Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

Ok there seems to be some conflicting views here.
Was it Inglis who rejected the offer or Storm rejecting the offer because it wasn't "similar" to his current one?
If Storm are the ones who rejected it then we will get Inglis sooner or later but if it was Inglis who rejected it then there is probably no chance we will still sign him.

Aeetee, don't tease us!!! :P
Tells us what your hinting haha.

broncospwn said:
Was it Inglis who rejected the offer or Storm rejecting the offer because it wasn't "similar" to his current one?
If Storm are the ones who rejected it then we will get Inglis sooner or later but if it was Inglis who rejected it then there is probably no chance we will still sign him.

To me, it seems as if Melbourne rejected the offer.

I hope so, fucking tards will have to release him whether they like it or not and not only that, they will have to pay out the difference between his current contract and the Broncos contract whether they like it or not!

Suck shit assholes. God I hate that fucked up club.

ningnangnong said:
broncospwn said:

To me, it seems as if Melbourne rejected the offer.
Yep, can't see Inglis going to the board asking for a "compassionate release" if he wasn't happy with the terms offered... eusa_think

Coxy said:
Hopefully when the results of the investigation are made public and it's clear how deep this rorting went maybe Inglis and the Storm will have a change of heart...

That's what i'm thinking too, and it could really work out better for The Broncos as far as Inglis coming here on a reduced contract 8-)

Well we can live to dream can't we [icon_wink

He could always do a Gordie if you know what i mean......

And give up 500,600k for the year he misses out on???
I guess that means he's super keen to join the club? I hope so!

Give it a few weeks, maybe a few months and Melbourne will be forced to release him so it's not like he would have to anyway.

I hope we don't cave in and pay him whatever he's no at Melbourne at the moment.

Alec said:
I hope we don't cave in and pay him whatever he's no at Melbourne at the moment.

I dont think we could. Dobut we have that much left in the cap!!

Aeetee said:
He could always do a Gordie if you know what i mean......

he'd have to sit out at least 2 years though

Alec said:

I don't even think that is an option, we wouldn't be able to afford that much. We have cap space, but not that much, yet. Like Rocky said, we probably have the option of offering Inglis a pretty standard contract (say around $300k) but then put it in the contract that when Lockyer retires Inglis will get a big upgrade. Because looking through our current squad, you would think only Thaiday would be worthy of a $400k+ contract within the next 4 years or so (and maybe Hodges depending on his injury). Blokes like Hoffman, Glenn, Gillett and Wallace would all be aiming to be on decent cash but I think only Inglis and Thaiday (and again maybe Hodges) would be the only ones likely to be on "marquee" sort contracts.

You would think even with the upgrades to the U20's, and bump in contracts for the others - the loss of Folau plus the marquee allowance next year would have us more than $500k.

Gawd I hope Aeetee is right :\

This really sucks!! In all honesty i cant see him Signing now!! I really hope Ingliss was happy with the deal. Its the only chance we could have really!

How is it the only chance we have? The report into the cheating isn't released yet.

I'm certain it's not over yet. My understanding is the Broncos' offer was basically the same as what Folau was going to be on for years 3 and 4, which is around $450K plus incentives.

Broncos still have around that much to play with, and I'm not sure the NRL will be so willing to accept the Storm's reason for refusing the release once the investigation details come out...much of it will centre around what Inglis is on (as well as Slater, Smith and Cronk).

audragon said:
Donny said:
This really sucks!! In all honesty i cant see him Signing now!! I really hope Ingliss was happy with the deal. Its the only chance we could have really!
Chill dude, like Aeetee says, this is just more of the usual games. Remember Hannant?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26874951-5018866,00.html

Only difference is we have actually made an offer and it has been kncoked back.

Mate I am the first one who wants him at the club but TBH it doesnt look good "at this stage".

Active Now

• theshed
  • Tim K
  • BroncoFan94
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Aldo
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • Gaz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.