Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

Coxy said:
I'm certain it's not over yet. My understanding is the Broncos' offer was basically the same as what Folau was going to be on for years 3 and 4, which is around $450K plus incentives.

Broncos still have around that much to play with, and I'm not sure the NRL will be so willing to accept the Storm's reason for refusing the release once the investigation details come out...much of it will centre around what Inglis is on (as well as Slater, Smith and Cronk).

I think another key point is did Inglis knock the offer back or was it the Storm.

Big factor

From reading between the lines Inglis was happy with the offer, the Storm wasn't prepared to release him for that offer.

That's why I think when the investigation results are revealed the NRL may well say "stuff ya Storm" and even deregister the current contract he has and make him renegotiate.

I don't understand how the Storm still need to pay Inglis even if he has asked to be released. Don't they have to pay the difference between the 2 contracts?

exactlly. remember Hannat gate :) just to name one.

Coxy said:
From reading between the lines Inglis was happy with the offer, the Storm wasn't prepared to release him for that offer.

That's why I think when the investigation results are revealed the NRL may well say "stuff ya Storm" and even deregister the current contract he has and make him renegotiate.

If Inglis was happy with the offer then its still a chance. But if Inglis didnt like the deal then i think the chances are pritty low. The article did say the broncos had been talking with Inglis manager for over a month. Funny because the Broncos have only just re-signed Teo, Hoffman, Yow Yeh, Gillet inside that period. Maybe the signed them with the knowledge that Inglis wanted a certain amount and thats what they planned for.

Hopefully it was the Storm who did knock it back!!!!

Think about it people, as if Inglis - who let's all remember made the initial approach to the Broncos - would reject the offer only a couple of hours after it was officially tabled. Especially when Gee and Gainey have been having informal talks for over a month. GI would have know what the offer was before he even asked the Storm for a release and if he wasn't happy with it then he wouldn't have even gone through with the charade of asking for a release and getting a formal offer tabled.

Trust me the Storm are behind Inglis rejecting the offer - their "in principle" release had a number of conditions attached. Basically as others have said - they do not want another club to have him for less than they paid him. There are also certain clubs they particularly don't want to get him. I am not saying that we will eventunally get him - we may indeed lose out in this one, but I also don't believe this is all over yet.

Flutterby said:
Think about it people, as if Inglis - who let's all remember made the initial approach to the Broncos - would reject the offer only a couple of hours after it was officially tabled. Especially when Gee and Gainey have been having informal talks for over a month. GI would have know what the offer was before he even asked the Storm for a release and if he wasn't happy with it then he wouldn't have even gone through with the charade of asking for a release and getting a formal offer tabled.

Trust me the Storm are behind Inglis rejecting the offer - their "in principle" release had a number of conditions attached. Basically as others have said - they do not want another club to have him for less than they paid him. There are also certain clubs they particularly don't want to get him. I am not saying that we will eventunally get him - we may indeed lose out in this one, but I also don't believe this is all over yet.

So, in summary, the Melbourne Storm are being complete arseholes about it?

Wait until after the audit of the Storm is released & table the contract again, Storm will have no bargaining power.

Well nothing has changed then, Storm are A grade arseholes.

Yep.

But also don't hold out too much hope that the NRL are going to stick to the storm completely when the audit report is released. A successful franchise in Melbourne is pretty key to the NRL and they are basically a bunch of pussys.

Lets just hope that the NRL realises that the Broncos are the only reasonable option for Greg in the NRL, and forces Melbourne's hand. If it's the Broncos or Essendon or whatever, the NRL will step in.

I still find it so funny how they feel so hard done by letting a player go? You don't get to keep all your stars - that's the way salary caps work - deal with it - bunch of cheating failures

I just heard that Inglis' manager will be on Monday night Football after the game (on triple M)

Someone tune in and tell us what he says!

broncospwn said:
Someone tune in and tell us what he says!

i have it on ... i hope they have him on early though :D

Oh man! I thought we had Inglis in the bag already. [eusa_doh I was looking forward to seeing him in a Broncos jersey, pwning everyone with Locky.

When will they finish the whole Storm salary cap breach audit?

Audit is finished (though the players refused to cooperate and none of them agreed to be interviewed by the auditors) - report due to be released next week.

What NRL does with the findings and how long they take to do it is anyone's guess

Ghey. I want Inglis now.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • Dexter
  • Allo
  • porouian
  • Confidor
  • jd87
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ostin86
  • Payneinthehaas
  • Howie
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • davidp
  • broncsgoat
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.