustEndaf
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • bazza
  • Charlesstor
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • Redux
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.