Greg Inglis signing thread.

Re: Greg Inglis walks away from...

broncospwn said:
You reckon?
Why would he approach us if he wants to stay in Melbourne. If that was the case he would stay there until all hope is lost and he gets told righto, you gotta go, then he would make an approach.

I think he definitely wants to come down.

I am with Broncospwn on this one though i think Melbourne is bellow brisbane so i think he wants to come UP not down.

I think that he wants up for a couple of reasons. His soon to be wife has a job in Brisbane, His family will be near by and he has mates at Brisbane (i am sure he has plenty of mates at the Storm aswell). Remember as soon as he heard that Folau might be leaving the Broncos he rang Hodges to see if there would be a chance he could move to Brisbane. Maybe he is not happy with Melbourne for some reason who knwos.

All i know is that the Broncos made him an offer, Inglis and his manager said no to that offer and the Broncos said fine the deal is off. Then Inglis and his manager come back to the Broncos wanting to re-open negotiations four days later (this is all specualtion though). TBH Inglis might be looking at the playing roster of Melbourne and the broncos next year and thought if all four of us stay with melbourne we dont have much chance of winning shit all. If i go to the Broncos we will have a very good side and that will allow the Storm to have a very good side.

I have no dobut that if one of the big four has to go it will be Inglis. He might know this and might just be trying to get out before he is told to get out.

I think/hope he want to be a Bronco, i have a fealing its Melbourne who are holding him back!!

I'd rather Cooper Cronk

I often wondered if the Bronc's had any sort of input 3rd or 4th party to lure Greg's fiancee up here in the first place - surely they'd have pretty much all the events/promotional companies hooked up somewhere.

He.. if it fails... we could always shuffle around and use Kemp.

Lolz Kemp sucks.

You evil person Nashy! Take that back. If another team was trying to grab Inglis and we had no chance, I think we would be saying that they shouldn't waive the extra that Melbourne have to pay. Hope that makes sense.

Donny said:
I think that he wants up for a couple of reasons. His soon to be wife has a job in Brisbane, His family will be near by and he has mates at Brisbane (i am sure he has plenty of mates at the Storm aswell). Remember as soon as he heard that Folau might be leaving the Broncos he rang Hodges to see if there would be a chance he could move to Brisbane. Maybe he is not happy with Melbourne for some reason who knwos.

Or maybe he started to panic thinking the NRL would say his contract is null & void & wanted to get as much money as he could before the audit was released. :P eusa_think

Maybe it is all ( the Inglis thing ) a calculated smokescreen to deflect attention from the Storm.

Big name player moving to another high profile club...
The papers love it and so do the forums.
We have already adopted him.

When will they throw in the steak knives and inform us that we can pay him off in 3 installments?
Are we being very gullible on this?

As Jo would say... " Are the chooks being fed? "
For our punctuation deprived readers please note the above sentence!
Back to Angles ( sorry Inglis ).
What better tactic than to bring another former cap rorter into the equation?
Hey, it has sold copy!

Inglis is a basic human who is equally capable of making dumb decisions as he is of being manipulated.
This is the thing with footy players.
They are alright until they are interviewed or are asked for their opinion.

The game is still a chook raffle.

What price Gallop is gone within a month or two?
That is surely the surest bet.

NB
For the conspiracy theorists and to clarify my position, I believe the dingo was involved in a transporting style role, but I think the indigenous locals could shed a fair whack of light on the subject as well.
Maybe they panicked.

this is killing me i hope melb release him soon

Prob more waffle. But still positive waffle:

In a key development, it is understood the Broncos and Inglis's manager Allan Gainey have struck an agreement-in-principle for the Test superstar to join the six-time premiers in 2011.

It is believed Inglis's fate now rests with a deal being accepted by the NRL.

The Storm's willingness to do so would hinge on whether the NRL allow such top-up payments to fall under their second-tier cap.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5894757746

And some more incentives for him. Include NQ and goldy though [icon_frown :

GOLD COAST are set to rejoin the race for Greg Inglis following revelations that a third-party deal being used to lure the Test centre to the Broncos was also available to other Queensland-based NRL teams.

