Hayne leaves NFL for Olympic dream

Hayne to Roosters rumours incoming. Presumably he won't be sticking with Union after the Olympics.

League will spend money to bring him back. Australian union wont be able to compete with league money to get him to switch codes (they would need to give him a ridiculous amount to get him to switch). French union or Japanese yes, but Aussie union is a big no. It will all come down to if he wants to return to Australia or if he doesn't mind living in france or england

Yeah this. If the Roosters can get Hayne under the cap for 600k then **** it let's sign Inglis.
Let's just sign Hayne. The hurt from Sydney journos and Greenhouse alone would make it so worth it.

League will spend money to bring him back. Australian union wont be able to compete with league money to get him to switch codes (they would need to give him a ridiculous amount to get him to switch). French union or Japanese yes, but Aussie union is a big no. It will all come down to if he wants to return to Australia or if he doesn't mind living in france or england

This is the worst thing. Surely he can't just slot into one of the rich clubs while the NRL hand over some cash to bring him back.

If the NRL tops up his contract then he should switch clubs each week.

**** this guy.
So sick of players pulling an SBW when it suits them.

**** this guy.
So sick of players pulling an SBW when it suits them.

Why? He didn't do a Sonny Bill. He asked for a release, he was granted one. He didn't just leave the country like an A Grade asshole.

I'm all for players doing whatever they want to do, but FFS, don't expect the NRL to pay part of your wage if you come back.

Surely tho Hayne has to be no chance back at the Eels with their recent cap drama. They would have to release quite a few more.

Why? He didn't do a Sonny Bill. He asked for a release, he was granted one. He didn't just leave the country like an A Grade asshole.

I'm all for players doing whatever they want to do, but FFS, don't expect the NRL to pay part of your wage if you come back.

That's not what I was referring to as an SBW.
It's the continuous code hopping and being presented with anything they like due to his name.
What experience did he have in NFL prior to joining?
What experience does Hayne have in rugby 7's?

Fiji is a great 7's side and a big chance at winning it at Rio, but now with Hayne joining them you can bet that if they win it it'll be all thanks to him.
I prefer to see players earn the jersey on their back, not be handed it based on what they've done elsewhere.

Surely tho Hayne has to be no chance back at the Eels with their recent cap drama. They would have to release quite a few more.

Wanna bet?

This was all Parramatta's design, from Day 1. They knew all they had to do was sign a player for over $1m per season, and they'd have a ticket to getting Hayne the second he wanted to come back.

This is how it'll pan out, Foran will activate his "Eels Board distress" release in this off-season, and sign immediately with the Roosters for 2017 on a 3 year deal, whom will have the cap space comfortably, considering they've left $1m free to try and sign SBW or Hayne. Paulo leaves to go to the Raiders, suddenly Parramatta has roughly $1.5m under the cap, to which they will immediately give to Hayne, he'll come back to the Eels who now have a bare bones roster because they're salary cap compliant and are overpaying him, and won't make the top 8 once during Hayne's second stint at the club.

Lock it in.

Actually, they just need to not re-sign Gordon and Norman and I reckon they're there.

Actually, they just need to not re-sign Gordon and Norman and I reckon they're there.

Hasn't Gordon got a deal for two years?
Either way, if he signs back with league it will be good for the game overall. The Eels wont be too keen to let Foran walk after breaking the bank to get him. They would punt Jennings well before him.

Every time I hear about Trump, I just can't stop thinking, 'Well I have a pigeon.' and 'mmm whatever, it's a thing the Toona malt does to me.'
You know he "has five of the meaner rained ers just sitting there waiting"

Wanna bet?

This was all Parramatta's design, from Day 1. They knew all they had to do was sign a player for over $1m per season, and they'd have a ticket to getting Hayne the second he wanted to come back.

This is how it'll pan out, Foran will activate his "Eels Board distress" release in this off-season, and sign immediately with the Roosters for 2017 on a 3 year deal, whom will have the cap space comfortably, considering they've left $1m free to try and sign SBW or Hayne. Paulo leaves to go to the Raiders, suddenly Parramatta has roughly $1.5m under the cap, to which they will immediately give to Hayne, he'll come back to the Eels who now have a bare bones roster because they're salary cap compliant and are overpaying him, and won't make the top 8 once during Hayne's second stint at the club.

Lock it in.
I thought they were still paying him because he had a clues that said if I walk out you keep paying.not sure how long that runs.

Best Hayne quote

" Jarryd Hayne "retiring" from the NFL is like me quitting McDonald's when they gradually stopped giving me shifts after my 18th birthday "

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Kev_Guz
  • Brocko
  • azza.79
  • Swordfish
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.