Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

Apparently NRL will allow them to take pay cuts, so I don't see why they can't keep them. I really don't think Inglis coming to Broncos is a sure thing, as a matter of fact I would be inclinded to say it's the opposite considering he approached Melbourne to say he would take a pay cut. He's a good player, but I wouldn't care less if we get him. After hitting his misses I really lost any respect I had for him.

Emma said:
If he stays for less, then I can understand your position. If he stays for the same though, I'm still prepared to side with him on this one. I have no doubt his number 1 preference is to stay with the storm. And also, according to every story I've read, it was his manager that knocked the offer back, as have the storm in granting him the release. I haven't seen anything from him saying he said no himself. There's a lot more to this than Inglis simply asking for a release and the storm granting him one. Some of it appears to be totally out of his hands.

True emma, i suppose we dont know who was the person/s who actually kncoked the offer back

tkday said:
Apparently NRL will allow them to take pay cuts, so I don't see why they can't keep them. I really don't think Inglis coming to Broncos is a sure thing, as a matter of fact I would be inclinded to say it's the opposite considering he approached Melbourne to say he would take a pay cut. He's a good player, but I wouldn't care less if we get him. After hitting his misses I really lost any respect I had for him.

NRL chief executive David Gallop says he is willing to work with Melbourne's new management to get the club under the salary cap in 2011, but has ruled out across-the-board pay cuts.

Maybe the big 4 can take pay cuts but the rest can't.

I see, interesting. Then there's really no way those 4 can just take paycuts. They would definitely lose most of their team. We'll see what happens then.

Vossy on the Footy show just said dont believe anything you hear about the Broncos withdrawing their offer to Ingliss. He said he has new news about the Broncos and Ingliss...........

Donny said:
Vossy on the Footy show just said dont believe anything you hear about the Broncos withdrawing their offer to Ingliss. He said he has new news about the Broncos signing Ingliss...........

eusa_think

Foordy said:
Donny said:
Vossy on the Footy show just said dont believe anything you hear about the Broncos withdrawing their offer to Ingliss. He said he has new news about the Broncos and Ingliss...........

eusa_think

I know very interesting

The headline was "Vossy is just another douche who works for channel 9 that makes shit up"

News was he spoke to Cullen and he said the storm rejected there first offer,but if Inglis wanted to come to broncos they would talk to him again

Coxy said:
Slater is the best all round fullback since Lockyer.

While this may be true, Lockyer was as much a fullback as Thurston is a halfback. Lockyer was always destined to be in the halves and only ever played fullback out of neccessity.

Has anyone ever seen Vossy and Aeetee in the same room together?

OXY-351 said:
Coxy said:
Slater is the best all round fullback since Lockyer.

While this may be true, Lockyer was as much a fullback as Thurston is a halfback. Lockyer was always destined to be in the halves and only ever played fullback out of neccessity.

True, he had elements to his game that couldn't be defined as a traditional fullback's role (kicking and playmaking). But he was superb in all the things you do expect from a "Traditional" fullback: support play, fielding and returning kicks, cover defence, adding an extra man to the backline etc.

He changed the way fullbacks are used with his extra strings to his bow.

Same way that Thurston is changing the definition of a halfback these days. But he's only doing that so people can say "I told you so" to me at some point... :P

I like Vossy, but geez, thanks for telling us absolutely nothing about Inglis.

Is this thread about Greg Ingliss or Billy slater being a good fullback??

Donny said:

Yes.

Donny said:

Yep

Saves making another threads.

Just start talking about another topic in another thread.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • westy316
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Tim K
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • PETERN
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Yellowfella
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fatboy
  • Bronco bob
  • heartly87
  • Brocko
  • Dexter
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.