Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

Hodges is the difference between us being a premiership threat or simply making up the numbers this year. He is without doubt IMO the most important player in our team.

More important than Lockyer or the go forward Thaiday provides? I think not...

To me Hodges will be an added strike weapon when he's back and fit. But we can live without him. Our games against Storm and Titans have proven that.

However, his value will come in for games like the Raiders game which were there for the taking but we just lacked that player to turn half chances into tries.

m1c said:
Hodges is the difference between us being a premiership threat or simply making up the numbers this year. He is without doubt IMO the most important player in our team.
100% disagree.

He will be a great addition to the team when he comes off injury, but I think we've shown we don't need him. He's definitely important, but not the most important. Broncos can win premiership without him.

m1c said:

I agree with the Premiership thing, well at least that with Hodges in the centres we double our chances to win. We miss his aggresion and leadership a lot especially in the earlier rounds. Thaiday and Teo are making up for that a bit now but we still need hodges back.

I cant agree with the most important player in the team comment. ATM i would have it as 1.Lockyer 2.Thaiday 3.Folau but if Hodges get back to 100% fitness and is playing like we know he can then i have no dobut he will be in the top three of our most important.

I missed the first half of the Nrl on FOX, did Sailor mention Hdges being back within two weeks? Did he give a hint to who was his source? Has anybody been to Broncos Training sessions lately and seen Hodges running around???

I live in the NT so its hard for me to make the training sessions :mad: :mad:

He just said he had "mail" that Hodges would be right in a couple of weeks.

tkday said:
He will be a great addition to the team when he comes off injury, but I think we've shown we don't need him. He's definitely important, but not the most important. Broncos can win premiership without him.
We are currently 4 wins out of 10 games. In many of those he may have been the difference.

Coxy said:

Thanks coxy icon_thumbs_u

I wonder where Mr Salior gets his mail from eusa_think

Does Salior have anything to do with the Maroons team this year??? Could be getting it from Lockyer or maybe Mal is thinking if Tonga doesnt work out (i think he will carve though) he wanted to know how far Hogdes is away from playing and Salior might of got it from there

Coxy said:

Thanks coxy icon_thumbs_u

I wonder where Mr Salior gets his mail from eusa_think

Does Salior have anything to do with the Maroons team this year??? Could be getting it from Lockyer or maybe Mal is thinking if Tonga doesnt work out (i think he will carve though) he wanted to know how far Hogdes is away from playing and Salior might of got it from there

user_nat said:
tkday said:
We are currently 4 wins out of 10 games. In many of those he may have been the difference.

I can only think of 2 of those games where he could've made a difference - Raiders and Knights. Both games that were very winnable but needed someone to put their hand up and provide that extra inspiration.

Against Roosters, Dragons, Warriors, Bulldogs the Broncos were comprehensively outplayed and Hodges wouldn't have made much difference.

So if we had Hodges we might be 6-4 instead of 4-6. Granted that'd put us firmly in the top 8, but meh, still don't think he's our "most important" player at all.

hodges may well be back in 2 rounds, but he'll be back on the injured list again in 4.

Anonymous person said:
hodges may well be back in 2 rounds, but he'll be back on the injured list again in 4.

Or suspended...

Hahaha, but those 4 weeks would be awesome. I love watching him play.

Do we need him? The last thing we need on the field are penalties and slow runs.

Nashy said:
Do we need him? The last thing we need on the field are penalties and slow runs.

Yeah, we flew Tronc out of the UK to do both of those.

and hes already put together more back to back matches than hodges has in his entire career. tronc ftw!

Tronc is doing fine, hodges will do more than slow runs and penalties (unless his injury is really bad and he becomes even slower). Hodges is a valuable player, but someone will have to be removed from the team to fit him in. But in saying that, he will probably get injured a few weeks later anyway.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • OnToSomething
  • Pablo
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.