Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

The problem I see with Hodges coming back is that either Glenn or Gillett will have to drop out of the 17. Harsh on either of them.

But you can't have both on the bench, especially if Henjak wants to also have Beale or Hunt on the bench. Just won't work.

Coxy said:
The problem I see with Hodges coming back is that either Glenn or Gillett will have to drop out of the 17. Harsh on either of them.

But you can't have both on the bench, especially if Henjak wants to also have Beale or Hunt on the bench. Just won't work.

Beale gone and its a done deal. Hunt may just have to live with being in and out of the team for a while longer even though he probably should be there [icon_lol1.

As per the "Best possible squad" thread, I guess you'd have to go with something like this:

1. Hoffman
2. Kemp/Yow Yeh
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Winterstein
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. McCullough
10. Tronc
11. Te'o
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Anderson
16. Gillett
17. Dodds

Glenn would then be cover for centre, five-eighth, back row, hooker.

Alternatively you could leave Dodds or Anderson out, put Hunt onto the bench and have Thaiday rotate to front row at times? I don't like that though, bench is far too light and Thaiday must stay out wide.

I would also not have Winterstein....I know that Yow Yeh has shown little so far (as I still think he is carrying a niggle) but I just think he has more potential and if he can get back to how he was going at the end of last year I cant find a spot for Winterstein.

Not that I dont like summerpot, just think Yow Yeh and Kemp are better.

i agree - i think Yow Yeh is the more talented player. Winterstein is good, and can go far in the NRL, but i think Yow Yeh pips him at the post.

Yow Yeh needs a more experienced player beside him. He was at his best when he had Hodges guiding him last year.

Yow Yeh was also not carrying a knee injury last year.

Our 3 best wingers are all carrying niggles. If Kemp, Yow Yeh and Winterstein can get right then any of them can do the job as our starting wingers.

Big Pete said:
Yow Yeh needs a more experienced player beside him. He was at his best when he had Hodges guiding him last year.

Yep for sure, Yow Yeh look half the player without Hodges beside him.

Yow Yeh has played some of the worst periods of football I've seen from a Broncos player at times this year. He's been bloody terrible! Not a patch on his form from last year.

Winterstein and Kemp easily have him covered this year.

That's a VERY big call. Do the names Stu Kelly, Scott Minto and Steve Michaels mean nothing to you???

Fair call Emma, but Yow Yeh seems as comfortable under a high ball as Akermanis is around a gay bloke in the shower.

His performance at periods in the Knights game would definitely trouble those guys...

Minto was never that bad either.

Coxy said:
Fair call Emma, but Yow Yeh seems as comfortable under a high ball as Akermanis is around a gay bloke in the shower.
Oh I agree, but to say he's put in close to the worst performance in broncos colours is a MASSIVE call.

Definitely. Nowhere near the worst. That honour goes to Mitch Rivett.

But Yow Yeh has been utter shit this year, especially the last month.

Coxy said:

Oddly enough he was excellent at this last year, consistently taking bombs and weaving his way out of the in goal (often to go on and make 20-30m). Obviously a big confidence player [icon_shru

I hope they stick with him because I think he's something special.

schmix said:
Coxy said:

Oddly enough he was excellent at this last year, consistently taking bombs and weaving his way out of the in goal (often to go on and make 20-30m). Obviously a big confidence player [icon_shru

I hope they stick with him because I think he's something special.

For sure, but he needs to get his confidence back. If playing Q Cup helps that, then that's what needs to happen.

As I said earlier, I think his confidence issues relate to his dodgy knee. So hopefully once he gets that right he'll get his confidence back.

And even Yow Yeh's ordinary form has been better than what we've seen from Kemp!!

Jeba said:
And even Yow Yeh's ordinary form has been better than what we've seen from Kemp!!

Yeah your totally right, Yow Yeh has been playing rubbish but Kemp has played far worse

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • Nerd
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Big Del
  • Allo
  • mrtij
  • Johnny92
  • theshed
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.