Hayne out of Origin?

gUt said:
Je$ter said:
I hope that every player on our team gives Hayne a tiny headbutt, becasue singularly according to the nrl they won't cause any damage, but 17 small headbutts may hurt him, and none of our players get suspended!

17 small headbutts each imo.

nah bugger that. just have Thaiday and Taylor smash him legally every time he touches the ball. besides he is only good when people stand of him which they were doing last year. get up in his face and hit him hard over and over again. [icon_evillaugh

besides even if our players give Hayne a tiny headbutt they will be suspended because the don't wear a blue jersey.

So spitting is ok now, no injury possible there.
What about a trip if no injury is caused?
That decision is just Sh!t, ......well if it's not sh!t it'll do till we get some.

Dexter said:
So spitting is ok now, no injury possible there.
What about a trip if no injury is caused?
That decision is just Sh!t, ......well if it's not sh!t it'll do till we get some.

Well Hayne got away with knees to the head last year causing a ko so who knows?

If he wants to get into MMA, I'd love to see him fight Rashad Evans... a boy can only dream.

They've basically contradicted themselves on the same night though - there was no real injury caused by the Lewis tackle either. I always thought judiciary hearing were about intent not damage done - in most cases where players get suspended there has been no injury from the incident so this decision is just so completely random (apart from the fact it's Hayne). And with Hayne being the most influential player in the game, well the judiciary has just green-lighted every kid playing footy to start headbutting their opponents.

I hope that Qld don't got seeking any on-field retribution and just let winning do the talking.

And as I've said before, the arguement that Origin or GFs are much bigger / more important games than regular club games therefore players should be given leniency if it means missing one of those is total BS. The rep players ARE the biggest names in our game so should be held up to the absolute most highest standard possible - their punishments (ie missing a big game) should be harsher. What Hayne is learning is that if he engages in illegal on-field actions just prior to a big game, he will escape punishment.

Scared that he might head butt us fans...but not significantly.

The recent stuff at the judiciary highlights a major flaw to me. The panel who judge guilt are 3 ex-players. Now, with all due respect, rugby league players are retards. They have as much intelligence as, well, The Rock (Shaun Zalami, not Dwayne Johnson, he seems quite intelligent).

They get overwhelmed by the legal prattle of old gits like Geoff Bellew and Peter Kite, lawyers by trade, and the "judge" Conlon who tells them what to rule...err, sorry, tells them what to consider in their ruling.

In my view it should be:
- lawyers and judges making up the defence, prosecution and judging panel
OR
- no legal people at all, simply past players both representing the NRL, the player and making the judgment

Coxy said:
Scared that he might head butt us fans...but not significantly.

Maybe we should get force plates just in case he does go over the line.

we'll just have to make him regret not taking the early guilty plea and missing the origin by having Big Sammy Thaiday and Dave Taylor smash him LEGALLY for the whole 80 mins [icon_evillaugh

So basically very very few players should ever get a suspension if the interpretation is going to be the player's intention "to cause considerable pain or injury ". In most cases incidents on the footy field are accidental, careless, stupid etc - but very few would be done with the intent to cause considerable pain or injury.

They should just make judiciary proceedings a reality show already - footy fans ring in to vote GUILTY or NOT GUILTY. Would be just as fair as system as what we're dealing with ATM.

Maybe we could use Judge Judy? [icon_shru

Capital idea! I would love to see Judge Judy taking down some of the douchebag players [icon_lol1.

"I headbutted him but I didn't intend to hurt him"
*incredulous look from Judge Judy and lengthy pause*

"BALONEY!!!!!"

LOLZ

Coxy said:
"I headbutted him but I didn't intend to hurt him"
*incredulous look from Judge Judy and lengthy pause*

"BALONEY!!!!!"

LOLZ

Damm you! The whole office is now looking at me :oops:

The NRL judiciary unfortunately, has always been a joke and it continually causes such ridiculous situations such as these... honestly it is embarrassing. I hate to play the comparing game but surely other code administrators must laugh at our code... surely.

That article is down.. What was it about?
Did the ARL really change the rules hours before the judiciary trial?

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Mick_Hancock
  • mrslong
  • Morkel
  • Astro
  • Robboi_321
  • sooticus
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • marw
  • Alec
  • Johnny92
  • scobie
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Rambstien
  • Aldo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.