'Homesick' Ben Hannant may quit Bulldogs

sweet as, go to the titans.

I don't want Judas at the Broncos.

Hardly a Judas...more like, doing what's best for his family. The offer he got from the Bulldogs was just plain massive.

ningnangnong said:
Hardly a Judas...more like, doing what's best for his family. The offer he got from the Bulldogs was just plain massive.

Clearly not as they are Homesick...

Greenberg has confirmed he wants to leave. WWOS website under latest videos.
He's certainly leaving, probably within the next few weeks. Titans just last week said they only have $260 left in their salary cap so he'll obviously come back to the Broncos cause we have plenty of cash and are obviously keen on him if you believe the rumors from about last week.

He would be a HUGGGEEEEE boost to our forward pack. Our biggest weakness is our forward pack but add Hannant to it and I reckon we can give the title a shake this year.

broncospwn said:
He's certainly leaving, probably within the next few weeks. Titans just last week said they only have $260 left in their salary cap so he'll obviously come back to the Broncos cause we have plenty of cash and are obviously keen on him if you believe the rumors from about last week.

He would be a HUGGGEEEEE boost to our forward pack. Our biggest weakness is our forward pack but add Hannant to it and I reckon we can give the title a shake this year.

We do? [eusa_eh

We should have whatever amount Marsh was on..?

Regardless of whether he comes back to the Broncos, the more players that leave Brisbane and want to come back, the better for our club. Hopefully it will make players think twice when they're tempted by a higher offer in Sydney.

Scotty said:
broncospwn said:

We do? [eusa_eh
Of course we do. Just look at the players we lost last season and who we replaced them with. It's only logical that we have a fair bit of room in the salary cap. There was a lot of cash that would of been paid for hunt to re-sign, that would still be there. They're not going to say oh cause hunt didn't sign we'll give everyone a 10% payrise.

Also Marsh was on about 200k, he retired that's 200k free in our salary cap not including what ever free space we might of had before that.

With the right recruitment this year we can win the premiership next year and maybe this year.

schmix said:
We should have whatever amount Marsh was on..?

Regardless of whether he comes back to the Broncos, the more players that leave Brisbane and want to come back, the better for our club. Hopefully it will make players think twice when they're tempted by a higher offer in Sydney.

If he does comeback I hope it is on our best offer not his demands!

He is worth what ever he asks. Stop kidding yourself. On last seasons form he was arguably the best prop in the game and he's only 25 so has plenty of years left in him. If Clinton was on 250k Hannant is worth at least 350k.

broncospwn said:
He is worth what ever he asks. Stop kidding yourself. On last seasons form he was arguably the best prop in the game and he's only 25 so has plenty of years left in him. If Clinton was on 250k Hannant is worth at least 350k.

your a tool, If Hannant asks for a million is he worth it?? Hannant is not worth more than Petro and Webcke combined so pull your head out of your A$$

Having Kenny, Hannant, Anderson, Sims and McGuire as props does sound good. However I'm still not sure I want him back tbh.

Within reason you tool. He's not going to ask for a million. Lockyer in his prime didn't even get close to that.
At absolute most he would get in the 400k range and he's worth it.

Good props are very hard to find, Petero is too old to be worth as much. I would take Hannant at this point of time over Petero any day of the week. Webcke is retired so why are you bringing him up?

Hannant will be QLD's prop for a long time to come and likely for Australia as well.

Scotty said:
Having Kenny, Hannant, Anderson, Sims and McGuire as props does sound good. However I'm still not sure I want him back tbh.

It sounds good, looks good but Hannant doesn't deserve to be at the Broncos IMHO.

I disagree broncospwn. Hannant is worth 250-300k tops IMO. And even thats steep for him, he's not THAT good. The quality of younger props in the game is not overly great at the moment and he is one of the best out of them, but money like 400k is what you would be paying the likes of Webcke.

ningnangnong said:

His family stayed mainly on the Gold Coast.

At the time the money the Broncos offered him was what he was worth at the time

They greased his palms with coin & he buggared off, after stating he would never leave QLD again.

Scotty said:
I disagree broncospwn. Hannant is worth 250-300k tops IMO. And even thats steep for him, he's not THAT good. The quality of younger props in the game is not overly great at the moment and he is one of the best out of them, but money like 400k is what you would be paying the likes of Webcke.

I doubt Webcke got close to 400k TBH, Petro left the broncos to get the big money. The Broncos don't pay overs for props because they continue to develop awesome ones.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Manlyman
  • winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Behold
  • Justwin
  • Ras
  • eggstar10
  • Maroon4life
  • Big Del
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.