Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

Thats Awsome news. Like Beads said, we can make it through Origin without him and give him an extra couple of weeks just to be sure.

Does anyone know much about this type of injury.....I dont. Maybe its an injury that needs you to get our there and do some running around to strenghen it, hope so anyway.

Donny said:
Thats Awsome news. Like Beads said, we can make it through Origin without him and give him an extra couple of weeks just to be sure.

Does anyone know much about this type of injury.....I dont. Maybe its an injury that needs you to get our there and do some running around to strenghen it, hope so anyway.

Raw Boned Youngster can explain a lot. He's recovering from it now.

The achilles tendon is the strongest tendon in the human body - and it needs to be. The stress that the calf muscle exerts on it to invert your foot and push off while running and walking is intense.

The issue, I understand, is in building up the strength and flexibility in your calf muscle post-injury. It's been immobile for a long time, so the muscle has wasted and tightened. This weak and tight muscle is likely to rip the achilles tendon apart again.

So Hodges would no doubt have spent the last X weeks doing painfully boring calf stretching and strengthening exercises. That he's been given the go ahead to run is a good sign, but it'd be slow running, no sudden change of direction, no sudden acceleration. That will contribute to the recovery of the calf muscle.

He'd also be doing a lot of work on foot strength to ensure there's enough support there and limit sideways movement of the ankle. So lots of balancing work.

Given his reputation for being a poor trainer and bored with rehab exercises, I can imagine the last couple of months has been incredibly difficult for him.

Coxy said:
Donny said:

Raw Boned Youngster can explain a lot. He's recovering from it now.

The achilles tendon is the strongest tendon in the human body - and it needs to be. The stress that the calf muscle exerts on it to invert your foot and push off while running and walking is intense.

The issue, I understand, is in building up the strength and flexibility in your calf muscle post-injury. It's been immobile for a long time, so the muscle has wasted and tightened. This weak and tight muscle is likely to rip the achilles tendon apart again.

So Hodges would no doubt have spent the last X weeks doing painfully boring calf stretching and strengthening exercises. That he's been given the go ahead to run is a good sign, but it'd be slow running, no sudden change of direction, no sudden acceleration. That will contribute to the recovery of the calf muscle.

He'd also be doing a lot of work on foot strength to ensure there's enough support there and limit sideways movement of the ankle. So lots of balancing work.

Given his reputation for being a poor trainer and bored with rehab exercises, I can imagine the last couple of months has been incredibly difficult for him.

Man i hope he comes back and plays awell as we all know he can. Very hard decision for Ivan to make though
Keep Folau at right centre where he killing everyone he comes up against or move him back to left centre for hodges to come back into the right centre.

My view is Hodges to left centre and Folau stays where he is. We will be back to having the best centre pairing in the comp again.

So they say he's "just weeks away" then they say in the next 8 weeks lol.
How awesome was the interview with Justin God Hodges. He is so awesome! :D :D
As long as the team is playing well I'm not too concerned because a fresh and healthy Justin Hodges leading into the finals is a big weapon especially with Folau killing it as well. Lets just hope we can continue our 3 game winning streak and turn it into 4 in a row against the Sharks.

tell hodges his services are no longer needed and we are basically assured of getting greg inglis IMO. thats what id be doing, no questions asked.

Anonymous person said:
tell hodges his services are no longer needed and we are basically assured of getting greg inglis IMO. thats what id be doing, no questions asked.

icon_thumbs_u

sydney_bronco09 said:
1) hodges
3) inglis
4) folau

anyone?
Hypothetically of course... Having the world's 3 best centres at one club might upset a few people. :roll:

1- Inglis
3- Hodges
4- Folau

How much of the salary cap would that take up!

Browny said:
How much of the salary cap would that take up!
who cares as long as we are not stupid enough to the leave the second books in the next room

Anonymous person said:
No way.
Could you imagine playing a grand final with
1. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Folau
6. Lockyer!

That's awesoommmee!

Are you saying we will get Inglis whether Folau leaves or not?

broncospwn said:
Anonymous person said:
No way.
1. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Folau
6. Lockyer!

That's awesoommmee!

I don't think there is any chance of us a) getting Inglis or B) affording Inglis if Folau stays. and as i have stated before my preferred option is of Folau to stay with us

broncospwn said:
Anonymous person said:
No way.
1. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Folau
6. Lockyer!

That's awesoommmee!

no, im saying with the prob $300k+ from letting hodges go we would have more than enough to get inglis.

This injury might prolong Hodges' career, or it could very well prematurely end it, depending on how he comes back from the injury. He needs to make sure he is fully recovers before he returns.

i certainly do. Inglis is only 23, 5 years Hodges' junior, and has already played 2/3rds of the amount of games Hodges has, and has scored the same amount of tries as Hodges has.

hes a better player than Hodges in every conceivable way, especially with hodges being at the end of his injury and suspension prone career.

Active Now

• Ironbroncos
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • KickHaas
  • FACTHUNT
  • Emanon
  • Robboi_321
  • Fitzy
  • Lozza
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • Totally Unr3al
  • RodF
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.