Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

Yep. Chris Walker certainly lost whatever edge he did have after not one but two achilles ruptures. He played OK last year, but he'd lost that explosive pace, that in and away, that step.

Shame.

Given Hodges relies on using leg strength and drive to make breaks, he'll struggle.

if hodges comes back a different player, maybe he'll actually play more than 5 games a year - that sure would be different.

Hodges is the man... the lazy man! Still, my favourite player.

Wendell Sailor on NRL on Fox tonight said he has inside info and Hodges is "one or two weeks away from playing" ...

Awesome news!
Justin God Hodges is close to a return.

ivanhungryjak said:
Wendell Sailor on NRL on Fox tonight said he has inside info and Hodges is "one or two weeks away from playing" ...

I'd be very surprised if this was the case. The injury could not have been that bad if he is back that soon.

That being said:
1) I am not a doctor or physio
2) I am thinking back to when Renouf had a similar injury in 1995, and technology/medicine has probably improved since then.
3) Hodges could be Australia's answer to Wolverine, with mutant healing.

[icon_shru

As others have said, I'd rather wait to make sure he is 100% right. I reckon let's just get through this rep season with least disruption as possible, then assess the situation after it is over. We have the luxury of the depth to cover Hodges at the moment and the fresher he is kept for the finals the better.

I would, however, be very interested to see where he will fit in when he comes back. Izzy is killing it at right centre at the moment, and Hodges has played left for Australia before so I don't think it's automatically back to the right centre position for him. Maybe even fullback, but then again Hoffman doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Jeba said:
As others have said, I'd rather wait to make sure he is 100% right. I reckon let's just get through this rep season with least disruption as possible, then assess the situation after it is over. We have the luxury of the depth to cover Hodges at the moment and the fresher he is kept for the finals the better.

I would, however, be very interested to see where he will fit in when he comes back. Izzy is killing it at right centre at the moment, and Hodges has played left for Australia before so I don't think it's automatically back to the right centre position for him. Maybe even fullback, but then again Hoffman doesn't deserve to be dropped.
Agreed, Hodgo should probably fit better than Izzy in the left center position, which is the "weakest" spot in the team at the moment, although Te'o, Gillett and even Beale have been doing a good job there.

Jeba said:

big call about not slotting Hodgo into the centre position...
Unless you want to put him at FB?...

Anyway I do agree about the 100%... lets have him for the finals... though denying him a chance to play his last origin with Locky is cruel as well.

At the start of the season I think Hodges would have got the Fullback gig had he been fit. But, given that we've struggled to settle on a left centre, it would probably be silly not to have Hodges in the centres, especially with Hoffman going so well right now.

Read it again boys. I said it's hard to see Hodges slot straight back into RIGHT centre. Of course I expect him to slot straight back into the centres, just not sure which side of the field that will be on.

Jeba said:
Read it again boys. I said it's hard to see Hodges slot straight back into RIGHT centre. Of course I expect him to slot straight back into the centres, just not sure which side of the field that will be on.
I think he will slot straight back to right centre with Folau moving to wing. Our wingers have been average this season so that will strengthen our right wing while we don't lose anything at right centre.

That being said I would prefer Hodges shifted to left centre because Folau has shown nothing at left centre every time he's played in that position.

Bloody awsome news! We will play finals guys!!!!!!!! icon_thumbs_u

broncospwn said:
Awesome news!
Justin God Hodges is close to a return.

Yep, hope he comes back against the Sharks, ruptures it again and we'll all be saying "OH GOD WHAT A DICKHEAD".

Anyway, our backline doesn't need him.

the WORST thing the broncos could do is put folau back to wing. he has been 100% better at centre, and looks 100% happier. if we are a chance to keep him, putting him back on the wing would ruin that chance.

oh and i dont think injury is stopping hodges from playing with Lockyer in the origin - Tongas awesome form would be even if he wasnt injured IMO.

Left centre is where we're still struggling a bit for consistency. I say play Hodges at left centre.

I agree with both of the above posts

I agree,

Hodges to left center, Folau stays right center amd Yow Yeh/Kemp/Winterstein battle it out for the two wing spots

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Pablo
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.