Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

roy_scheider.jpg

RAAAAAWR JAWS!

Greg " Jaws" Inglis - I'm gunna need a bigger boat

It does have a nice ring to it

Apparently "that black c*** Inglis" has a ring too it as well.

Bannermania said:
Apparently "that black c*** Inglis" has a ring too it as well.

more of a hood then the a ring!

Just reading the League Week, Renouf is whining that the Broncos should have broken the bank to get Inglis and paid the 600k a season. He is a bit dumb IMO. With the current size of the Salary Cap no player is worth 600k. I thought 450k was a fair price plus the fact he gets to live with his missus and play for an awesome club.

JT, Locky and Smith are the only players worth that sort of coin in the game today.

Bucking Beads

Renouf is always whinging these days.

m1c said:
JT, Locky and Smith are the only players worth that sort of coin in the game today.

I would have both Slater and Inglis in that group....obviously so did Melbourne...hence the issues they face.

Slater and Inglis are finishers. IMO clubs only cripple their squad if they pay more than 450k for a finisher.

Not saying that they're worth the same coin as Lockyer, JT and Smith, but to say that Inglis and Slater are mere finishers is a complete insult to their skills.

General stereotyping, but I think most would agree you are not getting any value by paying over 400-450k for a centre or winger.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with that, I'm just commenting on you calling them both finishers.

m1c said:
Slater and Inglis are finishers. IMO clubs only cripple their squad if they pay more than 450k for a finisher.

LOL. wow, this has to be one of the worst comments ive ever seen on BHQ

m1c said:
General stereotyping, but I think most would agree you are not getting any value by paying over 400-450k for a centre or winger.
since when was Slater a centre or winger?

having a quality fullback can be the difference between winning and losing. Watmough scores that try in Origin 3 and its game over, NSW win. we all know how that worked out. Thaiday even specifically pointed out that tackle as the turning point for them.

if ANY player is worth 600k, which i dont think any of them are, its Slater.

and like Emma said, calling them finishers is rubbish. Inglis is the one that CREATES opportunities. just because half of them result in him scoring himself doesnt just make him a finisher. iirc, every try Boyd has scored in origins has been off an Inglis linebreak or setup - all 8 or 9 of them. calling him a finisher is like saying Darren Lockyer 'goes alright sometimes'.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • jarro65
  • broncos4life
  • pennywisealfie
  • Sproj
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • LittleDavey
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Big Del
  • Jason Simmons
  • Santa
  • Manofoneway
  • Yellowfella
  • heartly87
  • Allo
  • Tim K
  • Browny
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.