Hodges out for most of Season! Link included

Well I'm with the rock on this one.
Lets not forget Hodges is a superstar pre this injury he was easily considered the best or second best centre in the game(depending on Inglis' mood lol). He's not some fringe first grade dud player, he's a superstar and one of our best players without a doubt. If he can get back to his best he will certainly play origin and he will be a key player in our team again. I know people have short memories but this guy is a freak and is so good for us. I remember last year when ever he would play for us the entire team just seemed to lift because of it, he's that sort of player.

He is the type of player who gives that X-factor, we don't have many in our team who have that besides the legend in the no.6 and Gillett is getting there. With Hodges though defence don't know how to deal with him because he does the most unpredictable things. Remember that Titans try at dummy half when he threw it backwards without looking to the winger who scored untouched? That just typifies the sort of player he is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4uawF_nrxk that was same time last year.

Heck, he's the same guy who made Micheals look good when he played next to him. Also look at how Yow Yeh played next to Hodges. Players lover being around him and play better because of it.

The key is if Hodges get past his injuries, which may not be likely but if he does then there is no reason he can't return to his best. The rest will only make him fresher for this year/next year.

Bucking Beads said:
Lets get Hodges back on the field before we bicker about how long he can continue playing..

Unless everybody here has a medical degree and watches him train everyday then we probably have no idea how or when he will return.

Rock you pointed it out yourself - his most chronic ongoing injury concern is his hamstrings and generally dodgy hamstrings are what actually leads to a lot of other more serious injuries.

Personally I think he CAN regain his Origin jumper in terms of his football ability - it's going to be injuries that may affect his impact and/or confidence. I am not prepared ot really make a call either way on if he should be back playing rep footy until he actually gets back on the field.

In terms of this season - at this stage I would actually prefer he doesn't return to the field this year (unless we have serious injuries to any of the youngters). We have proven we don't absolutely NEED him and I think having the whole year re-habilitating then getting a full pre-season under his belt will be better for him and the team.

Flutterby said:
In terms of this season - at this stage I would actually prefer he doesn't return to the field this year (unless we have serious injuries to any of the youngters). We have proven we don't absolutely NEED him and I think having the whole year re-habilitating then getting a full pre-season under his belt will be better for him and the team.

I agree lets make sure he is right to go for next season he can have a good pre-season and be right to go for round one 2011. Achillies are bad injuries to get and i would rather we be extra careful so Hodges has the best chance he has to avoid re-injuring it.

He's still a few weeks away from playing and everyone is already arguing about his performance. How the hell can any of you tell until he's started playing?

tkday said:
He's still a few weeks away from playing and everyone is already arguing about his performance. How the hell can any of you tell until he's started playing?

Chris Walker returned from an achilles injury too early and reinjured it.

Many others in league and other sports have done the same.

I'd rather he sit out this year and be SURE he's fine before making a return. Simple as that.

If he's fit, he's fit, no point holding off if there's going to be no problems. Would they be stupid enough to allow him on when he's not fully recovered?

Coxy said:
tkday said:

Chris Walker returned from an achilles injury too early and reinjured it.

Many others in league and other sports have done the same.

I'd rather he sit out this year and be SURE he's fine before making a return. Simple as that.

thats what i have been saying, we haven't been going too badly without him for the last couple of months and Glenn, Gillett and Te'o are all capable of playing left center. it is better he sit out the rest of this year and being ready and eager to go next year, rather than come back too early re0injure his achillies and mis the 2011 season as well.

If we Sign Inglis and Hodges gets back to full fitness how awsome is our backline going to be next year :mrgreen:

Hodges will never return to his peak imo, and he certainly wont reach the ridiculously high expectations most on this board have for him. Notice how i said reach, and not return, coz he was never the God that some think he is.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Hodges will never return to his peak imo, and he certainly wont reach the ridiculously high expectations most on this board have for him. Notice how i said reach, and not return, coz he was never the God that some think he is.

yet you'll be the first to bag out fans of hayne for only having 1 good season... 1 good season does not make a career buddy. he was brilliant in 2006, but has not even got remotely close to being that good since

QUEENSLANDER said:
yet you'll be the first to bag out fans of hayne for only having 1 good season... 1 good season does not make a career buddy. he was brilliant in 2006, but has not even got remotely close to being that good since

Have I ever bagged out fans of Hayne for having 1 good season? honestly, show me where I have. Because I have never done it.

My point was that he HAS reached the God-like status in his career, which was in 2006. You may notice I did not say that he has been that good since that season, because it's obvious that he hasn't. But what's also obvious is your naiive attitude to those who recognise just how good he was that season.

QUEENSLANDER said:

Disagree. I think he was actually BETTER in 2007, but the fact the Broncos were annihilated by injuries meant the team struggled (Lockyer, Berrigan, KHunt etc). Hodges was a shining light in a well beaten team.

He has been in decline since then though.

Coxy said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Disagree. I think he was actually BETTER in 2007, but the fact the Broncos were annihilated by injuries meant the team struggled (Lockyer, Berrigan, KHunt etc). Hodges was a shining light in a well beaten team.

Very good point.

and how long ago is that.. 3 - 4 years... yet all i hear on here is how he is still this legendary centre that is a class above most. realistically, if he gets back on the field, he will be a shadow of the player we saw in 2006, and not even close to being an aussie or QLD rep

QUEENSLANDER said:
and how long ago is that.. 3 - 4 years... yet all i hear on here is how he is still this legendary centre that is a class above most. realistically, if he gets back on the field, he will be a shadow of the player we saw in 2006, and not even close to being an aussie or QLD rep

That's not the point I am making.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Notice how i said reach, and not return, coz he was never the God that some think he is.

You shouldn't have highlighted the fact that you said reach, not return.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Robboi_321
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • heartly87
  • jd87
  • K-Style
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • johnny plath
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.