Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

There is no way Melbourne can possibly retain ALL of the big 4 but the players keep saying they aren't leaving Melbourne. What gives? And something that's really pissed me off is that because these star players received more than what they would regularly be worth under the salary cap, they will be used to the big paycheck and therefore determined not to lose it. Therefore without making considerable cuts themselves, other teams are going to be stretched (at best) to fit them under the cap. Thanks heaps Melbourne you cheating fucking arseholes.

Hopefully when the results of the investigation are made public and it's clear how deep this rorting went maybe Inglis and the Storm will have a change of heart...

Scotty said:
There is no way Melbourne can possibly retain ALL of the big 4 but the players keep saying they aren't leaving Melbourne. What gives? And something that's really pissed me off is that because these star players received more than what they would regularly be worth under the salary cap, they will be used to the big paycheck and therefore determined not to lose it. Therefore without making considerable cuts themselves, other teams are going to be stretched (at best) to fit them under the cap. Thanks heaps Melbourne you cheating **** arseholes.

Well Melbourne will either be forced to play with four players next year or let one of the three go!!!

Wasn't he going to be released on compassionate grounds? Can someone please explain to me how the contract we offered him is any of Melbournes business? And how the hell they have the right to reject it?

So if we still have ~500k of cap space.. where would people like to see it spent? Upgrading Wallace's contract?

Under NRL rules. They must offload players don't they? They still need to make a top 25.... do big ones need to leave.

Scotty said:
Wasn't he going to be released on compassionate grounds? Can someone please explain to me how the contract we offered him is any of Melbournes business? And how the hell they have the right to reject it?

I think its got something to do with the fact he is contracted with them till the end of 2012. So i believe they have to agree before letting him go.

user_nat said:
So if we still have ~500k of cap space.. where would people like to see it spent? Upgrading Wallace's contract?
Was the upgrading Wallace a joke?? if not your got to get smashed by most people on BHQ.

Well at least we know the Broncos are in the market for a quality centre!!

Scotty said:
Because he is still contracted to the Storm for next year.
Basically they're saying that if someone else wants Inglis, they need to rort the cap too, because they won't allow him to break his contract for any less... F*tards! :evil: [icon_thumbs_do

Donny said:
user_nat said:
Was the upgrading Wallace a joke?? if not your got to get smashed by most people on BHQ.

Well at least we know the Broncos are in the market for a quality centre!!

Like people say, once the full extent of the rort is made public, the Storm will have to concede somewhere. And if not, the NRL should make them!

Not many quality centres available out there. Inglis and Jennings are the only ones I'm aware of... :roll:

audragon said:
Scotty said:
Because he is still contracted to the Storm for next year.
Basically they're saying that if someone else wants Inglis, they need to rort the cap too, because they won't allow him to break his contract for any less... F*tards! :evil: [icon_thumbs_do

I believe David Gallop said that the NRL "WONT" allow the Melbourne Storm to keep the big 4. So when the Sallary cap rorting comes out and we find out how much the cheats actually cheated we will see at least one of them offloaded.

Problem is this, The Strom as a NRL club do not want to give away one of the best players in the Comp to a club for a price well under what they have been paying him. As a club they dont want the best players to leave and bolster another clubs roster cheaply. The way they are probally looking at it is this, they want a club to spend a huge amount of their cap on a player so their roster wont be as strong making Inglis less effective when it comes time for him to play against the storm!!!!

Very dirty tactics but you can see where they are coming from!

meh.. I love the little games that the clubs play with the media to draw a story out for maximum exposure. Wait till round two starts :)

Aeetee said:
meh.. I love the little games that the clubs play with the media to draw a story out for maximum exposure. Wait till round two starts :)

Couriermail headline tomoz "Broncos dirty on Storm"!

So we F***ing should be IMO!!!

Aeetee said:

I don't know if anyone has told you this. But I certainly should have.

You're a bitch. TELL THE STORY! [icon_lol1.

I wouldnt be prepared to say thats the end of it just yet.

Offer was non-negotiable according to Andrew Gee. I cant see this going any further guys. I wish we could have signed him but i cant see it happening now [icon_thumbs_do :evil: [icon_thumbs_do :evil: [icon_thumbs_do :evil:

Na. They won't give up this easy.

My bet is Inglis walking out on the Storm, he will want to be living with his missus. Women who can take a punch a hard to find!!

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fatboy
  • BroncoFan94
  • Justwin
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Tim K
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • Gaz
  • Kev_Guz
  • theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Morkel
  • barker
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.