Greg Inglis signing thread.

Certainly hope we hear he is officially a bronco soon, Lets not forget the player we are trying to buy...it's not a steve michaels...GI is a freakish talent, the likes of what none of us have seen. How do you put a worth on that? If we lose a couple of potential gun kids in the process, where is the problem GI is not just probably gunna be good...he is probably gunna be considered one of the best ever. Many of you complained about us paying plenty for Izzy, let's not go down that embarrassing track again?

Foordy said:
a quote from Hancock on the rleague granstand forum he usually seems on the money

"The actual offer hasn't increased the player allowance has. We're only talking 40 odd grand."

Yep.

Just hours before a deadline given to rival club Brisbane was due to expire on Monday, with Inglis on the cusp of staying put, the Broncos finally moved on their stubborn "final offer".

Brisbane's revised pitch included a $40,000-a-year top-up to be fitted under the Marquee Player Allowance - at odds with the Broncos' public stance they were not prepared to budge on their "final offer" to the star.

And this relatively small sum could yet prove the tipping point in Inglis joining the Broncos bunker.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5903150118

It's interesting reading everyone's opinions because I think they all have valid points. But as some of you have said, we have no idea how much money Broncos have spare next year, especially the marquee player allowance. My only concern is that they make him work for the money. Challenge him to cut back on his take-out and stop being so damn lazy on the field. That kind of player should be involved a lot in every game.

It was reported that Jennings and Hayne got $500K+ on their current deals, IMO GI destroys both those guys.

Folau is gone and question marks over Hodges so why not go hard for GI.

If Jenning's got 500k+ a year that is a joke and lol on the panthers. Hayne on his day is very good, but for a player to be payed what he gets I'd want him to play well 95% of the time instead of the two games this season.

I agree Inglis is worth more then both of them but IMO both Jennings and Hayne are on massive overs so doesnt mean we should spend more the 500k+ to get Inglis just becuase he is better then both of them and thats what they are earning.

Donny said:
If Jenning's got 500k+ a year that is a joke and lol on the panthers. Hayne on his day is very good, but for a player to be payed what he gets I'd want him to play well 95% of the time instead of the two games this season.

I agree Inglis is worth more then both of them but IMO both Jennings and Hayne are on massive overs so doesnt mean we should spend more the 500k+ to get Inglis just becuase he is better then both of them and thats what they are earning.

Fair call just wanted to flag comparable backs on similar reported money.

GI is a superstar and gamebreaker.

tkday said:
Half of the year :P

^^^ This is my only concern with forking out big bucks for him. Will he consistently perform at club level? Or will he only fire up at the business end of the season and Origin?

Coxy said:
tkday said:

^^^ This is my only concern with forking out big bucks for him. Will he consistently perform at club level? Or will he only fire up at the business end of the season and Origin?
if he can at least play half the season hes doing better than our other big dollar big name centre.

Anonymous person said:
Coxy said:
tkday said:

if he can at least play half the season hes doing better than our other big dollar big name centre.

Folau? Seems to be going ok this year eusa_think

[icon_razz1

Nashy said:
Hodges is fkn hopless.

[eusa_eh Sometimes you make some outlandishly over the top statements.

I'm one of Hodgo's biggest critics here, but hopeless? No. He's capable of being very very good. Unfortunately he doesn't show it enough (and I don't just mean injuries, that's not entirely his fault!).

But that's also my concern with having him and Inglis as our centre pairing. Both very capable of doing SFA in a game.

Bannermania said:
Hodges is fairly shit though.. most can see that.

No doubt. But hopeless implies completely, and utterly shit without any potential for doing anything right.

That's more a description of Michaels...how's that going by the way? LOLZ

Are you fucking serious? Hodges is fairly shit???????????

If it wasnt for Hodges we would have only won 5 premierships instead of 6. Hodges can have brain explosions on the field but **** me, to say he is fairly shit is just a plane old load of crap. Like Coxy said, Hodges has had injuries which he cant help, the brain explosions are annoying to say the least but nobody can say the Broncos are worse off when Hodges is on the field. He plays with his heart on his sleeve every game.

He is a great player. Its just a pitty he has been injured so much and suspended. Could of been the difference between being great and being one of the best of all time.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • HarryAllan7
  • Galah
  • cento
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mitch222
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.