Greg Inglis signing thread.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Bannermania said:
Scored two tries a week ago. Seems fine to me. lol. f*ck.

That'll be Cartwright's view too. "He's played 3 games, we've won all 3...ergo, he will forever be first player picked".

And Donny. NO NO NO NO NO. He's NOT a great player. He is a player who is capable of playing a great game, sometimes a string of great games, but he's not a great player!

Great player. Star. Champion. Terms used FAR FAR FAR too loosely.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Coxy said:
Bannermania said:

That'll be Cartwright's view too. "He's played 3 games, we've won all 3...ergo, he will forever be first player picked".

And Donny. NO NO NO NO NO. He's NOT a great player. He is a player who is capable of playing a great game, sometimes a string of great games, but he's not a great player!

06, 07?? You wouldnt call him great in them years??

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Shit. can never use that term enough for Hodges.

He's getting old, he's f*cking slow, he won't be able to use his step anymore, let him go..

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
2 seasons does not make a player great. A great excels consistently for many seasons at all levels.

The only current greats in the NRL are Lockyer, Thurston, Smith, Prince, Civoniceva and Kimmorley (a declining great).

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Donny said:
Coxy said:
Bannermania said:

06, 07?? You wouldnt call him great in them years??

Michael Jennings has had two good years, would you call him a great? What about Bryce Goodwin? or the Morris Brothers, by your logic, anyone who has had two good seasons is an elite player worth of praise they don't deserve

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
[icon_lol1. Are you guys having a joke? Hodges = average? Kimmorley = great?

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Big Pete said:
[icon_lol1. Are you guys having a joke? Hodges = average? Kimmorley = great?

Coxy has an AGENDA against Hodges. :P

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Coxy said:
and Kimmorley (a declining great).
so youre saying Kimmorley is rubbish?

thats what 'decline' means around here, remember? [icon_lol1.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Coxy said:
2 seasons does not make a player great. A great excels consistently for many seasons at all levels.

The only current greats in the NRL are Lockyer, Thurston, Smith, Prince, Civoniceva and Kimmorley (a declining great).

08,09 were average season but he was still very good. I would argue that injuries have played more of a role in deciding how good he was rather then his actuall skill level. Most of the players you have mentioned have been able to play long periods of time. Sure Lockyer and Prince have has some injuries but nothing compared to what Hodges has had to deal with. TBH if Kimmorley is a great player then so is Hodges

Im not saying for one minute that he will be or is as good as Lockyer but i still put him in the great catergory. Especially after the 06 and 07 seasons. He is only 27n isnt he? Still has 6 more years of footy left if his body holds up.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Kimmorley is a great for sure. Kept Johns out of rep jerseys numerous times.

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
..I'd be happy saying that Kimmorley has been one of the best players in the league over the last 12 years.

Donny: Hodges body WON'T hold up, can you not see this? He's suffered what, two or three serious injuries during his career? Nobody comes back half as good after as many injuries as this guy has had.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Bannermania said:
..I'd be happy saying that Kimmorley has been one of the best players in the league over the last 12 years.

Donny: Hodges body WON'T hold up, can you not see this? He's suffered what, two or three serious injuries during his career? Nobody comes back half as good after as many injuries as this guy has had.

Titans are shit :P

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Donny said:
He is only 27n isnt he? Still has 6 more years of footy left if his body holds up.
wait wait wait......... are you saying that Hodges still has 6 more years of footy left in him?

[icon_lol1.

3 at the VERY most. ill be surprised if he even plays for 3. then its off to england with the rest of the has-beens.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Anonymous person said:
Donny said:
He is only 27n isnt he? Still has 6 more years of footy left if his body holds up.
wait wait wait......... are you saying that Hodges still has 6 more years of footy left in him?

[icon_lol1.

3 at the VERY most. ill be surprised if he even plays for 3. then its off to england with the rest of the has-beens.

So what do you think he will be doing in England? Playing Soccer? I'd say he would be playing Rugby League!

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Donny said:
Anonymous person said:
Donny said:

[icon_lol1.

So what do you think he will be doing in England? Playing Soccer? I'd say he would be playing Rugby League!

Yeah until his ACL explodes again.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  • Bish
  • pennywisealfie
  • BroncoFan94
  • Scdeac
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tim K
  • Wolfie
  • lynx000
  • Cavalo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • scobie
  • Brotherdu
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • TimWhatley
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.