Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

Coxy said:
Bucking Beads said:
We only want Inglis if Folau leaves.

Why? If we could get him as well as Folau and Hodges, that'd be awesome.

But my preference would be Folau and Inglis in the centres. Unless Hodges is willing to play left centre, then I'd be OK with Hodges and Folau.

Well if we could fit all 3 under our cap yeah that would be awesome but I doubt that would happen. I imagine Ivan will have the finally call on what side Hodges plays on when he returns but I hope he is on the left.

Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":38346tqk]We only want Inglis if Folau leaves.

But my preference would be Folau and Inglis in the centres. Unless Hodges is willing to play left centre, then I'd be OK with Hodges and Folau.

Well if we could fit all 3 under our cap yeah that would be awesome but I doubt that would happen. I imagine Ivan will have the finally call on what side Hodges plays on when he returns but I hope he is on the left.[/quote:38346tqk]

I doubt that somehow. I think Hodges will come back on the right, Folau the left, to the detriment of the team.

Coxy said:
Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":u35c0965]We only want Inglis if Folau leaves.

Well if we could fit all 3 under our cap yeah that would be awesome but I doubt that would happen. I imagine Ivan will have the finally call on what side Hodges plays on when he returns but I hope he is on the left.

I doubt that somehow. I think Hodges will come back on the right, Folau the left, to the detriment of the team.[/quote:u35c0965]

I hope not Hodges is more well equiped to play on the left he did it for Australia and is better in defence which is the main concern on the left.

I agree completely. I just think it'll be a case of "Hodges is a senior player, he gets to pick his position". I hope I'm wrong.

Coxy said:
I agree completely. I just think it'll be a case of "Hodges is a senior player, he gets to pick his position". I hope I'm wrong.

It may depend on whether Izzy stays or goes.

Coxy said:

I reckon you are (and I am not trying to sound harsh there, there really isn't a nice way to say that [icon_lol1. ). I am sure Henjak will realise that Izzy is 10 times the player on the right and that Hodges is more than capable on the left having done it for Australian before. It is a better fit for the team.

Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:

It may depend on whether Izzy stays or goes.

you may be right there beads, if Folau has announced his future before Hodges comes back then i'd say Hodges will probably play right center if Folau decides to leave but left if Folau decides to stay.

When does Hodgo's contract expire? Anyone knows?

We should try to attract Inglis to the club regardless of Folau's decision and keep Hodgo if we can fit them under the cap, which is apparently the case.
We would have the centres and full back position well covered between them!

The question is whether we are willing to sacrifice some of the upcoming youngsters to have them, as something will have to give... :roll:

An Origin return in 2010 has already been ruled out by Justin Hodges despite impressing Broncos staff with his recovery from injury.

Finally cleared to start running after snapping his Achilles in a pre-season training mishap, Hodges has predicted he could be back in the NRL in six weeks putting him on track for an Origin III comeback in July.

But Hodges said it would be "selfish" if he tried to regain his beloved Maroons jersey this season.

"I think I'll hopefully be back by then (Origin III), but playing in that arena and in that sort of competition I'd be kidding myself and my team-mates," Hodges said on the Broncos' website.

"For me to play that would be selfish. I think I'll give it a miss.

"I definitely won't be playing this year unless there are a lot of injuries."
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticl ... fault.aspx

draggx said:
An Origin return in 2010 has already been ruled out by Justin Hodges despite impressing Broncos staff with his recovery from injury.

Finally cleared to start running after snapping his Achilles in a pre-season training mishap, Hodges has predicted he could be back in the NRL in six weeks putting him on track for an Origin III comeback in July.

But Hodges said it would be "selfish" if he tried to regain his beloved Maroons jersey this season.

"I think I'll hopefully be back by then (Origin III), but playing in that arena and in that sort of competition I'd be kidding myself and my team-mates," Hodges said on the Broncos' website.

[eusa_clap.gi Well done Hodgo, showing a maturity I didn't realise you had.

draggx said:

I love Justin God Hodges, what a champion person!
Can't wait till he's back on the field tearing oppositions a new one.

I wanted to see him play origin so we would get another fight! :)

whats with Wendell last night saying that hodges will be back for game 3 as hes only 2 weeks away from playing for the Broncos? is that guy on crack?

again?

I reckon, I wish he'd just shut up about it, especially since Hodges himself said he was no chance.

Anonymous person said:
whats with Wendell last night saying that hodges will be back for game 3 as hes only 2 weeks away from playing for the Broncos? is that guy on crack?

again?
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Yeah don't know what Dell is on. But agree this was great to hear this public statement from Hodges that he doesn't believe he will deserve to be selected for Origin this year given the amount of time he's had off. Well done Hodgo

Anonymous person said:

again?

Wendell's a big noting douche, we all know that! :P Make that statement over and over and you're guaranteed to get quoted in speculative articles about "Is Hodges' return imminent"...Wendell loves hearing his own voice, seeing his own face, reading his own name (or having someone read it to him....)

Active Now

• thenry
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • Wild Horse
  • broncotville
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bish
  • Allo
  • Shane Tronc
  • Battler
  • HarryAllan7
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.