Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

I actually suspect he may not be back until the later rounds just before the finals. But we will see.

Just my guess but I think Hodges will play rep as long as he can and as long as he is being selected --> because he has missed out on so many games due to injury (and poor form at various stages)

lockyer47 said:
Just my guess but I think Hodges will play rep as long as he can and as long as he is being selected --> because he has missed out on so many games due to injury (and poor form at various stages)

The "as long as he is being selected" thing could be the trick. He's had limited impact in rep when he's been fully fit. Coming back from an achilles injury I doubt he'll justify selection if Inglis, Tonga, Boyd etc are fit and in form.

I don't understand why he would be lazy. Is he lazy in every part of his game, or does he work hard in training?

rehab sucks, I don't blame him lol :P

tkday said:
I don't understand why he would be lazy. Is he lazy in every part of his game, or does he work hard in training?

From what I have heard he has generally been a lazy trainer fullstop. But even more so with rehab - as broncospwn said, rehab does indeed suck. It is hard, often really painful and you are usually training by yourself - it's pretty easy to get down about it and really not want to do it. But I would have thought at NRL level you would work your guts out in rehab so you can get back to real training and playing. But pretty much every injury he has had has taken him longer to come back than expected and it is has been attributed to his attitude to the training.

Flutterby said:
tkday said:

From what I have heard he has generally been a lazy trainer fullstop. But even more so with rehab - as broncospwn said, rehab does indeed suck. It is hard, often really painful and you are usually training by yourself - it's pretty easy to get down about it and really not want to do it. But I would have thought at NRL level you would work your guts out in rehab so you can get back to real training and playing. But pretty much every injury he has had has taken him longer to come back than expected and it is has been attributed to his attitude to the training.

I've followed the broncs for a while and this rumor has been going around for ages - if it is true, you'd think the broncs would have gotten someone to spend time with Hodgo to keep him focused and enthused, especially considering what a major part of the team he is. Seriously, the broncs would be able to get around poor training with some individual focus - though perhaps I'm oversimplifying it all/...

WB himself said in his book

The one thing about Hodges... awesome player but the "boy did not want to train".

Just the way he is obviously.

Not a great trait obviously.

lockyer47 said:

The one thing about Hodges... awesome player but the "boy did not want to train".

He could be worse though really. His teammates clearly love playing with him and enjoy having him in the team.

And the club are obviously OK with and make allowances for his training attitude

#1 Kemp fan said:
lockyer47 said:

He could be worse though really. His teammates clearly love playing with him and enjoy having him in the team.

You're preaching to the choir!
I'm no.1 Hodges fan and have been since he got here. I won't deny his dropped form since 06-07 but IMO he's been a big reason to Bronco's success after the horrid S. Kelly era.

Hey, I'm #1 tyvm! :P
We are in desperate need of our savior, I'm hoping he gets some sort of miracle recovery and is back by round 10.

Heard he is starting to run around and doing a bit of training. Havent heard anything that suggest he will be back any sooner then round 19-20!!! Lets hope he is though!!!

Him saying it tight concerns me. If it's tight is when it is more likely to go again if he over-stretches out just a little bit

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.