Hayne out of Origin?

wow i thought it woulda gone the other way... there wasnt much in the lewis tackle was there?

chazta said:
wow i thought it woulda gone the other way... there wasnt much in the lewis tackle was there?

Pretty standard dangerous throw charge. Nothing wrong with his suspension at all IMO.

Yeah, it was way over the horizontal, so anything less than a one week ban would've been dodgy.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Although they are rare, expect any headbutting charges in the future to be eagerly contested by players at the judiciary.
That's what I'm worried about. The NRL Judiciary is setting Precedent in some areas I'm very uncomfortable with - abusing the match officials and headbutts. Clubs will start to become very clever with precedents and getting their players free because of past decisions (if not that they're already doing so).

Awesome!
Although I think it's extremely dodgy that he got let off I can't wait to see Slater and Hayne going at it again, hopefully an all in brawl :D

Although it's the wrong decision, who cares? NSW will pick him on the wing where he will let in more tries for us. Even if he's picked at fullback his form this year has been ordinary. Let the chump play.

gUt said:
Although it's the wrong decision, who cares? NSW will pick him on the wing where he will let in more tries for us. Even if he's picked at fullback his form this year has been ordinary. Let the chump
play.

he has been named at fullback

That is a much better team.
Having Gidley out of a starting position(preferably out all together) is much better then him playing 80 minutes fullback and Pearce/Barrett is infinitely better than Kimmorley/Lyon.

Still won't win but they might put some sort of challenge forward unlike last game when they weren't a chance of winning at any point really.

In my opinion NRL suspensions shouldn't apply to rep games anyway, and any suspensions from rep games shouldn't apply to NRL games.

broncospwn said:
Awesome!
Although I think it's extremely dodgy that he got let off I can't wait to see Slater and Hayne going at it again, hopefully an all in brawl :D
[eusa_doh

At least when our team dominates the **** out of them they won't have an excuse they were missing the 2nd most influential player in rugby league.

On a side note, what a horse shit decision! I didn't realise they used data from a force plate in Billy Slater's head to determine if the blow was hard enough to cause injury. How can they argue that, there is no evidence to tell whether the blow caused injury, just because there is no blood doesn't mean it didn't hurt or cause internal damage.

I'm cool with JT not getting suspended because he didn't swear directly at the ref, ie he didn't go off his tree calling him a **** or anything was just swearing.

Hopefully we are winning by a big margin and as Hayne goes for a try in the corner Billy gets one of his Bruce Lee moves on and kicks Stain right in the face.

Ghibli said:
Major JW Hochstetter said:
Although they are rare, expect any headbutting charges in the future to be eagerly contested by players at the judiciary.
That's what I'm worried about. The NRL Judiciary is setting Precedent in some areas I'm very uncomfortable with - abusing the match officials and headbutts. Clubs will start to become very clever with precedents and getting their players free because of past decisions (if not that they're already doing so).

But the judiciary is set up so there is no "precedent" system. Each charge is seen on its own merits, the only context being the player's history. And that's one of the problems with the judiciary, they are not accountable as they don't have to deal with their own decisions when it comes and bites them in the bum later on. Next player who does a Thurston they can suspend and go - "hey, no precedent, this is different, he made a "rude" gesture to the ref - see you in 12 weeks Hodgo" and as such, no one really knows what they'll do.

All its done is bring the integrity of the review panel into question and create this perception that they let stars get away with murder, which going by their last decision, is indeed the case

There maybe no precedents, but there needs to be consistency.

Nashy said:

Confucius, is that you?

I hope that every player on our team gives Hayne a tiny headbutt, becasue singularly according to the nrl they won't cause any damage, but 17 small headbutts may hurt him, and none of our players get suspended!

Nashy said:

That's what I was getting at, I wasn't defending them, in fact IMO they should certainly have somewhat binding precedents for the period the rule is in place (but it certainly would be difficult with the constant rule changes, but whatever, its their damn job!).

Their lack of consistency correlates directly with their lack of credibility

Je$ter said:
I hope that every player on our team gives Hayne a tiny headbutt, becasue singularly according to the nrl they won't cause any damage, but 17 small headbutts may hurt him, and none of our players get suspended!

17 small headbutts each imo.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Lozza
  • broncsfan88
  • Shane Tronc
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • sooticus
  • Spike
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • eggstar10
  • Jazza
  • simplythebest
  • Broncs1459
  • Dash
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.