Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

Well he finally got rid of Steve Michaels, so could be times for you guys.

The advantage for us also is that Inglis wants to move here to be with his fiance, so talks of a downgraded contract to his Storm deal seem likely.

I'd much rather he want to come here than have to

Can the Titans get him ??? Have they got the cash ??

OK so I would say that that article a few posts above is what will come out in the Tele. So I don't think we will here much until Inglis signs on the dotted line if he does.

Also this might be getting a little too excited too soon! But if Inglis does sign get rid of Folau on the home page/banner at the top

and have Lockyear, Hodges, Wallace, Inglis and add in Thaiday :p ;)

Huge. said:
Can the Titans get him ??? Have they got the cash ??

I highly doubt it considering a $60,000 bet was place on them rorting the salary cap about a month ago. Not to mention the club is in a shit fight with about 248793 contractors regarding payments.

broncos777 said:
Also this might be getting a little too excited too soon! But if Inglis does sign get rid of Folau on the home page/banner at the top

and have Lockyear, Hodges, Wallace, Inglis and add in Thaiday :p ;)

Parker is deserving of it more.

TripleM_NRL BREAKING: inglis' manager tells MMM: 'Broncos likely to offer contract next wk. Melb would release him at seasons end' #nrl

nopatience101 said:
TripleM_NRL BREAKING: inglis' manager tells MMM: 'Broncos likely to offer contract next wk. Melb would release him at seasons end' #nrl

Where is that??

Very interesting news, Inglis would be a great signing. I think we would see the best of him in the centres at the Broncos because we are so much more willing to use our centres.

The Broncos are yet to fill the void of Folau and it has been suggested Queensland State of Origin and Brisbane trainer Allan Langer spoke with Inglis about moving to the Broncos during the recent series.

Broncos CEO Bruno Cullen confirmed the club's interest in Inglis, but said they didn't have an open cheque book.

"Are we interested? Yes," Cullen said.

"Are we interested in the current numbers that he's on down in Melbourne? No."

Cullen said the club's priority was to retain promising talent.

Both from that article and both promising signs of not just us getting Inglis but the fact Bruno wants to do things the right way.

IMO Ingliss is the perfect replacement for Folau. Folau IMO is more consistant at club level but on his day Ingliss is unstoppable and is so dangarous. I can see Ingliss seriously carving at the broncos. The Broncos tend to use our centres a shit load in attack!!

The other big plus is Ingliss plays left centre so Hodges can play right centre.

some of the comments from the Broncos haters at the bottom of that article:
Call it as I see it of Canberra Posted at 7:32 AM Today

as per ususal Inglis do whatever gets him the most money. he is a fraud within our game, a great play, but a weak man.

bulldog Bob Posted at 8:03 AM Today

Dont be surprised the broncos will be playing for no points next year if inglis goes there , hey lockyer what have you got to say about this

KO of Sydney Posted at 8:08 AM Today

Hmmm be interested to find out what company has suddenly found an opening for Ms Robinson and if it is in anyway connected to the Broncos. If it is, does this complicate the salary cap? It would be interesting if her new salary was way above her peers doing the same job as hers. Perhaps the Broncos have found a loop hole.

What the of Werro Posted at 9:16 AM Today

Not sure how the Broncos can afford this bloke, Lockyer, Thaiday, Hanant, Parker, Wallace, Hodges all attract big payments. Guess the salary cap auditor will be camped on their door if he is doing his job properly..

:roll: [icon_thumbs_do [icon_non 8-) [icon_non [icon_thumbs_do

Foordy said:
some of the comments from the Broncos haters at the bottom of that article:
Not sure how the Broncos can afford this bloke, Lockyer, Thaiday, Hanant, Parker, Wallace, Hodges all attract big payments. Guess the salary cap auditor will be camped on their door if he is doing his job properly..

:roll: [icon_thumbs_do [icon_non 8-) [icon_non [icon_thumbs_do
\

Panthers - Waterhouse, Lewis, Civo, Pritchard, Jennings, Coote
Dragons - Boyd, Morris, Gasnier, Weyman, Cooper, Smith, Young, Soward
Eels - Hayne, Mortimer, Inu, Poore, Moi Moi, Hindmarsh
Ect

you can say the same about most teams except Knights and Sharks

From TripleM_NRL on Twitter:

BREAKING: inglis' manager tells MMM: 'Broncos likely to offer contract next wk. Melb would release him at seasons end' #nrl

I think people have the right to ask the question just like people here do of other teams when they sign big names. We have some very big names at the club and it is even surprising to me how we fit them all in by bringing Inglis in as well.

The Brizz said:
I think people have the right to ask the question just like people here do of other teams when they sign big names. We have some very big names at the club and it is even surprising to me how we fit them all in by bringing Inglis in as well.
Yes, but a huge chunk of salary is currently leaving the club in Izzy, and we are reportedly one of the 3 clubs currently well under the salary cap.
Although we do have a few stars that must account for a fair chunk of it, most of the other contracted players at the club are youngsters who must be on humble* salaries... [icon_shru

* $55K to $80K

The Brizz said:

We have let go Michaels plus Folau is leaving. The Broncos are unlikely to re-sign Sims and i am guessing that Setu is leaving. The Broncos do have a few higher profile players but we also have a number of younger guys who wouldnt be on much cash atm. Plus the increase in the Salary cap has hopefully given the Broncos that little bit extra that may be required to get Ingliss!

I wonder what type of deal the Broncos would be offering? You think we have learnt our lesson after Folau and there will be no more get out clauses for higher profile players!!!

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.