Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

I think you missed where i said it was 'general stereotyping'... It wasn't as an insult or to describe them as one dimensional but just an easy way to group the style of players they are.

Your 1, 6, 7, 9 are the only players IMO worth anywhere near 500k. Inglis is a centre, until he plays and excels in one of those positions clubs are paying overs if they think hes worth 450k +

It's the Folau argument again... remember the outrage when people thought we signed an outside back for 400k or more? And he is arguably a better CLUB player than Inglis.

Inglis is one of the worst valued players in the game on his current contract (650k).

I agree on Inglis being a worse club player than Folau, unless you can guarantee finals footy (where Inglis comes to life each year for his club) he isn't worth 450k. He is unstoppable in rep games and finals but week in week out he often goes missing. I am glad we didn't get him in that respect.

Anonymous person said:
Watmough scores that try in Origin 3 and its game over, NSW win. we all know how that worked out.

Yeah, they scored a try 2 minutes later right under the posts.

Alec said:
Anonymous person said:
Watmough scores that try in Origin 3 and its game over, NSW win. we all know how that worked out.

Yeah, they scored a try 2 minutes later right under the posts.
yeah, but read what i said.

on the footy show, Thaiday specifically said that Billy Slater holding up Watmough was the turning point for the Maroons. it doesnt matter that they scored 2 minutes later, its the fact that that brilliant tackle made them pull up their socks and made them determined to win.

Doesn't make him worth 600k

m1c said:
I think you missed where i said it was 'general stereotyping'... It wasn't as an insult or to describe them as one dimensional but just an easy way to group the style of players they are.

Your 1, 6, 7, 9 are the only players IMO worth anywhere near 500k. Inglis is a centre, until he plays and excels in one of those positions clubs are paying overs if they think hes worth 450k +
i think you missed where you said this:

m1c said:
Slater and Inglis are finishers. IMO clubs only cripple their squad if they pay more than 450k for a finisher.

so what is it? is Slater, the best number 1 in the game, one of the players in one of the positions worth anywhere near 500k like you said in the above post, or is he a finisher who is not worth over 450k, like you said in your original post?

AP also said that none of them are worth 600k.

Where did M1C say slater is the best number 1 in the game? He said slater was a finisher, which to me indicates that he's not worth the 500k

why would you pay 500k for a defensive fullback (slater)?

Sigh...another thread turned into an argument about Slater.

Slater is the second best fullback in Melbourne, let alone in the game. [icon_razz1

Both your arguments are stupid. I was right in the middle of the fence to be honest and neither of you have changed my mind. I do agree with AP though, with current salary caps no player is worth 600k.

In all seriousness though, for a fullback to be worth that 500k + they need to possess ball playing ability and a kicking game. Creators are the only players worth that kind of money.

ditch the Slater talk in the slater thread...... gregs still coming to brisbane ... All chill.

tkday said:
Where did M1C say slater is the best number 1 in the game? He said slater was a finisher, which to me indicates that he's not worth the 500k
sigh....

first he said this:

"Slater and Inglis are finishers. IMO clubs only cripple their squad if they pay more than 450k for a finisher."

then he said this:

"Your 1, 6, 7, 9 are the only players IMO worth anywhere near 500k."

so he says slater is a finisher, and that hes not worth more than 450k. then he says that a teams FULLBACK is one of the only positions worth anywhere near 500k.

see the inconsistencies?

thats not even taking into account the fact that Slater is far more than just a finisher.

Aeetee said:
ditch the Slater talk in the slater thread...... gregs still coming to brisbane ... All chill.

Do you know something we dont [icon_pray.

or are you talking about the city and not the Broncos [icon_wink

I don't jizz my pants whenever I see Slater play like AP does, but even I can see that calling him a "finisher" is a load of shit. Slater is the best all round fullback since Lockyer. Not quite at the level Locky was as fullback, and I doubt anybody ever will, but he's very very good and has some parts of his game Locky couldn't match (Speed mainly, not that Locky was slow).

i think we'll know where inglis will be playing when we know if his fiancee has taken that job or not.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • achievedrap
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • Dexter
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • Confidor
  • Pigskin
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • marw
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • mrslong
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.