Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

Agreed, if you were to do a cost benefit analysis of the two for say, the next 3 years, Inglis would give a lot more to the Broncos than Hodges for the money paid.

Ghibli said:
Agreed, if you were to do a cost benefit analysis of the two for say, the next 3 years, Inglis would give a lot more to the Broncos than Hodges for the money paid.

Absolutely agree. The Broncos paid the penalty for having faith in the injury crippled Ben Ikin and Steve Michaels. Let's not make it a third mistake.

Releasing Hodges to gain would be an excellent idea and good for the club but I doubt it would happen. If Hodges asked for a release the scneario could happen otherwise I doubt the Broncos would say we don't want you Hodgo..

That's fine. You all make good points. I probably shouldve said "I don't want that" instead of "we". I just like Hodges better and think he still has plenty to offer at the Broncos.

I like Hodges more than Inglis, but in terms of what's best for Broncos it's probably Inglis. You can't expect Broncos to let a loyal player like Hodges go though.

I would reduce Hodge's next contract and see what he does - surely his only bargaining power is his name, he hasn't done much in the last 2-3 years to warrant an upgrade...

Jeba said:
That's fine. You all make good points. I probably shouldve said "I don't want that" instead of "we". I just like Hodges better and think he still has plenty to offer at the Broncos.

Totally fair enough.

Inglis would be commanding in excess of 500k. For someone who goes MIA as much as he does at club level.. No thanks. I'd rather pay Hannant or Izzy 500k.

m1c said:
Inglis would be commanding in excess of 500k. For someone who goes MIA as much as he does at club level.. No thanks. I'd rather pay Hannant or Izzy 500k.

Hodges is on $400K+ for sure. He may not go MIA on the field, but he's AWOL at least 50% of a season.

We can only speculate but I can't imagine he'd be on that much. I'd be thinking more in the realm of 350k.

Whats best for the Broncos is Hodges to stay injury free and us to sign Inglis because Folau leaves..

m1c said:
We can only speculate but I can't imagine he'd be on that much. I'd be thinking more in the realm of 350k.

Pretty sure he signed his current contract in 2007, when he was the world's best centre and singlehandedly keeping the Broncos in the hunt for the finals. I've seen reports estimating his contract around $425K.

m1c said:

at the time he renewed his contract with us the report i read said that when he came back from the Roosters he was on around 150k but when he renewed his contract the Broncos offer was double what he was on which would put him on arounf the 300k mark. but the papers can only speculate as no player or club would release a players contract value to the media.

Jeba said:
+1 Gazzilion!
I love Hodgo, he will be a huge strike weapon coming into the finals series.
Next year Inglis + Hodgo or Folau + Hodgo, either way that's mouth watering!

That is if Inglis stays in the NRL.

tkday said:
You can't expect Broncos to let a loyal player like Hodges go though.

You need to re-define loyal. He left us to go to the Roosters for money, despite having lied directly to Bennett's face that he was even thinking of leaving. Then he turned into a massive tool and we took him back because no-one else wanted him. Personally I wouldn't call that being a loyal Broncos player. However I don't begrudge him leaving - I am not one who insists on 100% loyalty from player or club (though it is really really nice if/when it happens these days) and belives they should look after themselves.

I will also admit I did not for one second want Hodges back at the Broncos when he returned from the Roosters; however whilst I still think he is a massive tool, he has certainly put in some awesome performances for the Broncos and Queensland since. I would happily have either Hodges or Inglis on the field - however if forced to choose one or the other, I would take Inglis, mainly because like others have said, I feel Inglis represents better value for money right now given the point each of their careers are at.

I think the broncos would be mad to keep Hodges at the expense of Inglis. Don't get me wrong, I like Hodgo, but as many have said, at this point in their respective careers, Inglis simply represents better value for money.

Bucking Beads said:
We only want Inglis if Folau leaves.

Why? If we could get him as well as Folau and Hodges, that'd be awesome.

But my preference would be Folau and Inglis in the centres. Unless Hodges is willing to play left centre, then I'd be OK with Hodges and Folau.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Fitzy
  • Emanon
  • BruiserMk1
  • Astro
  • Howie
  • Ironbroncos
  • KickHaas
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.