Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

Kaz said:
Donny said:
Is this thread about Greg Ingliss or Billy slater being a good fullback??

Yep

Saves making another threads.

Just start taking about another topic in another thread.
Yes, because Thaiday said so.

LOOOOOOOL!
Thaiday ftw :D

What the **** is going on here?

The way I understand it, they can change the contact.

Say Inglis is on $600,000 per year & the contract is 3 years, he can sign another contract that runs for 5 years.

So that means he is earning $360,00 per year.

Kaz said:

Say Inglis is on $600,000 per year & the contract is 3 years, he can sign another contract that runs for 5 years.

That is what I would call a major pay cut and what the NRL according to Gallop, is not willing to do...

audragon said:
Kaz said:

That is what I would call a major pay cut and what the NRL according to Gallop, is not willing to do...

From my understanding of what Gallop was saying he said that by the Strom paying massive over's for their players they have stopped any other club poaching them by offering them what their real NRL worth would be. Gallop said that it would be unfair now to allow the Storm to pay these players below their NRL worth and keep them when in the past other clubs would have made offers to them which would be worth more then the money they would be on if they took pay cuts.

It would be completely stupid if Melbourne players were able to all take pay cuts to stay with the Storm. Technically they would still have a team worth more then the salary cap!

Personally i would like to see the NRL say, Rite Melbourne you now have to honour the contracts of the big four. They can not take cuts in their salary and what ever ones you choose to keep you have to pay them what they have been getting payed for the past 4 years. So if they choose Slater, Smith & Cronk and each of them have been payed 600k a year then that would be 1.8mil gone out of the cap. This is your punishment now you have to try and establish a NRL team with the remaining 2.4mil. Once their contracts have expired then you may negotiate a lower price to be able to fit them into the cap better and pay them their actually NRL price.

Have Fun Cheats

Apparently the Greg Inglis negotiations are back on and he could sign on monday

Moving this to Broncos talk because some people can't seem to be able to find it in league talk. If it turns out he stays with Melbourne I'll move it back.

He already signed, it all smoke and mirrors. He signed last week, hes playing next year. And the media and footy clubs like to draw shit out for there own amusment.

Woo hoo... go greg go :)

Aeetee said:
He already signed, it all smoke and mirrors. He signed last week, hes playing next year. And the media and footy clubs like to draw shit out for there own amusment.

Woo hoo... go greg go :)

i so hope you right!! _woohoo_ _woohoo_

Lets go Inglis!!!!!!!

Gotta give MASSIVE credit to Andrew Gee and Bruno Cullen for staying firm with the 400k!

I peed a little.

When the whole Storm thing blew up, I said I'd prefer Slater to Inglis because I think he offers much better value in terms of consistent effort and performance. I still believe this, but with Hoffman's form and Hodges' injury troubles, I think Inglis is probably a better fit for the Broncos at the moment.

I just hope it's not a two year stay and then off to somewhere else for him. I want someone who is committed to the club and plans to stick around for the long haul.

schmix said:
When the whole Storm thing blew up, I said I'd prefer Slater to Inglis because I think he offers much better value in terms of consistent effort and performance. I still believe this, but with Hoffman's form and Hodges' injury troubles, I think Inglis is probably a better fit for the Broncos at the moment.

I just hope it's not a two year stay and then off to somewhere else for him. I want someone who is committed to the club and plans to stick around for the long haul.

My thinking is that Lockyer probally only has two more years so me MAY get an upgrade when Lockyer retires......

schmix said:

I agree, schmix.

It will be massive kick in the pants for Hoffman (who's going great guns for us) if we sign Slater. We need Inglis more than Slater as Hodges is always injured and we won't have Folau next year.

Inglis is still pretty young so there's a chance that he won't be a Bronco for life. That is, if he REALLY signed with us.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Allo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Shane Tronc
  • Scdeac
  • ezpz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Robboi_321
  • Financeguy
  • mrtij
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • broncoscope
  • Yellowfella
  • NSW stables
  • kman
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.