Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

Donny said:
Aeetee said:
ditch the Slater talk in the slater thread...... gregs still coming to brisbane ... All chill.

Do you know something we dont [icon_pray.

or are you talking about the city and not the Broncos [icon_wink

Aeetee seems to think he is coming to Brisbane. But he didnt say the broncos!

Anonymous person said:
i think we'll know where inglis will be playing when we know if his fiancee has taken that job or not.

And that all depends on how well the back of Inglis's hand negotiates ;-)

Oh no he di-int!!!

Coxy said:
Anonymous person said:
i think we'll know where inglis will be playing when we know if his fiancee has taken that job or not.

And that all depends on how well the back of Inglis's hand negotiates ;-)

Oh no he di-int!!!

[icon_lol1.

Coxy said:
I don't jizz my pants whenever I see Slater play like AP does, but even I can see that calling him a "finisher" is a load of shit. Slater is the best all round fullback since Lockyer. Not quite at the level Locky was as fullback, and I doubt anybody ever will, but he's very very good and has some parts of his game Locky couldn't match (Speed mainly, not that Locky was slow).

lolz talk about laughable. Kicking and passing game where art thou?

m1c said:
Coxy said:
I don't jizz my pants whenever I see Slater play like AP does, but even I can see that calling him a "finisher" is a load of shit. Slater is the best all round fullback since Lockyer. Not quite at the level Locky was as fullback, and I doubt anybody ever will, but he's very very good and has some parts of his game Locky couldn't match (Speed mainly, not that Locky was slow).

lolz talk about laughable. Kicking and passing game where art thou?
i mustve missed the part where having a kicking and passing game was part of a fullbacks description [eusa_doh

who would you say is better? let me guess, his name starts with K and hes currently sucking at AFL?

m1c said:
why would you pay 500k for a defensive fullback (slater)?
I know this thread is going down the wrong path, but this had to be responded to.

You think Slater is merely a finisher. And that he's a defensive fullback. Seriously, you need to watch some more games of his mate if you think that's the case. And I'm no great Slater lover (certainly nowhere even near the league of AP!). He might not have the kicking or passing game that Lockyer had at fullback (let's face it, I don't know that anyone ever will again), but a lot of the time he doesn't need to - he creates stuff for himself an awful lot of the time, too often to be called either merely a finisher or a defensive fullback, and a lot of his brilliant plays on kick returns directly set his team up on the next play to score points.

But what fullback in the game has a kicking game? Hayne and Bowen are the only two and they are not exactly great kickers of the ball. Also I have been through this a million times, Slater is a much better passer than people on here credit him for.

2007- 23 Games, 16 Line Break Assists, 15 Try Assists
2008 - 24 Games, 14 Line Break Assists, 14 Try Assists
2009 - 26 Games, 19 Line Break Assists, 19 Try Assists
2010 - 14 Games, 12 Line Break Assists, 7 Try Assists

I know stats are not everything but this right here clearly shows that some people on here no absolutely nothing about football or base their knowledge on Slater on the pass he threw into touch against New Zealand in the WC Final. I implore anyone to argue in anyway against those numbers.

m1c needs to take down the Harmichael poster from his ceiling above his bed.

FMD, can we get back on topic gang?

This debate has already been done like 27 times!

Isn't m1c the same guy who always uses the "you guys know nothing about football" argument when someone disagrees?

I can't stand Slater but you cannot deny he is one of the best players in the game and one of the best fullbacks in a long time if any player is worth 500k Slater is too. Fullback is a KEY position.

broncospwn said:
Isn't m1c the same guy who always uses the "you guys know nothing about football" argument when someone disagrees?
among others.

**cough**jeb and rocky**cough**

ive said it before and ill say it again - i dont think ANY player is worth even remotely near $450k a year with this salary cap. but IF we have players getting paid that much, Slater is definitely one of the few that deserve it 100%, along with Thurston and Lockyer.

If the Broncos want to just say no, you had your chance, they are more retarded up in the office than I thought. Why take the offer off the table so soon. Useless.

Anonymous person said:
Alec said:
[quote="Anonymous person":ovoxxk29]Watmough scores that try in Origin 3 and its game over, NSW win. we all know how that worked out.

Yeah, they scored a try 2 minutes later right under the posts.
yeah, but read what i said.

on the footy show, Thaiday specifically said that Billy Slater holding up Watmough was the turning point for the Maroons. it doesnt matter that they scored 2 minutes later, its the fact that that brilliant tackle made them pull up their socks and made them determined to win.[/quote:ovoxxk29]
Yeah, right.
So because Slater pulled off a try saver, it rallied the maroons not to loose even if they got a try against 2 minutes later... Gotta admire that psychology! [icon_lol1.

Anonymous person said:
broncospwn said:
among others.

**cough**jeb and rocky**cough**

ive said it before and ill say it again - i dont think ANY player is worth even remotely near $450k a year with this salary cap. but IF we have players getting paid that much, Slater is definitely one of the few that deserve it 100%, along with Thurston and Lockyer.
Absolutely, I would glady take Slater at 450k tbh, if ANY player is worth it those 3 are and you could probably throw Smith in there as well, anyone else isn't worth above 400.

audragon said:
Yeah, right.
So because Slater pulled off a try saver, it rallied the maroons not to loose even if they got a try against 2 minutes later... Gotta admire that psychology! [icon_lol1.
ok well you tell Thaiday and the rest of the QLD team that thats not what happened :roll:. im sure theyll be pretty surprised, since thats what they told us...

Nashy said:
If the Broncos want to just say no, you had your chance, they are more retarded up in the office than I thought. Why take the offer off the table so soon. Useless.

Well no they're saying if Inglis really WANTS to come to the club, they'll talk, but they're not going to get in a bidding war for him. And rightly so.

Anonymous person said:
audragon said:
Yeah, right.
ok well you tell Thaiday and the rest of the QLD team that thats not what happened :roll:. im sure theyll be pretty surprised, since thats what they told us...
Well even if it wasn't a turning point everyone who watched that game knows we would not have won that game without Slater, absolute machine performance, not just that tackle either he also scored the winning try a minute later running through 3-4 players and making it look easy.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • Confidor
  • achievedrap
  • Battler
  • mrslong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Pigskin
  • Lostboy
  • Allo
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • broncos4life
  • Dexter
  • Morkel
  • jd87
  • winslow_wong
  • sooticus
  • Lurker
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.