The deal, which is being organised by the Queensland FOGs (Former Origin Greats), is understood to be an ambassador-type role for one of the organisation's indigenous education programs and on top of a $400,000-a-season offer that has Inglis considering moving from Melbourne to Brisbane. But FOGs executive chairman Gene Miles said yesterday the third-party arrangement was not dependent on Inglis joining the Broncos and said it would still be available if he signed with the Titans or Cowboys.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 10jj1.html

So the cash is definitely there now. The ball is now in the Storms and NRLs court.

Maybe the Titans could offer him a House [icon_wink

I think its a bit of wishful thinking on the titans behalf!

The Broncos have Lockyer, Hodges, Thaiday, Hannant next year who have all played Origin with Inglis. Inglis rang Hodges and asked if their would be room for him at the Broncos. Playing with Darren Lockyer was also sighted as a reason to come to the Broncos. His GF will have a job lined up in bris-vegas. Plus his manager basically said its Brisbane or Melbourne. Nowhere else.

Not to mention the oppurtunity to play infornt of biggest crowds, at the best stadium in the world for one of the most supported successful clubs in the NRL. Really tough choice!

The only player Inglis would of played with at the Titans is Harrison. Not to mention the fact you would be scared you pay check would be used to pay off the huge debit's instead of finding its way into your pocket.

Cowboys have just gone and spent a a fair bit on their backline with Tate and Winterstein. Cant see them wanting to spend that type of money on another back when they also have Bowen, Thurston and Tonga. I think they will be in the market for a high profile foward not a back.

Im not concerned about the cowboys or titans. Its whether or not Melbourne will release him.....

Emma said:
I also have no doubt his first preference is to stay in Melbourne. But he's obviously being smart about it and knows that he could be the one to get tapped on the shoulder and be told that he has to leave, so he's making sure he's got options. If he has to leave, Brisbane is clearly his first choice, hence why he would have approached us.

Agreed and also about the poster saying GI probably knows he's the one to let go out of the four. Mainly because"

1) Cronk - A 'play maker' who they can make game plans for. (Storm ATM very reliant on Cronk + Smith)
2) Slater - Pretty much the best FB in the game. Playing purple patch football and could probably produce another 3 'class' seasons. Premium player in the comp ATM. Dangerous.
3) Smith - Although one would like to in theory let Smith go and keep GI - the damage would be too big for the team. Storm have basically formulated a style that relies HEAVILY on the 'three' rather than the 'four' to be honest. GI is more of a random game breaker who usually slumbers along the season.

Overall - they just cannot dump Cronk or Smith which means its Slater or GI and although I personally like GI, Slater is miles ahead as a complete football player.

Professor47 said:
Emma said:
I also have no doubt his first preference is to stay in Melbourne. But he's obviously being smart about it and knows that he could be the one to get tapped on the shoulder and be told that he has to leave, so he's making sure he's got options. If he has to leave, Brisbane is clearly his first choice, hence why he would have approached us.

Agreed and also about the poster saying GI probably knows he's the one to let go out of the four. Mainly because"

1) Cronk - A 'play maker' who they can make game plans for. (Storm ATM very reliant on Cronk + Smith)
2) Slater - Pretty much the best FB in the game. Playing purple patch football and could probably produce another 3 'class' seasons. Premium player in the comp ATM. Dangerous.
3) Smith - Although one would like to in theory let Smith go and keep GI - the damage would be too big for the team. Storm have basically formulated a style that relies HEAVILY on the 'three' rather than the 'four' to be honest. GI is more of a random game breaker who usually slumbers along the season.

Overall - they just cannot dump Cronk or Smith which means its Slater or GI and although I personally like GI, Slater is miles ahead as a complete football player.

Mate I'd go as far as to say that Smith is the most important player in the Storm team. He would be last to leave IMO

Donny said:
Professor47 said:
Emma said:

Mate I'd go as far as to say that Smith is the most important player in the Storm team. He would be last to leave IMO

I agree Smith is the most important player in the team everything they do revolves around him.

Foordy said:
Donny said:
Professor47 said:
Emma said:

I agree Smith is the most important player in the team everything they do revolves around him.

Smith doesn't have a boat though, so who's gonna take the team on fishing trips?

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • BroncsNBundy
  • MrMoore
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • mieko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.