Grub Reynolds

Origin 3 showed he doesn't like being targeted

@chrisgarry1: Spoke to Ben Barba last night about @joshreynolds9 trip. The story behind the trip is different to what most believe.

Not sure what this means but there's a story in the paper tomorrow apparently.

@chrisgarry1: Spoke to Ben Barba last night about @joshreynolds9 trip. The story behind the trip is different to what most believe.

Not sure what this means but there's a story in the paper tomorrow apparently.

WHat kind of story can be behind the trip? It looked like it was just a reaction thing made out of frustration.

I wonder if it's just a rehash of Barba's comments already published:

"He plays the game really tough and physical and sometimes he can just get caught doing the wrong thing at the wrong time, but I know the bloke and that's not the sort of bloke he is," Barba said.

"Obviously he's a great friend of mine and has been since our Bulldogs days. We were trying to get at each other all week so I knew he'd try and get me in one way, but I have no hard feelings towards him, he's a really good friend of mine."

Bit disappointed by some of the comments in here. He definitely needs to clean up his game and deserves harsh penalties for his actions but I'll hold back on the wishing injury until I meet the guy. Could just be a bad case of white like fever.
It's not the first, second or third game he does this shit. I don't care what the guy is like outside the field... he is a fucking **** of a grub on the field, who has several times put opposition players in serious harm's way.
The Tate up-ending, Thaiday's kick to the face, Barba's trip, and other shit he has done, could've resulted in serious injuries to those players.

As I said, I don't care if this isn't politically correct, but he needs to be hurt every time he gets on the field.

Man I love this little bloke

How he has pissed off and infuriated the QLD fans is priceless

I do agree with the Bulldogs CEO though that the Quernslanders can give it out but can't take it
Are you for fucking real?

There's dislike to NSW'ker players, like Gallen, Bird, Ennis, Scott or even Hayne for various reasons, but I don't wish injury on any of them (well, Bird could do with a glassing to the face, but that's outside the field).

If you're that blind to Reynolds grubbiness just because he's a NSW'ker, and you think it's the right thing to do as a blues supporter, that is a very poor battle choice. You need to take a long hard look in the mirror, and decide whether this is really the type of opinion you want to be associated with...

Canterbury Bulldogs coach Des Hasler believes Josh Reynolds will only have a case to answer for his high tackle on Alex Glenn in the last 10 minutes.

Reynolds was also charged for kicking out at Sam Thaiday in a tackle and tripping Ben Barba which Hasler believes are both defendable.

"I'm expecting he will get one grading out of the three, that being the high tackle.

"The Sam Thaiday had Josh around the legs and Josh (Reynolds) is entitled to fight for a quick play-the-ball, Sam Thaiday wasn't in view of Josh and Sam Thaiday and the Broncos would have been very happy in how they got their penalty," Hasler said on Saturday Triple M NRL.

Des Hasler kept the tripping defence close to his chest.

"As for the trip, I think it's defencable if there is a charge applied."

The Bulldogs mentor has pledged for the Match review committee to treat each incident in isolation and with objectivity.

How he has ****ed off and infuriated the QLD fans is priceless

I do agree with the Bulldogs CEO though that the Quernslanders can give it out but can't take it

Whenever you talk you go further down. To defend kicking people in the head and tripping is just ridiculous. To suggest it is some sort of bias against New South Wales makes you border line lunatic.

He should of been sent off and now suspended for 7 plus weeks.

Slater got 7 weeks for striking with his foot and I don't recall any Queenslander ever complaining.

Hasler is deluded ... and if the NRL match review committee and judiciary don't act, then that is the same as saying what Reynolds did is LEGAL. so feel free to do it as much as you like.

IF they are serious about trying to keep the sport clean, then that stuff can not be allowed to go unpunished

Whenever you talk you go further down. To defend kicking people in the head and tripping is just ridiculous. To suggest it is some sort of bias against New South Wales makes you border line lunatic.

He should of been sent off and now suspended for 7 plus weeks.

Slater got 7 weeks for striking with his foot and I don't recall any Queenslander ever complaining.

Pretty much this.

A deliberate trip should be outside of the gradings and an instant 8 week ban, IMO. Letalone the kick.

How he has ****ed off and infuriated the QLD fans is priceless

I love the way he continually lets his team down with cheap shot penalties.it could be argued that his indiscretion cost the bulldogs any chance of a win last night, and possibly a top 8 spot. He excels at being a 2nd rate cheap shot merchant.

The grub doesn't deserve a thread in his name on BHQ.

"As for the trip, I think it's defencable if there is a charge applied."

Hasler can't spell even when someone else is writing for him.

Where are these quotes coming from? I've searched but cannot find the interview.

Last edited:
Hasler can't spell even when someone else is writing for him.

Where are these quotes coming from? I've searched but cannot find the interview.
MMM, I think.

Anyone else remember Gallen kicking out a few years ago. Judiciary let him off scott free. Thankfully Origin is over and hopefully there won't be favouritism this time but it still stuns me that he wasn't sent for that trip.

Though I have to say, despite all he did last night, I still find the Tate incident to be the most severe. Barba might have been hurt, but to me, putting a player in a position where he could land on his head is way more dangerous than a trip or that kick to Thaiday (I think Sam might have been playing up a bit. Which is great cause it ensured we got the penalty, which is something we should do more off).

So whilst I agree Reynolds is a disgusting ****, I'm still sort of annoyed by the idea that his most dangerous action IMO (throwing Tate on his head) is the one that gets penalised the least. Once again the refs and the NRL have no fucking idea about anything.

They've got to make an example of Reynolds surely.

Ben Barba isn't in a wheelchair and neither are Glenn or Thaiday, so the NRL probably don't think they need to. Remember, it's only the outcome that seems to matter to these guys. If you're a **** and don't hurt anyone it's okay. If you're not a **** but hurt someone, that's when you'll get punished.

Last edited:
That kick to Thaiday's head could've have injured him badly. It only required one of his show knobs to catch him in the eye for Sammy to lose vision in it...

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.