Halves situation

Yeah you're right, his team only came first last year while he was playing Halfback for them. Must try harder.

And then was replaced by a fullback for the finals...

It’s possibly set us back 10 years in total. The five he’s been here and then development of another, not to mention who we’ve lost along the way because of his cap share.

He's been nothing but a failed experiment, in nearly all facets. Milf just doesn't have the fortitude required to be a serious footballer. Oh but he enjoys the glamor lifestyle, don't you worry. That McDonalds card thing was a great idea in Milfs eyes.

If we’d have won the GF, he would have been the messiah given his performance that year. Maybe he’s just had rubbish coaching too?

He needs to step up but but saying he’s failed is a bit far. Too expensive? Yes. Terrible signing? No. Your alternative would have been Hunt and Taylor - hows that working out...

Last edited:
If we’d have won the GF, he would have been the messiah given his performance that year. Maybe he’s just had rubbish coaching too?

He needs to step but but saying he’s failed is a bit far. Too expensive? Yes. Terrible signing? No. Your alternative would have been Hunt and Taylor - hows that working out...

He hasn't won shit Caniffe, and hanging on to that 2015 non glory is not good for you. That is ancient history and it isn't even good history. Judge in the now.

I’m happy to hang onto 2015. Great footy, good weekends all year. Perhaps the problem is we are missing Parker Hodgo and Gillo so suddenly everyone else had to do some work [emoji23]

Although this halves combination looks untenable, I feel like Dearden is our best option at halfback at the club.

Just worried playing him in this scenario might effect him long term negatively, but it might also be the making of him.

He needs to step up but but saying he’s failed is a bit far. Too expensive? Yes. Terrible signing? No. Your alternative would have been Hunt and Taylor - hows that working out...
Hunt would without question be more useful to us than Milford right now.

A Halves combination of Dearden and Croft being guided by an experienced and fairly skillful Dummy Half in Ben Hunt would almost certainly be asking more questions of the opposition defence than our current setup.

Hunt might have proved a proper dud as a Halfback, but he's actually a pretty dangerous Dummy Half, and that's when he's just playing the role part time - let alone what he could do if he made the change a permanent one.

If all options were on the table I'd ideally take Harry Grant, but failing that, I would have little hesitation in swapping Milford for Hunt with the Dragons.

Last edited:
Now the media is starting to say that Croft should be dropped for Dearden and this is the week we should do it playing a severely understrength Warriors team.

how many who said we shouldn't sign Mitchell Moses are now wishing we did.

how many who said we shouldn't sign Mitchell Moses are now wishing we did.

Yeah for sure but I’m almost certain he wouldn’t be going as well as he wouldn’t be the one running the team and would have zero structure or effort from others to work with. At least he’d rip into these hacks masquerading at Broncos.

Is anyone else interested in bringing back Benji Marshal? The Sydney morning herald is claiming his manager is shopping him around. It can't be any worse than what we have at the moment...

Is anyone else interested in bringing back Benji Marshal? The Sydney morning herald is claiming his manager is shopping him around. It can't be any worse than what we have at the moment...
I don't reckon we should have let him go. He wanted **** all money from memory......and we were starting to see some form from him. He's not so much an individualist any more. Can steer a team around the park pretty well.....

What's interesting to me when discussing the long term halves is that there is little to no mention of the two guys that could be potentially the best in the system with Paix and Sullivan. Sullivan prior to to his injury last year showed me the most of the lot. He had some balls to run hard at the line, challenge the defense and actually barked orders like a bloody leader. How far he is in terms of rehab, I am not sure.

Croft is an unknown still to me. With Milford we know what he offers and the reality is that he is never really going to take any leaps forward. He lacks discipline, leadership and consistency which are three big negatives when having the number 6 on your jersey.

I don't reckon we should have let him go. He wanted **** all money from memory......and we were starting to see some form from him. He's not so much an individualist any more. Can steer a team around the park pretty well.....
A
I agree. He still has something to offer and an experienced 6 would be a great addition to this young team. Luke and Te'o were good pickups for their experience alone, i think we are still a bit short on experienced leaders, Benji would cap it off niceley.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Culhwch
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • LittleDavey
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Harry Sack
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • achievedrap
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • Browny
... and 53 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.