Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

Gingerballs said:
Donny said:
My only concern is that when Hodges comes back he may have a couple of crappy games because he will be rusty and some people will grill him. Give him a chance and he COULD be the difference between winning and loosing. IMO we need Hodges because like somebody mentioned ATM we are to predictable. Honestly how many points have we scored down our left side this Year? If we have Hodges we have two attacking options one on either side of the field.

The only time we have scored on the left side was when Gillet killed it against the sharks. Im licking my lips at the thought of Gillet inside of Hodges creating space for Hodges to carve it up.
The trouble with Hodges on the left is,

a) It makes his big right foot step ineffective.
b) He doesn't step off the left very well.
and importantly, c) He doesn't attack the line/hit holes at all.

IMO Hodges would just be a run of the mill centre if he were on the left, though that's not to say that I think Folau should be moved there. I just don't expect much from Hodges when he's not on his preferred side.

What's wrong with Hodgo stepping off his right foot and getting outside his man, the defending winger wouldn't know what to do.
Ivan would just have to teach him how to draw and pass.

LOLZ. Interesting. Maybe it'll settle him down.

lets hope him getting married has the same effect as Thaiday finding love

Congratulations Hodges!

Poor old broncospwn is going to be devastated.

Well done Justin, hopefully having a good woman around ensure you grow up on and off the field...

I am devastated but I'm very happy for him :P

Justin God Hodges has finally got a wife, I hope she is goddess, it would only be fitting!
I'm very happy for him :D

Hodges was just interviewed at the ground and expects to be back in 5 weeks.

Coxy said:
Hodges was just interviewed at the ground and expects to be back in 5 weeks.

I am happy with that, it means he will not be rushing back and he should be fresh for an assualt on the finals... icon_thumbs_u

Coxy said:
Dumb move.

I agree but I wonder if Izzy leaving at the end of the year affected the decision at all. If Folau is as good as people say he should be able to play in the left.

Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:
Dumb move.

I agree but I wonder if Izzy leaving at the end of the year affected the decision at all. If Folau is as good as people say he should be able to play in the left.

To me it's not about whether Izzy is capable of playing left. Of course he is. So's Hodges.

Fact is for what will be nearly 20 rounds, the Broncos game plan has had as a chief component of it angling play down the right to try and make the most of Folau. Players around him are very used to it and know the plays.

Suddenly we shift that focus to the left? Where there has been precious little ball all season?

I think it'll be unnecessarily disruptive to the team's organisation. And that, to me, is the focus. Next year is next year.

Agreed.

I am all for building and preparing for the future, but we still have a Premiership to win this year. Maybe if we were someone like the Sharks who aren't a serious Premiership contender we would go with the combination that will benefit us next season but we can win a Premiership this season and IMO the best way to do it is to stick with that is working and a large part of our success this season has been the Lockyer-Folau combination on the right.

Hodges has played on the left for Australia before and played very well so he can play there for the rest of this season, and next season return to his favoured right side.

Jeba said:
Agreed.

I am all for building and preparing for the future, but we still have a Premiership to win this year. Maybe if we were someone like the Sharks who aren't a serious Premiership contender we would go with the combination that will benefit us next season but we can win a Premiership this season and IMO the best way to do it is to stick with that is working and a large part of our success this season has been the Lockyer-Folau combination on the right.

Hodges has played on the left for Australia before and played very well so he can play there for the rest of this season, and next season return to his favoured right side.

We are agreeing far too much lately mate! :P

Coxy said:
Jeba said:
Agreed.

We are agreeing far too much lately mate! :P

Yes!!! Lucky there is a decent law which prevents us from getting married [icon_wink

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Xzei
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Tim K
  • Volvo Driver
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.