"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Is it just me, or does someone posting with bad grammar, spelling, etc, give you the impression that they're not that intelligent, and therefore their comments are no different to a bum in the street mouthing off?

Ur crazy.

gordjw

gordjw

NRL Player
Jun 29, 2013
He might not be allowed to do it officially.

Well that only means one thing.

If he was staying, and happy about it, the club would have no problems with him posting that all over twitter.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Regardless of what the outcome, I'm getting sick of everyone making the Broncs out to be big bad bro when it really seems that isn't the case in these instances.

P

papabear

NYC Player
Nov 1, 2013
Am I the only one who thinks a player voicing dissatisfaction with another players skill set to journalists does absolutely nothing to help that said team.

Got no issues with what hodges said, but why not keep that on the training paddock or in the dressing room. Publicly dissing your teammate seems a bit lol to me.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks a player voicing dissatisfaction with another players skill set to journalists does absolutely nothing to help that said team.

Got no issues with what hodges said, but why not keep that on the training paddock or in the dressing room. Publicly dissing your teammate seems a bit lol to me.

Says a Raiders fan... :rofl:

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

You're right, though I think the headline in that article sounded worse than what Hodges was actually saying.

On the one had I'm glad that there was confirmation that there are people at the Broncos who can see this in the same way we do, but on the other hand I agree that saying that to the bloodthirsty media is only asking for trouble.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Is it just me, or does someone posting with bad grammar, spelling, etc, give you the impression that they're not that intelligent, and therefore their comments are no different to a bum in the street mouthing off?

Not just you ...this time.

Even worse I think when the said poster is supposed to have a maturity level higher than a 13yr old gronk.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
You're right, though I think the headline in that article sounded worse than what Hodges was actually saying.

On the one had I'm glad that there was confirmation that there are people at the Broncos who can see this in the same way we do, but on the other hand I agree that saying that to the bloodthirsty media is only asking for trouble.

Wrong way about it but really pretty tame on what was actually said and really was at worse constructive criticism, especially if you compare it the comments Hoffman's old man had to say who really is not helping the situation.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Honestly, people are just popping their tops for no reason.

Yeah, it doesn't look good that Hoffman is in those pictures but he's not the one posting them. The Bulldogs players obviously like him and they want him to come to Belmore which is why he's in those pictures. He's not wearing a bulldogs jersey or posing with the flag by himself. He's not going to tell his mates "come on, guys. don't post those pictures with me".

So far anything Hoffman has said anything directly it's only been indicating that he's coming back and he still wants to play at fullback, a little bit of ambition is good.

A

azza

NYC Player
Jun 30, 2013
Youd be pretty naive to think Hoffman didnt know what he was doing and wasnt supporting it.

P

papabear

NYC Player
Nov 1, 2013
Wrong way about it but really pretty tame on what was actually said and really was at worse constructive criticism, especially if you compare it the comments Hoffman's old man had to say who really is not helping the situation.
But why would Hodges want to lower himself to the same place as a disgruntled relative of a disgruntled player.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
But why would Hodges want to lower himself to the same place as a disgruntled relative of a disgruntled player.

How about he went it was wrong that I agree on, best left behind the scenes, but I don't see him as being on the same level when his comments aren't directed towards Hoffman at a personal level as it clearly has been from Hoffman's father towards Hodges and the club, Hodges wasn't even bagging him as a player, just saying he would be better suited on the wing, his not the first player in the club to have been suggested to play in another position, even in the media by another club mate or ex player.

Last edited:
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Honestly, people are just popping their tops for no reason.

Yeah, it doesn't look good that Hoffman is in those pictures but he's not the one posting them. The Bulldogs players obviously like him and they want him to come to Belmore which is why he's in those pictures. He's not wearing a bulldogs jersey or posing with the flag by himself. He's not going to tell his mates "come on, guys. don't post those pictures with me".

So far anything Hoffman has said anything directly it's only been indicating that he's coming back and he still wants to play at fullback, a little bit of ambition is good.

This was my view the first time it happened, but for it to happen again, and even more obviously with Morris in the pic, tells me he's purposely playing games.

I haven't popped my top though! I'm keen to see how this all unravels.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  • something
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.