Haas - Off Field Dramas

The "I'm a grown man" at 19 years of age made me chuckle. He's got the grown part right, at least.

League journalism 101 - make stuff up to mislead and get clicks, isn’t Haas’s fault.

I should have quoted the posts above - I was meaning that the reason @Huge was condemning the article was because it suggested Haas had opened up, but he hadn't, it was journo bullshit.

Haas was fantastic yesterday especially considering his age and experience.
He's the real deal and will only get better. A bright light in what is a terrible team.

I should have quoted the posts above - I was meaning that the reason @Huge was condemning the article was because it suggested Haas had opened up, but he hadn't, it was journo bullshit.
I was gutted he did not speak about the white shoes.

Terrible team ???
Currently 1-5 with the worst spine in the comp, outside backs that are struggling, a terribly inconsistent pack of forwards and coached by an imposter. Terrible might be harsh but they are pretty fucking bad IMO.

Currently 1-5 with the worst spine in the comp, outside backs that are struggling, a terribly inconsistent pack of forwards and coached by an imposter. Terrible might be harsh but they are pretty fucking bad IMO.
You mean the team assembled by your coaching god is crap, but the coach which inherited that mess is an imposter after 6 rounds...?

Gotta enjoy these contradictions.

You mean the team assembled by your coaching god is crap, but the coach which inherited that mess is an imposter after 6 rounds...?

Quite brilliant isnt it.

@Huge have you got a Shakespearean to reflect such a paradox?

Last edited:
In 2018 Seibold inherited a team that came 12th the year before and got them to 3rd.

In 2019 Seibold inherited a team that came 6th and got them to.... I'll finish this off at the end of the year

The team Seibold inherited this year did pretty well last year, being one win out of the top 4. We can talk about our last game but how was Melbourne Storms last game in 2018? When you don't take into account the rest of the season it is called cherry picking. Not sure how people can still reach so far as to blame Bennett for any of this. What are you, Knights fans? Do you think Bennett was still signing players when the board were trying to sack him? Don't let that get in the way of your agendas. If you're looking past other problems in order to blame those who you normally blame you are a part of a massive problem within Broncos fans at the moment.

Last edited:

He inherited a good side but in six short rounds, he has made a mess of it. Guys like Boyd, Milf, Macca, Glenn etc are in career worst form. Other players such as Niko, Fafita, Roberts and Isaako are going backwards. These players (and others) don't respect him and it shows in their attitudes.

How can Bennett cop the blame here? Do you think they'd be 1-5 if he was still at the helm? No way to tell but they would probably be 4-2. Seibs has turned a promising team into a "pretty fucking bad" team. He has plenty of time to turn things around but "imposters" tend not too have that ability. Your disrespect for Bennett is bewildering considering the joint has never been successful without him. Don't expect that to change in the near future.

Last edited:
He inherited a good side but in six short rounds, he has made a mess of it. Guys like Boyd, Milf, Macca, Glenn etc are in career worst form. Other players such as Niko, Fafita, Roberts and Isaako are going backwards. These players (and others) don't respect him and it shows in their attitudes.

How can Bennett cop the blame here? Do you think they'd be 1-5 if he was still at the helm? No way to tell but they would probably be 4-2. Seibs has turned a promising team into a "pretty fucking bad" team. He has plenty of time to turn things around but "imposters" tend not too have that ability. Your disrespect for Bennett is bewildering considering the joint has never been successful without him. Don't expect that to change in the near future.
Mate, do I really need to grab the posts you made last year about the quality of this team? Because you're re-inventing history and telling porkies about this being a "good side".

The rest is your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I prefer to wait and see whether Seibold has what it takes, but won't judge him based on pseudo-analysis about whether players respect him.

Also, having an opinion about Bennett's coaching that doesn't praise him to heaven is not equal to disrespecting him, but I wouldn't expect a sycophant to understand that.

Anybody just see the story on A Current Affair about Payne Haas' mum? Covered the two incidents Payne was suspended for and a third one also.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • Old Mate
  • Brocko
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • Alec
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • simplythebest
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.