Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

I honestly think it will also depend on how the team goes win wise. If we are doing well Hodges may take an extra week or 2 to be 100% if we are still struggling he will push hard and i would expect to see him back Vs the Storm Rd 9 or the Titans rd 10

draggx said:
I honestly think it will also depend on how the team goes win wise. If we are doing well Hodges may take an extra week or 2 to be 100% if we are still struggling he will push hard and i would expect to see him back Vs the Storm Rd 9 or the Titans rd 10

Honestly round 9 or 10, that would be awsome!!!! I dont know anything about recoverys for his type of injury but i think its wishful thinking if originally it was round 20, 21. Thats only four weeks and from watching him train on the news it looks like he will be not wearing a Broncos jersey for some time :cry:

But lets prey for a quick quick recovery hope he does return round 9,10!!!! icon_smile

As Flutterby said, if he's feeling significant tightness then he has a lot of rehab to go. Needs to get that calf all stretched and flexible or he's likely to snap the tendon again.

His calf is probably half the size it should be.

Coxy said:
As Flutterby said, if he's feeling significant tightness then he has a lot of rehab to go. Needs to get that calf all stretched and flexible or he's likely to snap the tendon again.

Bingo! If they try and rush him back before he is absolutely 100% he is just going to tear it again (esp someone who has become a bit injury prone like Hodgo) and that does no-one any good. If anything I would expect they would be over-cautious and leave him out an extra week or 2 just to be sure.

Raw Boned Youngster said:
Is it very hard to get it back to strength/size? Could affect his game big time [icon_frown

HOPEFULLY they don't push it - if it was a matter of a GF then of course but I'd rather have him ready to go when he's 100% confident.

I'd HATE for him to come back 2 weeks early and then tear it again which has happened to many.

Also - it will have him fresh and ready for next year when we have a real good crack at it.

It would be immensely stupid for Hodges to be rushed back. If it snaps again because he didn't let it heal properly, it could cause him all sorts of trouble.

broncospwn said:
Is it very hard to get it back to strength/size? Could affect his game big time [icon_frown

Speaking from some level of experience, building up and equalising calf muscles is tricky.
But more than strength and bulk, the critical thing is getting the length back into it. It would've shortened a shitload.

Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

Speaking from some level of experience, building up and equalising calf muscles is tricky.
But more than strength and bulk, the critical thing is getting the length back into it. It would've shortened a shitload.
Well hopefully with all the professionals and a+ care he has access to he can get back to full strength.
I hope this doesn't affect his game too much but I'm worried it will especially with the style of play he has.

would love a fit hodges for the run to the finals if we need to put together straight wins to sneak in but if not i can wait till round 22-23 for him and give him a few games for match fitness into the finals.

great attacking weapon and requires the other team to man up which in turn allows our wingers to get space. but seriously hodges, dont rush back and get injured again, atm glenn is doing fine. gillett even too..

broncospwn said:
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

Well hopefully with all the professionals and a+ care he has access to he can get back to full strength.
I hope this doesn't affect his game too much but I'm worried it will especially with the style of play he has.

Yes, my concern isn't so much the care he is receiving but whether he's smart enough to listen to them, or just think "stuff all this stretching stuff, it's boring, I'm going running".

I am sure they are well aware of that as well Coxy. They have probably been working with him a long time. Broncos would know what he's like and will be pushing him.

tkday said:
I am sure they are well aware of that as well Coxy. They have probably been working with him a long time. Broncos would know what he's like and will be pushing him.

Yes, I sincerely hope so.

We'll I'll tell you now I hope they don't rush him if we're in the finals or about to make the finals... depending on the context but if we're CLEARLY behind teams such as Melbourne/Dragons would there be a real need to risk it?

It would be an absolute tragedy if he does it again... I would so rather him ready to go next year with a FULL off season with the "apparent" incoming signings.

Now THAT would be smart.

We'll see after this game Friday night as to whether we need him.

Coxy said:
broncospwn said:

Coxy is spot on.
As I have said previously, it is a bizarre injury. Important muscles don't seem to talk to each other.

I don't have access to Justin's team of experts and I am certainly older, but my recovery ( 8 months ) has been very slow and frustrating.
The floppy foot syndrome is replaced by the 'unexplained' limp after the pain and stiffness seems to go.

All I know is that my calf, after months of fairly full on physio, massage and strengthening is significantly different to my other one.
My constant limp is certainly due to a shortening of my achilles and calf.
The initial treatment is to jam the achilles together.

Good luck to Justin... he'll need it.
As I said previously, in prophet of doom style, I don't think Justin will ever be the same.
Let's accept anything else as a bonus.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.