Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

This was online late yesterday.

Broncos pull out of deal for Greg Inglis

Brisbane have pulled out of negotiations for NRL superstar Greg Inglis who is now almost certain to remain with Melbourne.

Inglis' manager Allan Gainey contacted the Broncos' general manager of football operations Andrew Gee today to inform him the offer made to the Queensland and Australian centre earlier in day was not enough to get him to Brisbane.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 107ex.html

Have you missed the previous two pages dedicated to this fact?

LOLZ.

The way they worded it is very interesting though...
"the offer made to the Queensland and Australian centre earlier in day was not enough to get him to Brisbane".

That doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't enough for Inglis, but not enough for the Storm to release Inglis...interesting indeed!

And yes, it was mentioned similarly about 2 pages ago. But LOLZ. I love the conspiracy nature of it!

If I was a betting man I would be putting money on Inglise living at his house in Paddington next year with his missus.

Sorry, I didn't see the post.

Remember the Broncos were out of the running for Hannant. (hope that wasn't posted earlier)

I'd say 2012 he will be playing for the Broncos.

Kaz said:
Sorry, I didn't see the post.

Remember the Broncos were out of the running for Hannant. (hope that wasn't posted earlier)

yes it was [icon_razz1

Thanks

Maybe I should read all the posts. Or maybe not.

Bucking Beads said:
If I was a betting man I would be putting money on Inglise living at his house in Paddington next year with his missus.
its probably a good thing your not, Ive heard theres bad blood there from the way it went down & the Broncos have moved on.

Who really cares now......

I was excited about it but like most people have said Inglis isnt worth risking the young talent we have atm. 5,6,7 years of hard work thrown away to get one player. I dont think so.

Good on the Broncos for not buckling under the pressure. Lets back our young talent and get on with the job!!!!

PS i still would take Inglis if he wanted to come though [icon_wink

what bullshit. The censorship board are such dicks. who cares if Sammy wants to get down with some free chocolate!

pennywisealfie said:
what bullshit. The censorship board are such dicks. who cares if Sammy wants to get down with some free chocolate!

HAHAHA. GENIUS.

But it was a short negotiation, with Brisbane tabling its best offer, thought to be in excess of $400,000, and Inglis' management turning it down.

"As far as we are concerned the door is closed there now," Broncos football operations manager Andrew Gee said.

"We were led to believe Greg had a genuine interest in coming to our club and moving to Brisbane. His management company approached us to let us know that Melbourne had reluctantly agreed to release him if we could do a deal.

"We gave it our best shot, but it apparently wasn't enough, so we will move on. Essentially that's it for us now.

"Our focus was always on tying up our young blokes, which we have done.

"We left the door ajar if a blue-chip player like an Inglis came along. But at the end of the day you want players to come to your club for the right reasons not because you have the most money."

So we have 400k+ spare. What to buy?????

Donny said:
So we know we have 400k spare in the cap. Andrew Gee said they will leave the door open for a "blue chip" player but have secured all our young talent. So who else could we be looking at??

The answer is nobody. Yet. It's basically a way for the Broncos to say "oh, hi player managers. We have $400K to spend next year and beyond on a top quality player...got someone you want to pitch to us?".

Andrew Gee doesnt sound happy. "we were LED to believe". Good choice of words

they should have offered 400k + a boat

Active Now

• Dash
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • pennywisealfie
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • jarro65
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  • Muros
  • Fozz
  • Dexter
  • Waynesaurus
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Big Del
  • Jason Simmons
  • Santa
  • Manofoneway
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.