Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

Give micheals a break people, sure, its a personal opinion but Im sick of hearing the clones come out and say something because they think there part of the "in" group on here if they knock micheals. Unless you have seen him personally do anything worth criticising lately, then give it up.

Yeah come on guys. He hasn't dropped a ball or missed a tackle in a first grade game for months. Take it easy on him.

bent said:
Give micheals a break people, sure, its a personal opinion but Im sick of hearing the clones come out and say something because they think there part of the "in" group on here if they knock micheals. Unless you have seen him personally do anything worth criticising lately, then give it up.

is this Steve?

Just one of the few realistic and sensible people on here. You're deluded if they don't think Michaels is a viable option worth seriously considering in our backline this year.

As mentioned earlier it is make or break for him, however. Off contract, indifferent season last year and with some of the kids we have coming through..

m1c said:
Just one of the few realistic and sensible people on here. You're deluded if they don't think Michaels is a viable option worth seriously considering in our backline this year.

As mentioned earlier it is make or break for him, however. Off contract, indifferent season last year and with some of the kids we have coming through..

Yes he's an option.

But if he shows similar defensive ineptitude that he showed in 2009, no, he's not an option.

im sorry, did you say that michaels had an 'indifferent season' last year? that was probably the single worst season ive seen by a player ever. he was ridiculously bad. all the opposition had to do was run at him and he would either just miss the tackle outright or would be indecisive and let them just get around him and get the ball to the outside man.

he was worse than useless.

You must want to get into the in crowd if you state facts that you saw with your own eyes.

Anyone have any update on the injury?
Justin Hodges Centre Achilles tendon Mid-season 2010
Is that looking generous, any chance we can see him before than?
What round does origin start, personally I hope he comes back during mid origin so we don't just lose him to origin matches straight after he comes back.

I reckon Hodges will come back very strong and fired up after the injury.

Hodges is an inspiration to the team when he plays the whole team lifts a notch, he's one of those special players that can have that effect on the team.

broncospwn said:
Anyone have any update on the injury?
Justin Hodges Centre Achilles tendon Mid-season 2010
Is that looking generous, any chance we can see him before than?
What round does origin start, personally I hope he comes back during mid origin so we don't just lose him to origin matches straight after he comes back.

I reckon Hodges will come back very strong and fired up after the injury.

Hodges is an inspiration to the team when he plays the whole team lifts a notch, he's one of those special players that can have that effect on the team.

I'd prefer to give him as long as he needs rather than rush him. His injury isn't something to be dicked around with.

Origin 1 is in May. I'd say his chances of being back by then are between Buckley's and none. Origin 2 is Mid-June, it's possible he could be returning to the field then. In which case I think Queensland would have to have lost Origin 2 pretty bad for him to get a call up in Origin 3.

Personally I think this injury has killed his rep career, but we'll see how he goes on return. I think he'll lose yet another yard of pace and that makes him almost unplayable in the centres at that level.

Coxy said:
Personally I think this injury has killed his rep career, but we'll see how he goes on return. I think he'll lose yet another yard of pace and that makes him almost unplayable in the centres at that level.

$10 to anyone who can spot the agenda in Coxy's post. icon_smile

$10 to anyone that can tell the difference between an agenda and an opinion :P

Coxy, I hope you're right anyway. I'm sick of our best players being taken for origin and as a result the team suffering big time origin time. I'd say if QLD lose the first two (unlikely) then he'll come back in the team, if they win the first two I don't think they'll drop whoever did the job the first two times.

What round is he likely to come back,12ish? Around round 13-20 are the most important IMO I hope he's back in the team by than.

A torn achilles is a terrible injury - I know because I am in the process of recovering from one. As well as the achilles, your entire leg, especially the calf wastes away. The fear of a re-rupture is the biggest worry though.
Good luck to Justin ( and Becks ).
I know he has the best in the business working on him and all, but I remain sceptical of how Justin will recover.

Especially given Hodges is notoriously lazy with doing the rehab for his injuries.

Coxy said:
Especially given Hodges is notoriously lazy with doing the rehab for his injuries.

Where's the proof on this one, or just your opinion?

Used to work with the club, spoke to various people including physio staff.

I can back Coxy on this - one of my best friends works as part of Dean Benton's team specifically with the guys on rehab and he has generally been a bit lazy with rehab training. At the moment it is looking unlikely he will be back before origin (there is even a small chance he may not get back at all this year - but that's a very small chance).

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.