"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Nov 19, 2013
I said the other day when the Broncos announced Milford had signed for 2015/16 that there would be more to this in the coming weeks - the Broncos by signing him for 2015/16 have forced the raiders hand and the dumbo's then rushed to put out a press statement without Milford's permission - the assumed he would now be there in 2014 - that he would be staying in Canberra.
The Broncos have now flushed out the Raiders and Sturat for what they are and how they treat players and now you will find that if the raiders cannot see the best way for all concerned is to release him and let him then be contrated to the Broncos in 2014 as well the my bet is the NRL will step in and call the shots - how dumb are the raiders and really hats off to Gee this time because they have played it very very well
The NRL WILL NOT let thsi kid stand down for a season - he will be 5/8th for the broncos in 2014

Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Nov 19, 2013
After reading Hoffmans old man's comments he forgets one very important thing - the broncos have been pretty good to him as well and pay him big bucks to play for them - they are his employers - that doesnt mean to say he gets to play fullback - that is not in his contract I would dare say.
Hodges is not a dog - he was telling it exactly as he saw it - Hoffman need to improve his passing game to be that top notch fullback - I don't think he rally said much more than that and fair dinkum - fancy the old man asking what credentials Hodgo has got when it comes to fullback play - do we really have to saw anything except to say that Hodgo could play anywhere in the backline and has played fullback many times over very successfully in the past and even the kiwis don't think Hoffman is good enough - MAYBE IT'S HIS PASSING GAME!!!!!!
We all have to do things in life we don't want to do and really he will be released once the Milford thing is sorted and signed so he is at the Broncos in 2014

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It is a privilege to play for this club, not a right. Whatever happens will be on the Broncos terms, Hoffman would be wise not to burn anymore bridges, hes hardly endearing himself to those who can give him what he wants.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
After reading Hoffmans old man's comments he forgets one very important thing - the broncos have been pretty good to him as well and pay him big bucks to play for them - they are his employers - that doesnt mean to say he gets to play fullback - that is not in his contract I would dare say.
Hodges is not a dog - he was telling it exactly as he saw it - Hoffman need to improve his passing game to be that top notch fullback - I don't think he rally said much more than that and fair dinkum - fancy the old man asking what credentials Hodgo has got when it comes to fullback play - do we really have to saw anything except to say that Hodgo could play anywhere in the backline and has played fullback many times over very successfully in the past and even the kiwis don't think Hoffman is good enough - MAYBE IT'S HIS PASSING GAME!!!!!!
We all have to do things in life we don't want to do and really he will be released once the Milford thing is sorted and signed so he is at the Broncos in 2014

I wouldn't even dignify that dog shit from Hoffman's dad with any sort of response ..

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It wouldn't take much research to know Hodges was our last premiership winning fullback but people don't like to let facts get in the way of a good agenda. If we don't get Milford next year, make Hoffman play reserves and have his club membership revoked.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
To me, it sounds like his dad has been in his ear all year about what his rights should be. That creates a very confusing headspace. Just another instance of a dad living vicariously through their children's success. His dad would do well to take a step back and think about what truly is in his sons best interests before he does any more damage to his career.
He is supporting his kid, wouldn't expect anything less. The problem for the Broncos is he is doing it in what is essentially a public domain where a club is never going to come out on top against a parent.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
They need to release him. As a fan I could never boo a bronco but I can no longer cheer for Hoffman either, he's antics have been disrespectful and ridiculous

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
It's nice that he wants to play fullback but he's had 3 years to cement that role and he hasn't done it (and it's not Brisbane's fault that he hasn't, Mr "I didn't put in 100%").

He'd better start thinking about playing wing next year because he's going to have a fight for that spot as well with Yow Yeh back, Vidot, Copley, Mills etc

If he doesn't want to play wing then Hoffman can play prop for norths in the qcup for a few weeks, that ought to sort his attitude out.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Just out of interest has Hoffman formally requested a release from his contract?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
"Who made u an expert on fullback play." - Shane Hoffman

Last edited by a moderator:
A

azza

NYC Player
Jun 30, 2013
On his twitter he posted 'My father doesnt speak for me'

He does know, he could come out and state his position doesnt he? And that posing in pictures is making this media storm worse right?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hoffman not even in the Kiwis World Cup team.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
He does know, he could come out and state his position doesnt he? And that posing in pictures is making this media storm worse right?

He might not be allowed to do it officially.

A

azza

NYC Player
Jun 30, 2013
He could accept interviews to say hes still contracted at least, oh yeah and not pose in photos to make the situation worse... I think hes deactivated his instagram too lol he clearly enjoys the attention

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Is it just me, or does someone posting with bad grammar, spelling, etc, give you the impression that they're not that intelligent, and therefore their comments are no different to a bum in the street mouthing off?

Unread

Active Now

• thenry
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.