Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

Donny said:
How the Broncos snared Greg Ingis:
Full story in the Sunday Mail print edition

Thats a direct quote from the couriermail. Sounds like a deal is almost complete icon_thumbs_u

I hope not, I wanted us to sign Inglis not Ingis.

Ingis is shit.

ningnangnong said:
Donny said:
How the Broncos snared Greg Ingis:
Full story in the Sunday Mail print edition

Thats a direct quote from the couriermail. Sounds like a deal is almost complete icon_thumbs_u

I hope not, I wanted us to sign Inglis not Ingis.

Ingis is shit.

Lol i didnt notice that. Thats a direct quote so they made the mistake i swear :oops:

THE Broncos' powerful sponsorship stable is set to deliver Storm sensation Greg Inglis to Brisbane on a $650,000-a-season deal

Wow..

1279392760.jpg

When you click it, it's not in the article though.

Also don't like this:

THE Broncos are facing an enormous battle to retain Sam Thaiday with North Queensland expressing their interest in the Test back-rower after star forward Luke O'Donnell yesterday officially quit the Cowboys.

The Cowboys have hit the player market hard in recent weeks, securing Brent Tate and Brisbane winger Antonio Winterstein as coach Neil Henry looks to reignite the club as a premiership force.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5893267052

Yer i posted that article about thaiday in the signing thread. So we have gone from $400k a year to $650K?? Im happy if only $400k comes out of the salary cap!!!!

The article opens now.
It's BS headline spin.

It's still 400k but Gainey/Inglis will get third party deals(not included in the cap) and get him to earn about 650k a season(speculation obviously) not sure if he's going to get a boat with it.

Recruitment can hold their head high if they managed to snare him on 400k.

Smart business, we'll get a lot of value out of this deal.

broncospwn said:
The article opens now.
It's BS headline spin.

It's still 400k but Gainey/Inglis will get third party deals(not included in the cap) and get him to earn about 650k a season(speculation obviously) not sure if he's going to get a boat with it.

Dont know about a boat but the article did say the Broncos offer came with a car [icon_lol1.

I would prefer to keep Thaiday over getting Inglis by a long way.

Scotty said:
I would prefer to keep Thaiday over getting Inglis by a long way.

Same. Even if Inglis wanted to come for 400K, I'd rather keep Thaiday. But 650, FMD. That kind of money is too much for even the more important positions like halves/hooker. But a centre? Wow. **** that.

The Broncos will not budge on their initial offer, believed to be $400,000 a season plus a car.

But if the centre agrees to terms, his manager Gainey will be able to top up the Inglis brand by selling to an array of Brisbane companies.

Gainey told The Sunday Mail he had yet to strike a deal with Brisbane but was hopeful of a deal this week.

"Something could happen next week," he said.

"The door still could be open. There has been some talk of Greg going to the Broncos but nothing has been concluded.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5893394174

this quote is from lower in the article, the opening paragraph is misleading. judging from this quote, it seems that GI's manager is going to do things similar to Lockyer and Thurston and get GI personal sponsors that don't have to be included in the cap (obviously by following cap rules) the fact is that it would be easier for GI to get these sponsors in Brisbane to Melbourne because of his profile rules. unless the rules have changed the the only restrictions on GI's manager to get these endorsements that don't need to be included in the cap are:

1. It can't be a club sponsor
2. GI couldn't wear Broncos merchandise in any advert
3. the endorsement can't be contingent on Inglis playing for the Broncos
4. the club can't guarantee that Inglis receive money from his personal sponsors (although i think that this may have recently changed, and it is now allowed)

Geez i never realised Sammy T could be a casualty in all this Inglis drama ?!?

Let's hope we fit them both into our longterm plans, i don't wanna see Sammy leave and go play for the Cowgirls [icon_non [icon_thumbs_do

On another note, i'm very impressed with the way the Broncos, in particular Andrew Gee have handled this whole Inglis transfer deal ...... very good work guys icon_thumbs_u

Saying we could lose Thaiday is just a way of seeling a few papers IMO. We'd have more chance of signing Slater than losing Thaiday IMO.

Bucking Beads said:
Saying we could lose Thaiday is just a way of seeling a few papers IMO. We'd have more chance of signing Slater than losing Thaiday IMO.
Exactly, they had some qoutes from teams CEO'S but all they were saying was he is worth $400,000 and that they like any club would love too have him. The only qoute from Thaiday was: ''I want to stay with the Broncos''.

He didn't say that in those exact words but that was bassically what he was saying!

Anyway Locky retires end of 2011 so Thaiday can take some of his money. Or if Locky does go around again in 2012 im sure he will take a pay cut in his final year if it meens keeping SAMMY BOY!

At this stage im far from crapping my pants and I think Thaiday will stay for sure. He loves the Broncos more than anyone infact he is up there with guys like Lockyear, Carrol, Webcke and Tallis for love of the club and also Karmichael Hunt until he ditched :cry:

Saying Thaiday would be a casualty of Inglis coming is a crock. Thaiday being an awesome player worth a shitload is the only reason he would have to leave.

ps. I don't understand how more players can't market themselves to earn some 3rd party stuff. Every other sport in the world esp. in america seems to do it, why can't the NRL?

Je$ter said:
Saying Thaiday would be a casualty of Inglis coming is a crock. Thaiday being an awesome player worth a shitload is the only reason he would have to leave.

ps. I don't understand how more players can't market themselves to earn some 3rd party stuff. Every other sport in the world esp. in america seems to do it, why can't the NRL?

NRL managers are lazy thats why. it falls to the player managers to do it because under the rules clubs can't help players get endorsements (unless they changed that rule with the relaxing of the 3rd party rules), but there is NOTHING from stopping player managers getting their players these endorsements

the potential Inglis signing has everyone once again calling us salary cap cheats :roll: it is something i have gotten used to though [icon_non

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • Mighty Bronx
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Pablo
  • Stix
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.