Halves situation

I think Milf would probably thrive a bit more in a team with a lot more second phase play and offloads in the tackle, he could just follow those big guys around and run at the gaps and forget the passing.

I think Milf would probably thrive a bit more in a team with a lot more second phase play and offloads in the tackle, he could just follow those big guys around and run at the gaps and forget the passing.
He should probably just go and play for one of those teams then. Take the pay cut and just be a bit part player in a much better team overall. He'd likely kill it at a Melbourne or a Roosters, because they have better players who will do all the hard work for him that Milford won't do himself.

Let Brisbane spend the money on a player who is happy to put in every week and doesn't require an extremely precise set of circumstances before he can make an impact on field.

Last edited:
We all just need to face it, Milf won't ever be an elite player long-term and certainly not at the Broncs, he's not dedicated enough.

We all just need to face it, Milf won't ever be an elite player long-term and certainly not at the Broncs, he's not dedicated enough.
I actually just don’t think he’s good enough.
With posts like this, there is (probably only) one poster you 2 should avoid at all costs...

Last edited:
I certainly don't think Milford is a long term option on the money he is on now, he would have to be on significantly less to be a Bronco for the long term I would assume.

I also don't think Croft is a long term option, simply a short stop-gap option until Dearden is ready to take the role. Maybe he could develop into a good hooker, but he certainly doesn't have what it takes to be a halfback.

I certainly don't think Milford is a long term option on the money he is on now, he would have to be on significantly less to be a Bronco for the long term I would assume.

I also don't think Croft is a long term option, simply a short stop-gap option until Dearden is ready to take the role. Maybe he could develop into a good hooker, but he certainly doesn't have what it takes to be a halfback.
Realistically if Milford wants to take a pay cut he may as well go somewhere else and do it. He could go to Melbourne and earn half as much and probably look decent in a side where the other players will do most of the work for him.

We've gone out of our way to change Halves partners to suit Milford time and time again, maybe it's time we do the same thing to accommodate Croft?

Realistically if Milford wants to take a pay cut he may as well go somewhere else and do it. He could go to Melbourne and earn half as much and probably look decent in a side where the other players will do most of the work for him.

We've gone out of our way to change Halves partners to suit Milford time and time again, maybe it's time we do the same thing to accommodate Croft?

The reason we have been trying to accomodate Milford is because of how much he is on and how much potential he has. Croft doesn't have any of that going for him and doesn't deserve to have any sort of mortgage on a position on the team given what he has done in first grade to this point.

Last edited:
I actually just don’t think he’s good enough.
It was definitely a mistake that has set us back a long time. I’m worried about what happens next with Milford. He’s not worth anywhere near a million. 600k max, but if there’s better options we need to cut ties with him.

I doubt there is much truth to this. Sounds more like speculation.

You watch though, if it is true we'll do the stupid thing and dump Croft for having two bad games instead of Milford for having two bad seasons.

Of course they would dump Croft first, he hasn't done anymore than Milford and is far less on an investment.

It’s not just the quantity though. It’s when and where he misses them that often cost us points. I’d like I see the stats on how many points are being scored through our left edge defense through Boyd and Milford.
They’re a rabble
Mmmmm, okay. Perhaps I exaggerated it a little but I was sure I'd read he missed 7 just recently. That could have been a two game total. Nevertheless it has been the norm for Millionford to miss lot's of tackles and he's been an arm grabber since he arrived in Brisbane.
Good example against the Rorters when everyone defending around Milford moved up but Milford hung back leaving open a gigantic gap for the Rorters second-rower to stroll through. Milford made a last ditch arm grab and the Rorters forward easily dragged Milford over with him. In stats that wouldn't go down as a missed tackle from Milford.

Frankly speaking, I think his defence is the least concerning thing about his game at present and that speaks volumes. I guess it's hard for him to dominate when the forwards are getting rolled as they were against Parramatta and Rorters but even in that case, given the money he is on, he should be better. He was rubbish against Manly as well when the forwards held their own for most of the game.

Of course they would dump Croft first, he hasn't done anymore than Milford and is far less on an investment.

At some point you have to cut your losses on a bad investment though.

The reason we have been trying to accomodate Milford is because of how much he is on and how much potential he has. Croft doesn't have any of that going for him and doesn't deserve to have any sort of mortgage on a position on the team given what he has done in first grade to this point.
At what age would you expect that potential to come to fruition? He is well past the limit for the potential argument imo. I will still give him this year to see if he can get that running game back though. As we all know the old coach is partly to blame, but it’s time to stop riding that excuse too, he needs to step up or piss off.

If you're 25 (next month he's 26) and people still need to talk about your 'potential' then I think it might be time to admit that ship has sailed.

If you're 25 (next month he's 26) and people still need to talk about your 'potential' then I think it might be time to admit that ship has sailed.

I'm not arguing that we should be picking him on potential, I'm just saying that Croft shouldn't be given a pass just because he hasn't been here long. Croft has had plenty of opportunities in first grade to show he is up to it at halfback and has never shown that he is.

I would personally drop Croft before Milford. Milford still has the best kicking game at the club.

I'm not arguing that we should be picking him on potential, I'm just saying that Croft shouldn't be given a pass just because he hasn't been here long. Croft has had plenty of opportunities in first grade to show he is up to it at halfback and has never shown that he is.

I would personally drop Croft before Milford. Milford still has the best kicking game at the club.

See even that, I reckon if Isaako was given more kicking responsibility, he could be better (obviously totally no contest at present, Milf hands down).

But what does Milf do that makes him worth even half a million dollars?

Goal kick? No.
Lead? No.
Do the 1%ers? No.
Run it? Not anymore.
Kick deadly bombs? No, rarely at best.
Gun kicking game? No, it is good though, not great.
Make something from nothing? VERY rarely.
Defense? Average.
Goor trainer? No.
Good communicator? No.
Flawed? Absolutely yes!
Go missing in games? Yes, a lot.
Errors? Drops it still pretty frequently.
The go to man? No, he rarely puts his hand up.
Drop goals? No pressure, great. Under pressure? Not so good.
Calm under pressure? No way.
Can win a premiership? Not anymore, five years ago, yes.

So what is the value in keeping him if he doesn't want to take a 50% pay cut? (And who would want to take a 50% pay cut?) Someone will still throw $800k sadly on the hope he comes good.

Last edited:

Yeah you're right, his team only came first last year while he was playing Halfback for them. Must try harder.

Last edited:

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Nerd
  • marw
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • Skyblues87
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brocko
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.