Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

KrispyKris said:
schmix said:
When the whole Storm thing blew up, I said I'd prefer Slater to Inglis because I think he offers much better value in terms of consistent effort and performance. I still believe this, but with Hoffman's form and Hodges' injury troubles, I think Inglis is probably a better fit for the Broncos at the moment.

I just hope it's not a two year stay and then off to somewhere else for him. I want someone who is committed to the club and plans to stick around for the long haul.

I agree, schmix.

It will be massive kick in the pants for Hoffman (who's going great guns for us) if we sign Slater. We need Inglis more than Slater as Hodges is always injured and we won't have Folau next year.

Inglis is still pretty young so there's a chance that he won't be a Bronco for life. That is, if he REALLY signed with us.

The way Hoffman is playing im 100% sure the Broncos would sign Ingliss before Slater. We have an awsome Fullback and we are missing a centre next year. Its not rocket science. If we do sign somebody from ther Storm its Ingliss

Why only 2 years??

broncospwn said:
Why only 2 years??

Like i said its two years and then theres the increase in the cap and it probally Lockyers last year. Broncos could have more money to throw at him after 2 years. I might be wrong but thats what i reckon anyway

But then it's the Folau situation all over again! The media shit storm about his signing will be going full force in no time once he's in his second year.

It's 2 years because the TV rights will then be renegotiated and we all know how much Inglis likes his money... and boats. :roll: [icon_lol1.

broncospwn said:
But then it's the Folau situation all over again! The media shit storm about his signing will be going full force in no time once he's in his second year.

Yer i know. I would of rathered four years but maybe they have told him he would be in for an increase if the Salary cap goes up. (Though he hasnt even signed with us yet). I am guessing with the departure of Lockyer the Broncos will have a fair bit of room under the cap. Thats if 2012 is Lockyers last year [icon_wink

Ahhh... my bad guys...

Should make sure it is an option in our favour after the first 2 yrs then, but will believe this definately when we see it and GI has a Broncos jersey on shaking Henjak's hand

audragon said:
It's 2 years because the TV rights will then be renegotiated and we all know how much Inglis likes his money... and boats. :roll: [icon_lol1.

most players are only signing deals until the end of 2012 ATM, because of specualtion of a big cap increase when the new TV rights deal comes in for the 2013 season.

I am very happy that we stood firm on the initial offer ... if it comes off good work to all involved

broncospwn said:
Why only 2 years??

So he can take Hodges money once Hodges retires in 2012.

He didn't ask for 2 years, thats what Brisbane offered him. 1 year to show us what hes got, the 2nd year to see if he can be consistant.

Aeetee said:
He didn't ask for 2 years, thats what Brisbane offered him. 1 year to show us what hes got, the 2nd year to see if he can be consistant.
:shock:
I'm pretty sure anyone who knows anything about RL knows what Inglis's got... [icon_lol1.
I am curious about his consistency too, but even when he's not switched on, he's a threat.

sarcasm fail?

Been out all day and have only just heard the news.

Holy crap!!! :mrgreen:

We will use GI a lote more then Melbourne did. They seemed to just through him the ball and hope for the best. I think our backline attack is a lot more constructed and GI will find himself in a lot more two on two and two on one situations in attack at the Broncos

Donny said:
We will use GI a lote more then Melbourne did. They seemed to just through him the ball and hope for the best. I think our backline attack is a lot more constructed and GI will find himself in a lot more two on two and two on one situations in attack at the Broncos

+1

jeremydt said:
Donny said:

+1

Lol nice photo. Is that Hodges body??

Donny said:

While i agree we will possibly use him more than the storm, we really dont use our backline a great deal either. Folau and hodges (in the past) rely on their size and usually get the ball on a jog or a standing start. Would be good to see some more fluid backline movements where we get backs 1 on 1 against the opposition, but its not happening nearly as much as it should right now. Last night was better however

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Shane Tronc
  • Scdeac
  • ezpz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • Harry Sack
  • Robboi_321
  • Financeguy
  • mrtij
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • broncoscope
  • Yellowfella
  • NSW stables
  • kman
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.