'Homesick' Ben Hannant may quit Bulldogs

At the start of last year Hannant was on one of the footy show's (cant remember which one) but he said he loved it down in sydney and that he was best mates with Michael Ennis and that their family's spent heaps of time togeather and his family loved it in Sydney. Now like you said things do change, and i cant say for sure that its isnt family related. To be honest at the start of last year Hannant was just an ordinary prop who handnt played rep footy, but now that he has played rep footy and is one of the form props in the comp i find it stange that all of a sudden when he could demand a lot more cash he has these family problems!!

I think it sets a very dangarous precadent, somebody mentioned about their job and that if they wanted to leave they could so why cant Hannant. Why cant he, Because he has signed a contract thats why.

Who here has signed a million dollar contract for a rugby league team???? Nobody because we all have ordinary jobs. Being a NRL player is not a ordinary job so ordinary job rules do not apply!!!!

The Rock said:
broncospwn said:
Foordy said:
It is easy to be skeptical about what Hannant says though, especially as about 2 weeks before he signed with the Bulldogs he said he'd never leave QLD again
Bingo.
Rocky it's not the same, wtf!
You said that in 2006 he said it TWO WEEKS before shit changes over years that's understandable, not instantly.

He said it TWO weeks before he SIGNED which means he would of already been in contract negotiations, which just goes to show that his word isn't worth much.

And? Shit can change, I don't care if it's 1 week or 2 weeks, you'll be surprised at how your whole outlook on life can change in such a short space of time.

Again, if anyone wants to continue down the path of "Oh Hannant is looking for more money" then continue to embarrass yourself in what's probably the most ridiculous conspiracy thing that BHQ has ever seen.

He is looking for more money!!

The Rock said:
broncospwn said:
Foordy said:
It is easy to be skeptical about what Hannant says though, especially as about 2 weeks before he signed with the Bulldogs he said he'd never leave QLD again
Bingo.
Rocky it's not the same, wtf!
You said that in 2006 he said it TWO WEEKS before shit changes over years that's understandable, not instantly.

He said it TWO weeks before he SIGNED which means he would of already been in contract negotiations, which just goes to show that his word isn't worth much.

And? Shit can change, I don't care if it's 1 week or 2 weeks, you'll be surprised at how your whole outlook on life can change in such a short space of time.

Again, if anyone wants to continue down the path of "Oh Hannant is looking for more money" then continue to embarrass yourself in what's probably the most ridiculous conspiracy thing that BHQ has ever seen.
My argument is not really about "more money" it's more so similar or perhaps more money in a much better environment, who wouldn't want to work from home if they could get the same cash and if you can get more than even better!

I don't think the main factor for him coming back is money, actually because money is no longer a factor (because he will get the same money here) he would prefer to be home and fair enough. My grudge with him has never been about what he wants it's about him sugar coating it.

If he leaves there's no monetary loss but a lot of personal gain besides money such as family, living at home, environment, closer to his church, etc.

In any case what ever his reasons business is business and Broncos should be seriously going for his signature.

Somebody mentioned that Loyalty was no longer, FYI a rugby league player by the name of Darren Lockyer, every heard of him????? Took a huge pay cut to stay with the Broncos and so they could sign some more talent, now if that isnt loyalty and passion for a team then i dont know what is. Benji Marshall re-signed with the Tigers because they were the team they gave him a chance, now im sure he was offered truck loads but that is loyalty imo

Ben Hannant has shown no loyalty to any team and i dont care what anyone says.

How do you know either of these players took a pay cut? Have you seen their contracts? Were you involved in their negotiations? Once again, the media has "rumoured" they took pay-cuts - you do not know for sure. I am not saying they didn't and if they did good for them.

People's motivations for staying in any job or going are their own and they don't have to justify them to anyone but themselves (and maybe their families).

And BTW - Lockyer taking a paycut would not necessarily allow the Broncos to sign any new players or beef up other players' contracts, because regardless of what he is actually paid, it is what the NRL values him at that counts as a minimum towards the cap - ie if NRL values him at $500,000 and he takes a pay cut and only actually gets paid $300,000 it makes no difference to what the club has available under the cap to pay other players with; conversely if the Broncos pay him $600,000 this season then that is the cap space he takes up and whilst he is still playing at the same level the NRL will not reduce this even if he goes back to only being paid $500,000 next season.

Dude did you read what i said. I didnt say Benji took a pay cut, i said he showed loyalty in re-signing with the tigers and i beleive what i wrote if you bothered to read it was he was probally offered a truck load of cash to stay with the tigers. Where in my last post did i even come close to saying the Benji took a paycut??? Lockyer taking a huge pay cut was very well publised and i believe the Broncos may of even confirmed it (i can be sure of that though).

And if you read what I wrote, I said how did you know for certain EITHER (not both - either) of these players took a paycut. I know for a fact that the Broncos flatly refuse to discuss the value of player contracts so they would not have confirmed anything of the sort.

Donny said:
Somebody mentioned that Loyalty was no longer, FYI a rugby league player by the name of Darren Lockyer, every heard of him????? Took a huge pay cut to stay with the Broncos and so they could sign some more talent, now if that isnt loyalty and passion for a team then i dont know what is. Benji Marshall re-signed with the Tigers because they were the team they gave him a chance, now im sure he was offered truck loads but that is loyalty imo

Ben Hannant has shown no loyalty to any team and i dont care what anyone says.
So a handful of players out of how many in the entire NRL??? On the whole, loyalty is dead. And that's as a result of the game now being big business. Sad, but true. I admire anyone in any industry that continues to be loyal to their employer, but I also admire those who can do the right thing by themselves and their families.

Active Now

• Dee
  • john1420
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Skyblues87
  • Fatboy
  • Ozired
  • Mustafur
  • Rowdy124
  • Fozz
  • teampjta
  • Jazza
  • upthehorse
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.